Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

Just finished up my last period of class for undergrad. Finals this weekend and early next week then I'm done :D

No full time work yet though. Did get a freelance project working on some SEC filings for a few weeks though, so at least that's a pay check and a reference.

Just got a job at Deloitte as an auditor!

Congrats!!!! I work (well, start next year techincally) as an auditor (trainee) at one of the Big 4's too!!!!

Wheee Big 3 accounting FTW! I have friends at Deloitte, KPMG, and Ernst and Young. The one who works at D&T calls it Toliet and Douche, but congratulations all around.

It's big 4, you forgot PWC :p

Anyway, on another note, going to boast here too about my uni results :p

All 4 subjects, got a HD (High Distinction, highest "grade" you can get at my uni. Basically 85% overall in the course or better). In my accounting, e-business and macro-economics courses, I got 90 or over. In my statistics course (which was pretty hard), I got over 85, which I'm stoked with. Still getting lower grades in exams than in other assingments (would have been very high 90's if I'd matched all my earlier grandes in the exams), but still, not compaining!!! :D

All 4 subjects, got a HD (High Distinction, highest "grade" you can get at my uni. Basically 85% overall in the course or better).

And you were shitting yourself over this. *sigh* Overachievers :p

Congrats!!!! I work (well, start next year techincally) as an auditor (trainee) at one of the Big 4's too!!!!

It's big 4, you forgot PWC :p

Anyway, on another note, going to boast here too about my uni results :p

All 4 subjects, got a HD (High Distinction, highest "grade" you can get at my uni. Basically 85% overall in the course or better). In my accounting, e-business and macro-economics courses, I got 90 or over. In my statistics course (which was pretty hard), I got over 85, which I'm stoked with. Still getting lower grades in exams than in other assingments (would have been very high 90's if I'd matched all my earlier grandes in the exams), but still, not compaining!!! :D

Congrats! Which of the Big 4 do you work at? And you're working there at age 19?? Well you're certainly ahead of the curve!

:thumbsup: You're definitely better than your sister. Don't let them get you down!

Thankyou! She actually gets her end of year 12 (HSC) exam results back on Wednesday, so that will be a good comparison I'm thinking. Annoying thing is that she doesn't have to rely on exam marks to get into university (she's doing a vocational course that guarantees automatic acceptance into her course), so most people aren't going to care if she goes badly. But still, the comparison over Christmas dinners may give her a well-needed wake-up call (she isn't hugely intelligent, but she could get some really good marks if she pulled her head out and did some work).

And you were shitting yourself over this. *sigh* Overachievers :p

Overachiever-ness has been bred into me by my high school, blame them!!!!! :p

Congrats! Which of the Big 4 do you work at? And you're working there at age 19?? Well you're certainly ahead of the curve!

Heh, most definitely!! Brilliant for me though, the exerience is worth it's weight in gold or my CA!

(and not going to mention which one I work at on the public forums, as people could probably pinpoint exactly where I work then.)

Boo big 4 accountants.

Well, boo employed accountants.

/jealousy

That sucks, are there many firms in your area? There are plenty of major firms in my area and most of them have very active recruiting schemes (as they often have people leaving the firm to go to other firms overseas/interstate), so you do have a pretty good chance of getting a position at a firm once you graduate. Geting a big 4 is a lot harder though, and given another major firm in this area collapsed recently, it may become harder as time goes along.

The big 4 closed a lot of operations up here recently in consolidation efforts. This led to a downwards effect on the market - medium and small firms and private companies receiving a huge influx (have heard 50-200 people) of CPA licensed and fairly experienced individuals applying for traditionally entry level openings. Even the largest firm in the area, larger than the big 4, hired only 2 interns for the region. Only got 1 interview out of 15+ applications with audit firms and blew it big time. Oh well, just gotta move on. Working with a few gov't recruiters and sending out applications everywhere. Going to do some networking over the next few weeks with some connections I can pull in addition to a 5 week project I should be picking up on a SEC filing for a local company.

I wish a lot of you lived closer to Columbus Ohio. My company, Boehringer-Ingelheim is always hiring. Good pay, great benefits, as long as you pass the numerous drug tests.

I'm working my ass off with over 70+hours per week case we're so short staffed in some areas. Yeah, we'll work you like a dog at first, but between the pay, the raises, the 401k, medical, dental, vision, and even coverage for your pets, overtime and such....it's not so bad to start out at. :)

It's a german pharmaceutical/chemical company, which I guess requires some skills to be hired by them.

It's official: my last grade came in and I have everything done to graduate! Squeeeeeee!

Is anyone hiring film/poli sci peons? Preferably in central Texas? Houston, even? Even Ye Humide Armpit of the Universe is an improvement over living with my parents.

Despite my best efforts, I have managed to not die for 30 years.

Despite my best efforts, I have managed to not die for 30 years.

Congrats with that. Good luck with the next 30 years of not dying. I've heard the second time is easy, the third one is what does most people in.

:dance:

:dance: After a week of frantic typing I've completed the paper part of my master's thesis :dance: pending the final proof reading iteration with my sister in the morning it'll go to print tomorrow :dance:

:dance: off to watch some old TG in bed :dance:

Did I mention :dance:?

Last edited: