Post a pic of yourself

They were louder than all the balls combined. Sadly due to squatting they don't really feature in the Google Maps image from that day.

Last week we had -10°C, today +14°C so I went to a friend of mine and we had BBQ. Afterwards he asked if I wanted to help with cutting down a hedge with a (small electric) chainsaw. Why not, so we set off for the task. I don't have "before" pictures, the first picture is from about an hour into the work, all in all we worked for about 1 1/2 hours. Sneaky friend snapped a picture without me noticing it...

Chainsaw massacre 1.jpgChainsaw massacre 2.jpgChainsaw massacre 3.jpg

Autoportret mala.jpg

Just took this. It's the creepiest photo I ever took of myself, possibly the creepiest photo I have of myself, period, but I somehow ended up liking it. I was taking 'self-portraits' (basically just selfies with a DSLR on a tripod), and I went closer to the camera to adjust the focus... And I found that I got an interesting angle of my face. I did end up Photoshopping it a lot, mostly to make it look less creepy and to hide, err, imperfections of my face.

It's a good portrait.

From the last trackday. It was a little chilly.
PXL_20210417_171910357.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:
In February, we had to have one of our trees taken down because it was leaning over our house. We hated the idea of the whole 45' (approx 13.5 washing machines) tall tree going to waste in the wood chipper, but couldn't find anyone who could come and mill the logs into useable slabs for us. So we decided to throw caution to the wind, and mill it ourselves, even though we've never done anything like this. I've never used a chainsaw outside of my battery-powered pole saw. I don't count being single-digits-years-old and holding on to a 14" bar saw while my grandpa cut with it.

We rented a 36" chainsaw, bought an Alaskan-style chainsaw mill, and (through a lot of learning, and a couple expensive mistakes) milled up approx 500 boardfeet of American Elm, the longest logs being just over 9ft long, about 28" wide, all of it milled to 2.25" thick. It's stacked, covered, ends sealed, strapped tight, and waiting for me to hopefully make something out of it in 2-ish years, ideally a large headboard with 2 of the wider slabs.

With the current costs of lumber, I'm thinking I might need to hire some armed security guards to keep an eye on it soon.

Once all of the cutting/sealing was done, before we put the corrugated steel cover on it, we took a few photos before i returned the rental saw.

The "OK, let's start with a normal one" pose:
1619247679711.png

The "I could do this all day" pose:
(No, I'm not actually leaning on the saw...it's balancing on it's tip, and my arm is applying no weight to it. ;) )
1619247751446.png

The "ok, now a silly one/triumphant" pose:
1619247631212.png

Last edited:
Needs a Band Aid after vaccination?

Man the hell up!

Needs a Band Aid after vaccination?

Man the hell up!

You laugh, but mine bled a little after I took my band aid off and I didn't notice. I was working on something and threw a towel over my shoulder, it picked up the dot of blood, and when I went to wipe sanding sawdust off of the wood thing I was making, i got a dark streak down the side. Ended up having to buy stain to to make the whole think black to hide the blood. ha!

RkKeTWA.jpg

Might as well post this here too, a little update on this from about a year ago when I last posted about this. Even with everything going on in the world I've been keeping at it. The comparison is from January. Originally meant it just for myself as a reminder.
dBXaGc2.jpg