Posmo's Sierras or something?

15932_1142561687747_1338605099_30360707_5406408_n.jpg

:)

Of course it's mine :) And I've got 4. That rim is nowhere near finished either, I still need to polish the spokes to a mirror shine like this:
13%20kiillotuspala%20ja%20r%e4ttilaikka.jpg

And paint the lips in a new coat of silver paint. I would polish the lips aswell, but 2 of the rims have been curbed somewhat, and Im not sure if they could be fixed enough with sanding & polsihing :( Oh well, they were dist cheap :)

so you payed 500euros for it how mutch you invested in it so far? :)

I don't tend to think about those things. Let's say a bit more than I was planning to :rolleyes:

i like the way you love the sierra, here fords arent treated well :)
hope you will get it runing soon

so you payed 500euros for it how mutch you invested in it so far? :)

I don't tend to think about those things. Let's say a bit more than I was planning to :rolleyes:

:lol: Such a classic case. Remember these lines?:

• 1. It's your first car, so drive it like it is until it dies and save your cash for the next automotive step during that time.
  • 2. There is a reason why you've bought a cheap car. Don't forget that when you're go shopping for modifications (which you will do anyway...)
  • 3. You're 18, don't try and make it faster. It's fast enough.

Mind you, I give you a lot of credit for trying to keep the car as orginal as possible (from the outside), most chaps in your age would go for the "looks faster with this" modifications full start.

Does it actually run now?

Greetings, lip

:lol: Such a classic case. Remember these lines?:

Mind you, I give you a lot of credit for trying to keep the car as orginal as possible (from the outside), most chaps in your age would go for the "looks faster with this" modifications full start.

Does it actually run now?

Greetings, lip

Doesn't run, but Im pretty I know what's wrong with it now. Back when I had the car running somewhat, it was firing on 3 cyls. I'm going to have bit more spare time now, so I will propably be able to work on it more. I just need to get my friend to find his compression tester, test all the cyls for compression, then check the airflow meter and finally the distributor.

Also, in other news, I found someone else who is planning to supercharge his Sierra (also a 1986 iS :)), which Is what I'd really want to do with mine. I've been discussing it with him online, and I can pretty safely say that im not going to go for a turbo on this car :)

Also, I might be getting a Volvo 940 Turbo estate for free in about a year (visible in some of the pictures in this thread) Which would mean that I could dedicate the Sierra as just a project car, and ditch the pathetic attempts of keeping it a daily driver :)

EDIT: Also, the wing isn't stock, nor is the Cosworth grille, but they are original parts, and in my opinion tasteful modifications.

Last edited:
Bit of an update, bought an A/F ratio meter and I've fucked around with the wheels a bit more. Btw, does anyone know of a way to test if a spark plug is shot without the use of a car? (Don't say "buy a new one", because I need to know if a specific sparkplug is working..)

Bit of an update, bought an A/F ratio meter and I've fucked around with the wheels a bit more. Btw, does anyone know of a way to test if a spark plug is shot without the use of a car? (Don't say "buy a new one", because I need to know if a specific sparkplug is working..)

Why do you need too test it without using a car? Why not just using the regular metod of testing a sparkplug?

Haha! Nice, RWD classic barnyard find brothers! (same year too!)

How much did you get it for (and are you 18 too)?

Edit:Nevermind, just saw that you got it for 500 euros and is 18.

Last edited:
I've located the reason for the engine not working, the 2nd cylinder wasn't firing properly, now I just need to find out what was causing it..

Anyway, here are some pics to keep you posted:

Ride on your steelies with pride, no hubcaps here!

http://img406.imageshack.**/img406/2417/neuefotos001.jpg

A/F ratio gauge, IMO these sorts of gauges look the best :)

http://img260.imageshack.**/img260/9392/neuefotos003.jpg

Made a new gear knob aswell, I used an old metal pipe, some welding, filler, and flat black paint, it feels really nice :)

http://img268.imageshack.**/img268/1445/neuefotos008.jpg

:p:

http://img341.imageshack.**/img341/1610/kermaa001.jpg

Will report back once I can be bothered to fix it :)

I really like the shift knob, those rims look good also. I bet they'll keep you busy for a while :p

I really like the shift knob, those rims look good also. I bet they'll keep you busy for a while :p

I also like them, especially the 2-tone brown/black paint :)

Better hope it's not compression on #2 cylinder that isn't causing it to work right...

Better hope it's not compression on #2 cylinder that isn't causing it to work right...

siera parts are cheap he can just get a difrent engine if this one is shot whats special about his siera is the body because its a coupe

Yep, better hope it isn't the piston rings :| Doubt that's the problem though, since it wasn't smoking or burning oil at all when it was running. If it's the valves or the headgasket, I've got another complete cylinder head sitting on the shelf :)