Post-Hammond Crash question

Vltros

Car(s)
2011 Honda CR-Z 1977 Ford Fiesta MK1
I don't know if it has been discussed before I tried searching it but there were far too many posts to find), but I wondered if any of the challenges in season 9 were recored after Hammonds recovery.

What made me think about it was the "Stretched Limos Challenge", because the Brit Awards were many weeks after Hammond's crash and recovery, and they went there with the limos.

If that was the case, I give a big :bow: to him to get back to work so fast after the crash.

Limo's were definately afterwards. Rocket, USA and Tractors would have been before, Not sure about petrol and roadworks though.

roadworks if you ask me ... it was in the summer, the trees had leaves ... and hammond crashed in septembre therefor he cloud only have filmed only by december or november at least.

roadworks if you ask me ... it was in the summer, the trees had leaves ... and hammond crashed in septembre therefor he cloud only have filmed only by december or november at least.

Brit Awards ceremony was in February. The limos at the track was done in January. The roadworks were done the week before the accident; the date was written on one of the road signs.

You can tell the before/after clips. Hammond looks perky, with a full face in the before recordings. He looks battered, his face not as full and wrinkled in the after.

You can tell the before/after clips. Hammond looks perky, with a full face in the before recordings. He looks battered, his face not as full and wrinkled in the after.

Was about to say that myself. His eyes are always watery in the after clips too. I think the accident affected him more than most people think.

Was about to say that myself. His eyes are always watery in the after clips too. I think the accident affected him more than most people think.

Thank you! Ever since the crash I've noticed those watery eyes, but always thought it was just me imagining it (since I knew about the crash). Of course such an accident will change anyone's life, but why would one of the changes be watery eyes? Instead of coming across as the short, angry guy, he seems now to be the short, sensitive guy. I'm not saying this is worse (the angriness was a bit annoying sometimes), but it's definately different.

I reckon though that he's going to look a lot better this series as he's had the chance to rest up and at the end of S9, we had the old Hammond creeping back into the show which was great :)

He's lost the "boyish" looks since the crash- which isn't necessarily a bad thing. :rolleyes:

^ You girls would still love him no matter what he looked like!

^ You girls would still love him no matter what he looked like!
To be quite frank with you: I've never seen anything in him apart from being a funny chap on telly before the crash.
All I'm saying is that he looks nicer now. :p

yeah he doesn't look the same after the crash .

Last edited:
He seems fine now. In early episodes you could see he was still recovering really, but once he got back into the swing of things, I can't see any difference.

I definitely agree with those of you who say Hammond is changed. He doesn't seem nearly as...I suppose the word would be lively? His jokes (if he makes any) are very subdued and he seems almost shy

I definitely agree with those of you who say Hammond is changed. He doesn't seem nearly as...I suppose the word would be lively? His jokes (if he makes any) are very subdued and he seems almost shy

Well... after the accident and the recovery I guess it took quite a lot of time for him to get back to work and to be at his 100%.

I guess the next season he will be back to normal because he probably has had time to rest.

Well... after the accident and the recovery I guess it took quite a lot of time for him to get back to work and to be at his 100%.

I guess the next season he will be back to normal because he probably has had time to rest.

Or it could be a permanent side effect from the accident :(

One thing I do have to say, he does seem more back to normal within the winter special

One thing I do have to say, he does seem more back to normal within the winter special

With the things he says yes, with the way he says them no. There's no...pzzazz. Yeah, that''s a word