Just came home from MOT, luckily not as much work as I thought it would be and some of the stuff I already knew of
Front left and right brake hose (known)
Front right driveshaft-cuff (known)
Rear left and right camber-adjustment arm
Both front springs have barely chipped on the lower end and has wore a whole in the cup that holds the spring in place, will need to replace springs but he said that I should inspect the spring-cup myself and let him know if it wasnt as bad as it looked.
The camber-adjustment arms are surprisingly expensive at 193 EUR /piece so I might just switch over the ones I have on my 2.6 V6.
That was my plan, I started disassembly of the front struts last night and then discovered that they are different. Some changes have probably been made during the upgrade from 100 to A6. I found a few donor cars online so I'll do a round of calls today. I also found a reasonably priced brand new bonnet painted in the correct color, the owner had installed it just weeks before his engine was scrap, too bad it's 8 hours to drive from here
Ordered most parts I need yesterday:
Instead of buying 2 new springs I'll probably go for a lowering kit. They're about the same price as 2 new ones and will give the car a nicer look on the 17" summer tires I've bought
I've inspected and cleaned the air filter, it didnt look good :lol: Fortunately its a KN filter so it was quick and simple to clean.
Dont have any photo of after the cleaning, forgot that...
I've also inspected the turbo for play in the bearing and I'm happy to say it was as tight as it could be
Adrian visited me this weekend and he had brought valentines gifts for me! Four of these lovely rims with almost brand new summer tires
First impression was great, they are damage free but in need of some cleaning. The guy I bought them from told me they were ET 35 or close, but it was a bit difficult for him to read. When I checked it clearly said ET56
So I will either get some 25mm spacers, or put these up for sale again. Luckily I got them quite cheap at just over 400EUR. I reckon I would be able to sell them for 500EUR and find myself a set of rims that will fit without spacers
I ordered a set of spacers today. I've figured out those rims dont come in my ET unless they're bad replicas. I've also gotten some "new" front struts complete with brakes! Now I just need to get the new springs and install everything to get it MOT'ed and ready for action
Some updates towards the MOT-checkup.
I've replaced the rear camber-adjustment arms, quick and simple job. Unfortunately I didn't take too many photos of this job, took me about 20 minutes on each side.
Alot of play here, I could move the wheel up and down by hand when I had jacked it up
Had to cut the nuts of in the cone, the nut got stuck on the way out.
Now I just need to have another alignment check, it was impossible for me to get the same length as on the old ones and they might have been a bit off too.
In other news, spring is closing in fast, the snow has melted and its only below freezing temps during the night. Unfortunately I can't get my summer tires mounted until I have gotten it MOT'ed. Remaining job is replacing front struts and brake hoses, Will do this as soon as possible. Here's a photo of my awesome spacers for my summer rimz