Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

bone

"bangle for president"
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
i graduated as graduate bachelor in informatics (programming as they say) and although i hardly attended 1/4th of the lessons in college, i never had to double a year, pretty proud about that myself to be honest 8) (passing rates were around 50%)

but once i was finished school, i couldn't stand programming anymore, and am now driving around in a car, from home to home, installing adsl and voip telephones, but in the near future that'll change to installing alarm installations

i guess i should get some evening classes or sth...

monkeymax

Car(s)
Toyota MR2 Mk1, Toyota MR2 Mk1 SC, Peugeot 309
Some amazing answers! Helps to explain the maturity of the regulars here.

For me, a few small things, but one thing in particular, there was one mate who managed to hit a real low during Uni, who was close to failing. Helped him work through it, and the two of us graduated June 2005. I am proud of him, and keep in touch with him whenever I can now. He's now in a good job and seems quite happy with life.

Myself, I had trouble getting employment, but then stumbled on an Aerospace production job (I'm an Aerospace Engineer) about 7 months ago. That job is actually why I've never been on here. I averaged 70 hour weeks, and 12 hours of commuting each week. It was really hard work, but really really worth it. I changed a few procedures there (I was a contractor, so had no problems raising my voice and getting things done at times! :twisted: ) and was pretty instrumental in taking them out of their large deficit in the 6 months I was there. Close to the end they offered me a well paid management job. (I'd ended up doing some managing stuff at that company...)

Unfortunately (for them, fortunate for me) I'd already accepted a position at the Uni I'm now at (Cranfield Uni in England) for a PhD in Aerospace (CFD). Only a few weeks into it, but wondering already if I made the right choice, but then I think that I'm not sure I want to move to management just yet...

So yeah, I guess that's my achievements so far. Oh, and I've already got one of my dream cars, a Mk1 MR2. :)

Car(s)
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI (USDM)
:shock: Aerospace Engineer, wow that's impressive.
My cousin is an aerospace engineer too, I think he did work for Boing and Fokker.

ViperGTS-R

Car(s)
E36 BMW 318is
Never noticed this thread before...

Well 3 weeks ago i got a new job working for the largest ISP here in Greece called OTENET which curently holds 53% of the market share here. I work in level 2 technical support which includes costumer support (mostly large companies and goverment infastructure) plus technical support for the company's own networks.The hours are a bit long but at least the money is ok so....
The problem is that our department works 24/7, 365 days a year which means we don't get a lot of days off and have to work 2 weekends a month which is not very good because I am also i working on getting my computer engineering degree from my university and it's going to take a little bit more time than i expected but what can you do...

Anyway that's all from me :wave:

THGL

Car(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ) Limited
There's my degrees (AA, BA), my job, my house, etc. but mainly I'm proud of these:

Thomas Jr., Emily, and Claire
The girls can be stressful at times, but for the most part they are excellent, well behaved children. :thumbsup:

SiR_dude

Car(s)
2000 Civic SiR
TechZ said:
Doing my MBA now, started working at a Bank in June, bought a Civic, my first car too. Guess thats about it.
Shoulda bought mine, I would have given you a good deal :p

Oh wait, you're across the big pond...nevermind.

Me - I bought a house, just got married, and am working full time. Nothing special.

Adunaphel

KLAUWD
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
'18 Clio; '13 Cube Hyde
After me, my girlfriend got a long-term job-contract so we can finally go and try to have a baby :D

IVIaster

Not a dude.
Car(s)
2000 Volvo V70
After me, my girlfriend got a long-term job-contract so we can finally go and try to have a baby :D
She gets a long term contract and the first thing she does is go on maturnity leave? Have some work ethic. ;)

Shawn

Lexus? Oh shi-
Car(s)
MkVI GTI w/DSG
I have achieved nothing in my life... sweet salvation when will you come?

Buba

Wants Rick Astley's Babies
Car(s)
BMW M235i
Hmm, biggest thing... Dunno. So far I'd say the "physikum" a couple of weeks ago. I had to redo anatomy because the dude who did my exam half a year ago totally fucked me... (telling stuff that wouldn't be in the exam but actually was...)
Now I'm "cand. med. dent. Buba" Well, actually my real name ;-) University is way more fun now... And lots of work. Last week was a rather intense 60 hour week with a couple of hours even on Saturday, this and next are better.
I even got to do the first dental medicine things on a real person (my GF and a colleouge) but it was only checking out the situation in the mouth...

Roman

Resident Skydiver
Car(s)
Boring '02 Accent.
I went back to the track on the last test n' tune day and the season is now over BUT ...

I met my goal set this spring on my very last run Sunday:

Now part of the 13 second club. 8)

Yes, in a pt cruiser ! ;)

MXM

I paid for this title
I think reaction time is subtracted already, Andy.

Where's the speed at the finish line?