Possible new Host: Sabine Schmitz

Possible new Host: Sabine Schmitz

• Total voters
remeism said:
fareway said:
If she replaces Clarkson i'll stop watching :thumbsdown:

i like sabine but clarkson is not replaceable and everybody knows !
Of course - Clarkson is Top Gear. But some of the aforementioned situations would work. I rather don't think she will appear very often, though.

She can barely speak English. :roll:

Unfortunatly her accent is a bit too heavy. Damon Hill or one of the writers from TG magazine maybe?

It would have to be a person keen to detail like clarkson, that notices anything bad and points it out immediately. Ie the TVR's Hood from the most recent episode.

Sabine is a bitch. She is just annoying. Too arrogant, always yelling "GO GO GO GO!", "Get out of my way!" And that forced laugh at the end of every sentence.... :puke:

leave her at the Ring. lol

What about that funny guy that helped with the test of the 575 vs Vanquish, hes cool.

Steve Coogan I think. Funny bloke. ;)

They would never replace J.C. But Sabine is a better driver than any of them. J.C and Tiff are both in their 50's, sure they can powerslide a car,but what good driver can't ? They are good presenters on T.V. but their best years are behind them. As evidenced by Jeremy injuring himself by power-sliding cars on the show. I would like to see Sabine take on the Stig ,in fact, would'nt she be an awesome "Star in the reasonably priced car". I cant believe they did'nt take advantage of that opportunity!! :(

Jezza is only 45... dosent look it though

Chupacabras said:
Jezza is only 45... dosent look it though

Yeah, he looks 55. :D All those cigarettes messed up his facial skin.

I think she's a good replasement for Jeremy's driving parts... All he actually does in his reviews or films is just oversteer after oversteer after oversteer, and he's not even very good at it. Tiff is good with oversteer..

All the comments and views he makes will still be there.. And I'm sure Sabine is experienced enough to tell him about the handling and the chassis of the car. He can still be in a car, so he can feel the ride.

We just have to see, how they figure it out. :)

you guys take everything they say too seriously :p

JScullin said:
They should bring back that husky salesman guy from the first season! :bangin:

You are only new so I'll forgive that comment. People who say things like that are rarely seen ever again. haha

Just saw the episode, so now I know what you guys are talking about. :lol:

Anyway, while she may be good for like a non-annoymous Stig (to drive the car and give a handling opinion), I don't think she's good enough to give a proper review of a car, in English at least.

Jail80 said:
All he actually does in his reviews or films is just oversteer after oversteer after oversteer, and he's not even very good at it. Tiff is good with oversteer..

Well, I have to disagree strongly with you on that matter... I mean, when you watch the first season of the new format, you are right, but over the last 2 seasons, he really improved... The CLS drifting was quite good, I'd say...

Off course, Tiff is still the King of drifting in the right angle directly in front of the camera and looking easy doing it, but Jezza has improved...

Buba

Viper007Bond said:
Just saw the episode, so now I know what you guys are talking about. :lol:

Anyway, while she may be good for like a non-annoymous Stig (to drive the car and give a handling opinion), I don't think she's good enough to give a proper review of a car, in English at least.

Of course, she is in no way a journalist. For ze accent she could take lessons, but not for the big vocabulary and the attitude. Perhaps they find a way to let her do the driving and JC commts, or (after thinking about it) much more likely it was sort of a joke and she will appear at most 1 or 2 times in the next season. I think I'll ask her about that if I get the opportunity.

justin syder said:
What about that funny guy that helped with the test of the 575 vs Vanquish, hes cool.

Steve Coogan I think. Funny bloke. ;)

Coogan would be an awesome fill-in for Clarkson while he is out of action. Him, Jay Kay or even Simon Cowell would be fun to watch, and all are very good drivers.

Sabine left foot brakes, but Vicky drives heel/toe. But in a race, I think Sabine would win.

I hope she does join the show, because TG needs at least one presenter who can drive. The only time I've seen Hammond recover a big oversteer is when driving a Porsche. And it's already been proven that Sabine is a lot better behind the wheel than Jeremy.

D