Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

Woohoo!

Does this render all the previous TeX shenanigans moot as they require a different layout? (And provide a class/packages for that)

Does this render all the previous TeX shenanigans moot as they require a different layout? (And provide a class/packages for that)
No, it does not. It's the same publisher I have been preparing the TeX files for - I only had the signed contract in the mail on Saturday and thus did not want to make it public earlier.

I am now officially licensed in my profession.

Zombie Assassin?

I took another look at the credit/grade administration site of my university and, rather unexpectedly, found that a class from last semester had been graded. That class required me to write my first term paper (long story) and, naturally, I wasn't exactly sure or experienced. But my grade for the entire class is a 1.3, just 0.3 off "perfect"! :dance:

I started my new job in a finance development program on Monday! Better yet we got out early yesterday and started late today due to snow.

Congrats! :cheers: And lucky you. My work never adjusts for anything, so I was trekking out to the airport area with my car thermometer getting deeper into the negatives.

New job, starting in two months time. The contract should be on its way via snail mail - I have received a PDF version already. All I have to do is sign the papers and give notice at my current employer. Feels good. :)

I started my new job in a finance development program on Monday! Better yet we got out early yesterday and started late today due to snow.

Finance Dev? That could be either awesome or terrible.

Congrats! :cheers: And lucky you. My work never adjusts for anything, so I was trekking out to the airport area with my car thermometer getting deeper into the negatives.
Thanks! Apparently everyone in my office is afraid of the snow and wanted off after closing the books last week.

Finance Dev? That could be either awesome or terrible.
The people in the program from last year seem to like it, I don't have any accesses yet so it's too early to tell.

New job, starting in two months time. The contract should be on its way via snail mail - I have received a PDF version already. All I have to do is sign the papers and give notice at my current employer. Feels good. :)
Congrats! I spent days figuring out how I wanted to quit my last job.

I have just passed my Amateur Radio Technician Class examination. I will have my callsign from the FCC in about 10 days.

Congrats! :cheers:

I'm only now getting back on the forums after spending the last few days in a furious storm of cardboard boxes moving to a new apartment. There's still lots of stuff to sort, set up, and store, but every day it feels more like home.

it always takes ages until everything is unpacked and in the right place... even finding the right place... i lived in my apartment for well over a year until i realized i had set up the furniture all wrong and found a much better way that left more of the single room!

anways, welcome home! :)

Very small achievement ... but there is hope for more:

After practicing my skills as a senior-torturer (system-administrator) for 15 years at the same place now (phew ... getting old) I finally got to the task of applying for a new job: I handed in my application as a project-manager with a software company in Cologne and will have a meeting with their CEO after his vacation next week ...

Let's hope that there is an improvement in pay-grade and job-quality in my future ...

Un-earthing a very old post ...

What I was looking for in July 2012 didn't happen ... I tried to apply for a few other jobs in 2013 ... one of the companys announced after three meetings over six months (one of them with their CEO) and after we reached an agreement about payment, that my papers will be in my mail within a week ... only to send me an email 2 weeks later (written at 5 AM): "Nope ... not happening ... probably for the best ... maybe we meet again ... have a good time"

... fast forward to last week ... only by chance I got to know that there is a vacancy in a company within reasonable driving distance ... sent in my application, was invited to a meeting on friday ... was told that I'm on a very short list ... on monday they called "You got the job" ... made a generous offer ... I signed my contract yesterday ... handed in my resignation half an hour ago ...

I will probably stay with my old company for another six months ... I'm currently waiting for our CEO to arrive at work ... not sure how he will react to the news ...

... but I'm very excited about my future job!

Greetings Michael