Possibility that Ford Focus RS might be coming to the US!

Revo-knuckle suspension geometry and an automatic torque biasing limited-slip differential.. two things you appear to know nothing of.
Careful there WillDAQ, former factory-certified Audi technicians like myself aren't hip to this whole "technology" thing, and big words you're throwing around.

It IS a mechanic, I just happened to get my training paid for by Audi of America, with certifications attained in a few months that would normally take several years by people hired off the street. Made a career change anyways, but that's off topic. Then again, so is this whole post.

Tree hunnerd horses and wrong-wheel-drive? No thanks. And no, Ford won't be bringing over a car that can run with, and likely cannibalize Mustang sales. I will bet my life on it.

Show a little talent and use some restraint with your right foot. I've never seen a skilled driver complain about front wheel drive.

I doubt the RS will trump the Mustang. We have too much of a love-affair with that car to just cheat on it like that.

Show a little talent and use some restraint with your right foot. I've never seen a skilled driver complain about front wheel drive.

So, then, you advocate FWD to be used at Le Mans?

Oh, wait...

I don't care what another team does. If a racing team wants to use FWD, go ahead. Not that many can outside of touring cars.

My thing for FWD is that it teaches drivers much better and faster than RWD. Understeer is not fun, and it makes things seem like it's going slower. Oversteer is fun and it makes it seem like you're going fast. Therefore, understeer will tame excessive throttle techniques in young drivers much better than oversteer will. IMO, everyone who is not a professional racecar driver can benefit from taking some laps with an instructor in a FWD car.

No, it's not quite as fun as a RWD car, but if you're serious about driving you will drive a FWD car on the track at least once. Driven properly, a FWD car is plenty competent on a track.

My thing for FWD is that it teaches drivers much better and faster than RWD. Understeer is not fun, and it makes things seem like it's going slower. Oversteer is fun and it makes it seem like you're going fast. Therefore, understeer will tame excessive throttle techniques in young drivers much better than oversteer will. IMO, everyone who is not a professional racecar driver can benefit from taking some laps with an instructor in a FWD car.

No, it's not quite as fun as a RWD car, but if you're serious about driving you will drive a FWD car on the track at least once. Driven properly, a FWD car is plenty competent on a track.

Except it's less competent than a RWD car, and pretty much all top-level race drivers hate FWD.

Except it's less competent than a RWD car, and pretty much all top-level race drivers hate FWD.

I didn't say it was more competent, I said plenty competent. All you have to do is be easy on the throttle, not unlike, you know, a high-powered sports car.

Top level racecar drivers "hate" (they don't actually hate) FWD because they have nothing left to learn from them. I'm advocating FWD because I know how much it can teach you, not because I think it's mad tyte JDM drift yo.

Oh, wait...

Oh wait... it seems you don't watch any touring car racing. :rolleyes:

Most of them are FWD with around 300bhp.

Think Seat, Honda Civic, Chev, and Vauxhall. Pretty much the whole field is dominated by FWD cars.

Anyway, back to the topic.

If the Focus RS does go on sales in the states, I'll sell my GTi for the RS straight away. No hesitation.

Last edited:

This is probably nothing. A couple last generation Focus RS's were in the US for a few years, they were mostly owned by performance manufacturers and others involved in the development of the car. They had to either be exported after a couple years or crushed.

This is probably nothing. A couple last generation Focus RS's were in the US for a few years, they were mostly owned by performance manufacturers and others involved in the development of the car. They had to either be exported after a couple years or crushed.

Yeah rumors on the net are saying they are here for suspension development purposes and Tokico's Technical development center is right outside Detroit so that might be it... it would still be hella cool if we were to get it but i am not holding my breath

Well, Ford has been making some good decisions lately, maybe they'll make one with this. If I were in the market for a new car, this would be third on my list, but the first two are not realistically within my price range, making this top choice.

If it came to the US, one would be in my driveway.

I'm hoping Aussies will eventually get something similar.

I know I'd be in the market for a hot hatch once I graduate.

Yeah rumors on the net are saying they are here for suspension development purposes and Tokico's Technical development center is right outside Detroit so that might be it... it would still be hella cool if we were to get it but i am not holding my breath
Suspension development? What they are going to soften the springs - make it cheaper?

Any how I hope it goes over and I am sure it would be a success, it should not step on the toes of the Mustang - all American "Muscle" car as against Euro sophistication at affordable prices.

Suspension development? What they are going to soften the springs - make it cheaper?

Any how I hope it goes over and I am sure it would be a success, it should not step on the toes of the Mustang - all American "Muscle" car as against Euro sophistication at affordable prices.

Or maybe ditch the whole super-innovative RevoKnuckle suspension and just give it normal suspension to drop the price? :lol: