Possible new Host: Sabine Schmitz

Possible new Host: Sabine Schmitz

• Total voters
i guess cos she's female, she draws comparisons to vbh. they both are above average looking, but nothing outstanding, but they both have personality, and that helps a lot :thumbsup: . sabine is very animated and thinks aloud a lot, while vicki uses the whole "cutsie" approach, with the facial expressions and giggles.

for my money i'd take sabine... just. BUT i still don't think she'd fit into the top gear format as a presenter :yucky:

I pretty much agree with roundhead. I don't think she fits the presenter role at all but I wouldn't mind seeing her doing more crazy car races. I loved that intense look on her face when driving and how she is yelling at everything. For me that's more entertaining than Vik doing her cute giggles and chirps.

gthree said:
I pretty much agree with roundhead. I don't think she fits the presenter role at all but I wouldn't mind seeing her doing more crazy car races. I loved that intense look on her face when driving and how she is yelling at everything. For me that's more entertaining than Vik doing her cute giggles and chirps.

^^x2. :lol:

I think Sabine is utterly fantastic - I want to be her when I grow up (although she's probably just about the same age as me...) What a brilliant, fearless, joyful role model for us ladies.

Buba said:
Jail80 said:
All he actually does in his reviews or films is just oversteer after oversteer after oversteer, and he's not even very good at it. Tiff is good with oversteer..

Well, I have to disagree strongly with you on that matter... I mean, when you watch the first season of the new format, you are right, but over the last 2 seasons, he really improved... The CLS drifting was quite good, I'd say...

Off course, Tiff is still the King of drifting in the right angle directly in front of the camera and looking easy doing it, but Jezza has improved...

Buba

That's true.

He's much better these days and getting better all the time.. and yes, Tiff's a long time racing driver. So there's really no comparison.

I just ment that he's only doing oversteers and acceleration.. no REAL driving, if you know what I mean. :)

To those of you who said that Jeremy isn't very special when he is driving the cars on the show and giving comments on it. And also you who say that it doesn't take much skill to do so. Let me just point out that as earlier decided here in the forum, top gear is an entertainment program which happens to be about cars. Few people are as entertaining as JC in my opinion.

Also, no sabine on top gear please! However, as someone mentiond, once every season driving a supercar would be nice. Or why not race the stig on Nordschlife, that would be something :woot:

I know who they should call to replace Clarkson:

Mrs. May! :D

That's right, James May's mum! :p

She is so much more aggressive driver, than her own son and she is British. :thumbsup:

She also seems to know something about cars:

Mrs. May driving the Honda Jazz: "I think it's slightly noisy in here. It's probably, because of these low Profile Tires."

James: " :shock: "

James May: "I Was a scared small boy in the back seat of a MK1 Cortina."

But, I don't think she is taller than Hammond... :thumbsup:

But hey! She is...a sweet old lady, who can make delicious cookies, drives a funky Spanish car, drives aggressively, knows about cars and you can even call me crazy: She is rather cute for a Middle 60's/70 year old lady. :mrgreen:

And now for something completly else:

Didn't Jay Leno step in for one of his articles? Now that would be a great replacement, and there isn't even that much difference in the looks...

Buba

Leno is too busy with his own show so that's out of the question. I can't imagine Sabine doing any of the talking like the news segment or the cool wall, just oversteer.

She would be quite attractive if she would just keep her arrogant mouth shut.

If Leno got the position, i'd stop watching....then slit my wrists.

Ximian said:
She would be quite attractive if she would just keep her arrogant mouth shut.

It's not arrogance if you can back it up, and she can. It's funny how Jeremy brags about how he's the greatest day in and day out and gets nothing but praise. But once Sabine says she's good (and proves it) people start saying she should keep her arrogant mouth shut.

D

Ximian said:
I can't imagine Sabine doing any of the talking like the news segment or the cool wall

She wouldn't do that kinda stuff anyway... At least as long Jezza isn't in a wheelchair :cry:

Buba

Sabine may not be the fastest driver out there, she's easily in the top 3% of all the drivers out there though. The thing that makes her special is the way she knows the ring better than any other driver out there.

She works as a "geust" but I don't think that she would make it as a presenter. Besides she's German, and the show is British, need I say more?

The show is british, yeah, but they test cars from different countries and they travel to different countries as well. So I don't think that should be a factor.

Firecat said:
If Leno got the position, i'd stop watching....then slit my wrists.

me too... that guy is terrible - not funny at all

Clarksson will never be replaced becuse he is one (or the) biggest name in the car testing industry.

But I think that we will se alot more of Sabine the next serie. This episode was a (what do you call it) CV or audition to see if she fits in TG.

Buba said:
And now for something completly else:

Didn't Jay Leno step in for one of his articles? Now that would be a great replacement, and there isn't even that much difference in the looks...

Buba

nope but in the latest issue of popular mechanics leno had an article where he talked about his experience with ford replacing this a-arm thing on his GT. it was a really well written, i'll try and scan it tonight