Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

Reaction time has no impact on the time it takes to go from start to finish line (most people believe otherwise). Reaction time is really important in bracket racing: obviously, first one across the finish line wins.

As it was a test n' tune day, I was going against the clock (there was no one in the other lane) and I was focusing a lot on proper revs to launch hard, I didn't pay attention to the green light.

So it is 13,91 seconds to cover the 1320' distance and the speed at the end is 100.22mph. Launch was really good at 1.941 second for the first 60' but can still be improved. 8)

Yesterday I entered my second students-club. Off course I had to be baptised, which kind of sucked (drinking and eating bad stuff, dressed in women's clothes...), but, no pain, no gain :).
Now I can drink cheap beer during the week in Ghent, AND during the weekend and the holidays here in Poperinge. Whee!

My achievement is to enter the top secondary school in singapore, Raffles Institution. A scout with no badges or rank. nothing else. :thumbsup:

College-degree in social sciences (a joke, really)
Bachelor's degree in law form the University of Ottawa (tough)
Job in a law firm as a legal-assistant

I?m now studying in Germany for my 5 and 6 semester .I?m also a French Assistant professor in a German High school . So far enjoying myself here apart perhaps for the crappy weather.

Hit my 5 year anniversary at my job. Kinda sad that I worked there for 5 years already, but I get a big bonus in March, so score.

Hit my 5 year anniversary at my job. Kinda sad that I worked there for 5 years already, but I get a big bonus in March, so score.

Congrats. :cheers:

My wife and I just celebrated our 6 year anniversary. It makes it easy for me to remember since we were married in 2000. Otherwise, I'd be racking my brain every year trying to remember how long it's been. We've actually been together for almost 10, since my junior year in high school.

Finished Military Service as an Infantry Squad Leader. Starting a job as an instructor at an infantry regiment before moving on to infantryofficers school.

After 19 months, over 15 applications (can't remember), dealing with fucking idiots on the phones because their BlackBerry is their life (they need a life), I finally got promoted.

I am still on the phones but I will be doing BlackBerry Enterprise Server support instead. So I'll be talking to admins which will try to prove me wrong :). I can probably get out after 6 months to something better hopefully. A few of you know how I felt before.

Talking to customers sucks. I don't know why they think we give a shit about them. lol

Congrats on the promotion.

Thank you. I really can't wait to get out of the end user support over the phone. The North American public is way too demanding.

^Congrats Mischief on the promotion, I know how you felt over the times when you didn't get promoted.

Great news Mischief - good to hear you're moving away from an environment that affected you so badly.

I am a dynamic figure, often seen scaling walls and crushing ice. I have been known to remodel train stations on my lunch breaks, making them more efficient in the area of heat retention. I translate ethnic slurs for Cuban refugees, I write award-winning operas, I manage time efficiently. Occasionally, I tread water for three days in a row.
I woo women with my sensuous and godlike trombone playing, I can pilot bicycles up severe inclines with unflagging speed, and I cook Thirty Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco, a veteran in love, and an outlaw in Peru.
Using only a hoe and a large glass of water, I once single-handedly defended a small village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants. I play bluegrass cello, I was scouted by the Mets. I am the subject of numerous documentaries. When I'm bored, I build large suspension bridges in my yard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Wednesdays, after school, I repair electrical appliances free of charge.
I am an abstract artist, a concrete analyst, and a ruthless bookie. Critics worldwide swoon over my original line of corduroy evening wear. I don't perspire. I am a private citizen, yet I receive fan mail. I have been caller number nine and won the weekend passes. Last summer I toured New Jersey with a traveling centrifugal-force demonstration. I bat .400. My deft floral arrangements have earned me fame in international botany circles. Children trust me.
I can hurl tennis rackets at small moving objects with deadly accuracy. I once read Paradise Lost, Moby Dick, and David Copperfield in one day and still had time to refurbish an entire dining room that evening. I know the exact location of every food item in the supermarket. I have performed covert operations for the CIA. I sleep once a week; when I do sleep, I sleep in a chair. While on vacation in Canada, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. The laws of physics do not apply to me.
I balance, I weave, I dodge, I frolic, and my bills are all paid. On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. Years ago I discovered the meaning of life but forgot to write it down. I have made extraordinary four-course meals using only a Mouli and a toaster oven. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in San Juan, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin. I have played Hamlet, I have performed open-heart surgery, and I have spoken with Elvis.
But I have not yet gone to college.

I believe the correct word, is "Pwned".

After 19 months, over 15 applications (can't remember), dealing with fucking idiots on the phones because their BlackBerry is their life (they need a life), I finally got promoted.

I am still on the phones but I will be doing BlackBerry Enterprise Server support instead. So I'll be talking to admins which will try to prove me wrong :). I can probably get out after 6 months to something better hopefully. A few of you know how I felt before.

Woooot, congrats Mischief :thumbsup:

Gratz man!

And doing tech support for too long sooooo sucks..... i've been doing it for almost a year now (2.5 month hiatus lugging hardware around, which is even worse than support), hoping that in a few months i get some better job as admin or sth.

What's the story behind your employment with RIM Mischief?

What's the story behind your employment with RIM Mischief?

Been fucked over until yesterday. Well still being stuck on the phones. I made a thread last year which I put some very very dark thoughts I've been having. It had to do with everything and the job just topped it all off.