Possibility that Ford Focus RS might be coming to the US!

I doubt the current RS will be sold over here. The next generation might as it will be produced in North America.

Are you staying in America long enough?

Not really, but it's not gonna stop me from buying one. Even if I need to sell it at a loss in 1~2 year's time.

*wants one*

*checks bank account*

*realizes a Focus RS costs the equivalent of 70k ? in Mother Russia Norway*

*gets a sudden urge to jump over a cliff*

:cry:

Last edited:
Or maybe ditch the whole super-innovative RevoKnuckle suspension and just give it normal suspension to drop the price? :lol:

Imagine if they ditched the LSD and gave you a locked diff to save costs.

Ford said:
...because the owners will be parking by powersliding in reverse anyway.

I can definately see the point made before about wrong-wheel-drive teaching you to go faster, quicker. When learning a new track in a car sim i always set the car to understeer badly to learn the proper speeds of entry and lines, than i slowly bump in the oversteer as my speed picks up.

As much as I generally dislike FWD (first car was 98 Century would turn anyone off...) I read the reviews on this and it seems pretty good. Some trick diff and suspension work really help sort it out. For general fun on backroads and highways this would be perfect as it handles well and has enough power to surprise quite a few "fast" cars.

Gotta give it to Ford, they certainly have some products that attract me. If they brought this over I'd probably go sex the local Ford dealer.

I doubt the current RS will be sold over here. The next generation might as it will be produced in North America.

Hyundai said they were giving out ~100 Equus's to American dealers to see if there was enough interest to sell some here. It'd be cool if Ford could figure out how to do that with the Focus RS. If anything, it would show that there's some interest in these kind of performance models.

Hyundai said they were giving out ~100 Equus's to American dealers to see if there was enough interest to sell some here. It'd be cool if Ford could figure out how to do that with the Focus RS. If anything, it would show that there's some interest in these kind of performance models.

Perhaps, but I don't think Ford can justify the cost of certifying it and providing support. Wait for the Third Gen Focus.

As interesting as the RS is I think Ford will have a hard time competing with the Genesis coupe in this segment. Even if priced competitively most of the tuner/enthusiast crowd that would be interested in such a car would prefer RWD over FWD.

As interesting as the RS is I think Ford will have a hard time competing with the Genesis coupe in this segment. Even if priced competitively most of the tuner/enthusiast crowd that would be interested in such a car would prefer RWD over FWD.

The SRT4, Cobalt SS, and Mazdaspeed3 are all FWD and seem to be pretty well accepted in the "tuner crowd".

REPORT: Ford passes on bringing current Focus RS to America

In an interview with Jost Capito, head of Ford's global performance, it came out that ? yet again ? the picture of the Focus RS above is the closest Americans will get to the Blue Oval's hottest hatch. As quoted in UK's Autocar magazine, Capito's exact words are: "Sadly, no. We'd like to, but the base car isn't homologated for North America, and that's too costly a job to carry out just for a niche vehicle like the RS."

Note that this doesn't contradict what was said last time ? that the next-generation RS might come to the U.S. since the coming Focus is being developed as a global platform with North American federalization in mind. So let's put this one to bed so we can all get on with our lives and cease pining for the current Focus RS, shall we? We need to turn our attention now to pining for the next Focus RS...

UPDATE: Ford just wrote us to clarify that while the all-new Focus RS just introduced in Europe won't be for sale in the U.S., "Ford intends to bring some new RS' to the US (as we've already seen in the spy photos of the white car) to use as marketing assets for feedback from enthusiasts" and media.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/05/27/report-ford-wont-bring-current-focus-rs-stateside/

Condolences.

son of a fucking bitch....

Doesn't Canada get the RS? I'm pretty sure I've seen a few photos of them up there?

The RS isn't going to the US, so sorry.

I drove it at a press launch recently it's an awesome car. I asked some of the PR guys who handle the press side for Ford and they said the RS won't go on sale in the US.

Got some photo's of it for your viewing pleasure.

PICT0093.JPG

PICT0094.JPG

PICT0095.JPG

PICT0097.JPG

PICT0099.JPG

PICT0107.JPG
i

Last edited:
jesus it looks fucking great..... i really like the bule one...