• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Possible Enzo-fighter from the charging bull?

Dr. Woo

Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=107460#2

SANT'AGATA BOLOGNESE, Italy ? Lamborghini is readying a major expansion of its product range as the Italian supercar maker draws even closer to German parent Audi.

As early as next year, the Italians plan to introduce an all-new Miura, Lamborghini's answer to the Ferrari Enzo. It will be derived mechanically from the midengine Audi Le Mans. The Miura will be lower, wider and shorter than the donor car. It boasts an upgraded V12 engine. The displacement goes up to a massive 6.5 liters, and the power output increases to 700 horsepower.

The next all-new Lamborghini is code-named LM00X, a high-performance version of the future Audi Q5. The LM00X features a choice of two engines: a supercharged, 4.2-liter V8 good for 400 hp and a supercharged, 5.0-liter V10 rated at 500 hp. The LM00X will be introduced in 2008.

The third newcomer is a 2+2-seater coupe, a reincarnation of the Espada. The choice of engine options ranges from the Audi V8 to the Lamborghini Murcielago's V12. A midengine 2+2 could be production-ready by late 2007, but a front-engine version would likely not appear before 2009.

Lambo also is looking further into the future for the next-generation Murcielago, including a limited-edition supercar derivative powered by an all-new 6.0-liter V12 that would match the Bugatti Veyron's output of 1,000 hp.

What this means to you: With the help of Audi, Lamborghini plans to revive two classic nameplates from its past ? on modern chassis.

lambo.espada.500.jpg
lambo.lm00x.500.jpg
If the Miura is to be built, then it'd better be lightweight and RWD. The possible 1,000+ hp Murci?lago definitely WON'T be lightweight, so Lambo needs a proper ultra-performance road car.

Those are just concept Photoshops, obviously...and yeah, that's Espada and LM00X. They'd better not screw up the Miura, which is one of my favorite supercars of all time.

Dr. Woo said:
Those are just concept Photoshops, obviously...and yeah, that's Espada and LM00X. They'd better not screw up the Miura, which is one of my favorite supercars of all time.

Absolutely - and I'd have thought Miura was a better name for an F430 challenger (yes, I know they have the Gallardo already), not an Enzo fighter. But maybe that's just me...

Everything's fine with the idea of the Miura - but why are they developing a car that seems to be even worse than the Porsche Cayenne Turbo :?

fbc said:
Dr. Woo said:

Absolutely - and I'd have thought Miura was a better name for an F430 challenger (yes, I know they have the Gallardo already), not an Enzo fighter. But maybe that's just me...
Why? It was Lamborghini's top-of-the-line and the original MR supercar. It is Lamborghini's very image.

Miura was the name of the family from whom Spain's deadliest and greatest bulls came, including Islero (largely regarded as the most famous bull in bullfighting history), Urraco, and Jalpa. Plus, the name Ferrucio might not work for a car.

I have a feeling the reviving the Miura name is a big mistake.
The Miura was a legend because we all remember it as that] car from the 70's. It'll be like trying to release a new Michael Jackson album . . . 20 years after "Thriller." Oh wait. We've already seen what a disaster that is. (Even if the recording quality and sound engineering are superior, it doesn't have the appeal of the original.)

The Espada and LM-00X are both good ideas. Lambo seems to need a tamer 4-seater GT. The original Lambo SUV was an outrageous "thing." I think Lambo was very late in reintroducing a new SUV. I think they were the first to pioneer the supercar SUV concept.

Dr. Woo said:
fbc said:
Dr. Woo said:

Why? It was Lamborghini's top-of-the-line and the original MR supercar. It is Lamborghini's very image.

Miura was the name of the family from whom Spain's deadliest and greatest bulls came, including Islero (largely regarded as the most famous bull in bullfighting history), Urraco, and Jalpa. Plus, the name Ferrucio might not work for a car.

I suppose when I think Miura I think of a lightweight MR supercar. My concern is that when Lambo talk of an Enzo fighter I picture some kind of super-Murcielargo - which to my mind is too big for the Miura tag.

I agree with you about Miura being the ultimate Lambo - my worry is that a modern iteration would end up bloated and hence bastardise the badge.

Maybe I just don't have enough faith in VAG management... or maybe we should just let Miura R.I.P and remember it for what it was, rather than having to say "Oh yeah I adore the Miura... oh no, not the new one, the original" - that would suck.

PS: FWIW - I included Miura in my Top 10 cars for the FG Top 100.

fbc said:
I suppose when I think Miura I think of a lightweight MR supercar. My concern is that when Lambo talk of an Enzo fighter I picture some kind of super-Murcielargo - which to my mind is too big for the Miura tag.

I agree with you about Miura being the ultimate Lambo - my worry is that a modern iteration would end up bloated and hence bastardise the badge.

Maybe I just don't have enough faith in VAG management... or maybe we should just let Miura R.I.P and remember it for what it was, rather than having to say "Oh yeah I adore the Miura... oh no, not the new one, the original" - that would suck.

PS: FWIW - I included Miura in my Top 10 cars for the FG Top 100.
The article implies that there is already going to be an uber-Murci?lago, which would definitely be the bloated one. The Miura will have "only" 700 hp, and I have faith in Audi.

Remember that VW and Audi are separate entities...VW did what they wanted with the Veyron, and Audi has free reign over Lambo.

Dr. Woo said:
The article implies that there is already going to be an uber-Murci?lago, which would definitely be the bloated one. The Miura will have "only" 700 hp, and I have faith in Audi.

I wish I could be as confident (and you have faith in Audi?? I would never have guessed :p), but I'm extremely sceptical when manufacturers dredge up classic names from their past.

Remember that VW and Audi are separate entities...VW did what they wanted with the Veyron, and Audi has free reign over Lambo.

I didn't know that - it reassures me a little, but my scepticism remains.

Agree with Dr. Woo.
The Miura is one of the nicest, coolest cars ever made...Audi didn?t screwed up when making the Gallardo or the Murci?lago, so I hope they do it properly!

its too risky bringing up a name like muira in a modern car. if they screw it up, they taint the name

bartboy9891 said:
its too risky bringing up a name like muira in a modern car. if they screw it up, they taint the name

Precisely - and I'm sceptical about it not being screwed up.

that is so not italian.... bringing a name from the past to raise sales.... the miura is such a hard thing to live up to. itll have to be beautiful, incredibly fast, and become a classic...
lm00x is fine, as long as they make as rediculus as the original :)

Redliner said:
Agree with Dr. Woo.
The Miura is one of the nicest, coolest cars ever made...Audi didn?t screwed up when making the Gallardo or the Murci?lago, so I hope they do it properly!

I agree, its kool and all that they are bringing back the name, but they have to get it right the first time or else the name is tainted forever.

osabros said:
that is so not italian.... bringing a name from the past to raise sales.... the miura is such a hard thing to live up to. itll have to be beautiful, incredibly fast, and become a classic...
lm00x is fine, as long as they make as rediculus as the original :)
Remember that Ferrari named the Testarossa after the old Testa Rossa.