Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

The school's secretary emailed me today and confirmed that everything seems to be in order; I'm graduating on June 3rd. It feels unreal.

tis June 3rd! Congrats!

/also, I'm totally not stalking you........no really, I'm not, I promise. I just wandered into this thread and saw that....yes, that's exactly what happened..

..............................:p :lol:

Hehe :) I just came home from the occasion, I now hold a designer degree from the Kymenlaakso University of Appalling Applied Sciences.

Congratulations!

And I passed the first exam of the year, yay!

On Monday I'm starting my first serious after-college job! I'm both excited and terrified.

Actually, I'm not really that excited - I don't plan to work there for more than 1-2 years...I want to go back to grad school, get my Ph.D. and become a communication professor.

Hoh-lee crap.

Husband's job is sending him to Where I Can't Follow (WICF) for 6-12 months. I need to keep myself busy while he's there, of course, so I'm going to work on things that'll get me where I wish I was now. To that end, I have:

1. Registered my fledgling non-profit with the state, meaning we are now an Official Business Entity and can start, like, doing stuff!

2. Enrolled in school. Full time. I'll be taking 18 credits in the fall, including seven credits' worth of honors courses (English and Geology). I haven't seen the inside of a classroom in, what, 12 years? I think I may have overdone it. =0|

Just finished my MCAT. Finally fucking done, was worth the last like 5 months I've been studying my nuts off. Now just time to write my entrance essay, and wrangle some of my recommendation letter writers to get cracking. Then sit back and wait for the secondaries to come in if I'm lucky. The grueling interviews in the fall and after all that I MIGHT get into a school. FML plan.

Last Monday, I finally applied to the local community college. Right now, I'm looking at an A.A.S. in Graphic Design, but it's not set in stone.

And this Saturday, I will have officially graduated from high school. :) (And good riddance!)

Pulling that GPA up, made the Presidents List last quarter. Now studying for the GMAT and back to class on Monday for summer quarter. Argh.

I got second place in a local art contest thing, so that's pretty cool.

Starting a new job as a Project Engineer for a major O&G company here in Perth tomorrow. Hopefully not too much stress.

Well I got (one of) my Degree's (Industrial Design) in April, and decided to do the other one (Mech Eng) part time. So I now have a new job: (no more playing cars...after 7 years :( )

I'm working for a company called Geoscience, basically (in very simple terms) is they design and build their own survey probes and do sample bore logging for the mining industry here. Its basically Uranium exploration, with nuclear (and some non) tip'd tools.

I'm starting out as a logger (which they suggest to do for at least 18 months) before I'm allowed to do what I'm trained in. Which is fair enough! Its scary complicated.

I'm currently through all these radiation safety courses and will have to get things like a radiation licence....

I've got a 2:1 classification for my degree. It is what I wanted really. I could have got a 1st but I've never really put enough effort in. I find out my specific results on the 10th July and graduate on the 21st.

Just got my International Baccalaureate results, and they are such that I am going to Trinity College, Cambridge. Very happy. :)

I woke up this morning, what the hell more do you expect from me?

:p

Just got my International Baccalaureate results, and they are such that I am going to Trinity College, Cambridge. Very happy. :)

Holy crap. Congrats!

So I did make it onto my fire department (1 of 4 all volunteer fire departments in southern california) and a big step closer to becoming a career firefighter. In addition, I was promoted at work today to Lifeguard Manager. I will now oversee the entire department of approx. 60 people.

Still waiting to hear back from the 911 ambulance company I interviewed with. They are still on a hiring freeze :(

Pulled all As last semester, including one from the dickhead professor who was giving me a hard time about turning in my paper all at once instead of bit-by-bit.

This was the same professor who didn't give us any assignment criteria in the syllabus.