Post a pic of yourself

I used the word "right" instead of the word "write" to portray the irony in pointing out someone else's bad spelling

Well that's exactly what you would say isn't it.:rolleyes:

:p

Yay for helmet day...

At a track day 2 years ago:

IMGA0551.JPG

Hah, so that's who your student was. How was she in the GT3?
Much, much better than you'd expect. She wasn't a car person, it was her first time on track ever, at TWS (a fast "gut check" track), and she was driving her dad's $100K Porsche with race seats, harnesses, and MPSC tires. There's a lot that you'd figure could go wrong with that setup.

But she was a natural. I showed her the line once and we never really had to talk about it again. Mostly I spent the weekend encouraging her to drive faster and look farther ahead. She was timid on the throttle, but she got a lot better over the two days. Very inquisitive, asked good questions, and I can tell she spent a lot of time in her head analyzing her driving between sessions. Mostly I just did my best Jackie Stewart impression "Power on! Power on! Full Power!" all Sunday. It was fun.

Some yellow student in an ASA stock car went out and caused trouble in green (bad judgement on his part and I don't know why they even let him out there -- maybe he was tuning something). He spun right in front of us at the transition off the main straight. we were both going about 120mph and had a front row seat for his screwup. It was dramatic but she didn't freak out at all and just wanted me to explain what he'd done wrong.

Last edited:
Does her dad want to adopt? :D

Who?!?

read up to Nugget's last post.

@ Blind - in that third one you REALLY look like a guy I used to work with. Your father isn't a Greek "property developer" by any chance?

Last edited:
My dad was an Army Colonel and a surgeon.

Some one said something about helmet pictures? :p

care.jpg

My lack of a helmet photo to contribute due to my lack of a helmet makes me feel like less of a genuine petrolhead than I've ever felt being on FG.

Screw you helmet-wearing, track-day-going, fixer-upper-buying, spending-your-weekends-under-the-hood-in-a-shed types. I know I'm a petrolhead and that's all I need to consider myself one.

Kidding of course, but sometimes I do feel like a faux petrolhead due to being into none of the above. :mrgreen:

Well Shawn, you and I can make do with our ice cream containers. Or I can lend you a horse riding helmet....

:D