Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

JakeRadden

Car(s)
2014 Mustang, 2015 Edge, 2015 Sonata
Got myself an internship working with a Chicago area entrepreneur helping him develop his new ventures. 1 year internship. I'm pretty excited

rowd22

Car(s)
'83 Alfasud, '77 GTV
Graduated from 4.5 years of full-time University and landed a job within two weeks of doing so. Now working as a Product Development Engineer at a global automotive accessories company. Best part is, it's a 2 minute drive to work! :D

laxmax613

Car(s)
Merkavim Mars
Got me a 5 on the AP American History Exam. For those who don't know, it's the highest grade. 740s on SAT2 History and Hebrew too. I just hope those could translate in to a 740i for my driveway....

LP

Your Brown Banana for Scale
Car(s)
206 HP N/A washing machine
Graduated from 4.5 years of full-time University and landed a job within two weeks of doing so. Now working as a Product Development Engineer at a global automotive accessories company. Best part is, it's a 2 minute drive to work! :D

GRATS!

Got me a 5 on the AP American History Exam. For those who don't know, it's the highest grade. 740s on SAT2 History and Hebrew too. I just hope those could translate in to a 740i for my driveway....

WOO! \o/

mgkdk

Aced mod training!
Car(s)
VW UP! Renault Clio
No.

There are settings to make your own fuel blends tho D:

Diesel + V Power 99 = :hmm:

I know someone who did that, in the tank of a fire engine, on the day of the annual 'fire party', he said he did it so people would have something to talk about :lol:

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
I got a raise yesterday. That was the first time I had ever tried for one and the guy I talked to about it isn't really known for his kind demeanour and abundant understanding.

In retrospect, I've learned a lot from that under pretty good circumstances and my strategy has worked rather better than expected. Phew!

JakeRadden

Car(s)
2014 Mustang, 2015 Edge, 2015 Sonata
That sounds dead cool. Congratulations!

Thanks! After applying to 5 jobs a day for almost 4 months and hearing almost nothing (4 total replies) It's pretty nice to get something that I can actually enjoy doing.

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR #XJR, #Saab #9-3 #9-5

Maybe a Volvo 740 :p. Nice job!

ninjacoco

puffalump? inquire here!
DONOR
Car(s)
'10 Lulzcer GTS, '84 Porschelump 944, '71 VW 411
So, over a year since I started filming...

...I finally have all of my footage for the LeMons movie uploaded!

I found a few tapes that I hadn't gotten to yet in the box with my project in it, remembered "oh yeah, I ran out of time with this at the end of school," got back into Baylor's editing lab for a day and finished it up.

Now I just need somewhere to work with said footage, but hey, it's a start to have it all off of tapes and on a hard drive! :) Yessss!!!

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
DONOR
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
Congratulations everyone. Well done. :d

jasoos

Car(s)
Flip flops
Finished all my required deliveries for my Obstetrics rotation!

Also, life is a very messy affair, starting from birth.

WellsieTRD

Car(s)
89 Hilux Surf 2 Door
Have now completed my Toyota Hybrid training. Im now a certified hybrid tech. Also did a 2 day course on the Toyota way and Kaizan.

rowd22

Car(s)
'83 Alfasud, '77 GTV
Have now completed my Toyota Hybrid training. Im now a certified hybrid tech. Also did a 2 day course on the Toyota way and Kaizan.

Sweet as! So you can fix/modify hybrids now?

I'd imagine there'd be a ton of electronics behind those.

WellsieTRD

Car(s)
89 Hilux Surf 2 Door
The course I did wa the 2nd of 2 stages of training. The first part was basicly a you-can-service-hybrids-but-don't-touch-the-orange-cables course. The one I just finished was diagnostics and repair of the hybrid system. The battery, converter-inverter and electric motor/planetry gearset part is quite simple, but its the ecu and multiplex comunication network that takes time to figure out.

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
me, several months ago: "You know you've made it when someone else is paying you to be travelling on a plane."

someone else speaking to me last Thursday: "Welcome to your flight courier training session." I guess it pays to refuse to give up.

long version: I have long since wanted to work in aviation, in some way. Having sent in my application for pilot training with LH at possibly the worst point in recent aviation history, I got rejected. In retrospect, I think it would have been much more boring than my starry-eyed younger self used to think. Fast forward several years and I was back applying for two rather mundane full-time entry-level jobs. No luck with that either - probably for the better, too.
After that, I noticed an LH subsidiary's call for applications for flight couriers, a part-time job that can be combined with studying. Thinking to myself "can't lose anything if I try" I sent in my application and heard nothing for months. Then I got a call asking me whether I was still interested - I was indeed - and if I could come round in the near future for a first interview. Sure, let's make that next week. I jumped through all the remaining hoops and voil?, they are willing to entrust me with nothing less than transports of life-saving medical goods. If I don't mess up the trial run, that is.