Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

:thumbsup: what will you be doing in your new job? The things you hoped you would be doing in your current one?

THX

The new job is probably very similar to the old one: system-administrator-one-man-show ... with the main difference that they value their IT tools much more than my current employer ... the difference between a company that builds products and is forced to use computers to do that ... and a company that designs products and uses the computer as their most important tool ...

3 month ago vs. today. Goal achieved! Now to maintain!

1618489_661527093885940_449659899_n.jpg

Reactions: TC

That is a big achievement. Many congrats!

But you are correct: maintenance is key. And you did lose all that weight rather quickly, so it's all the more important to stay cognizant of trying to keep it off.

Got an offer to teach two classes at an elite international relations program during summer term. Now I got to find out whether it's paid by the hour (which is clown money) or a regular part-time lecturer position (which would be interesting). I still don't really want to stay in academia, but it beats being unemployed.

Just accepted a big work order from Onforce.com, to replace a NIC in a server. Pretty happy. :)
Congrats!

Last edited:
That's pretty cool Doc! Hope it's the latter. Out of curiosity, which's the topic of the two classes?

That's pretty cool Doc! Hope it's the latter. Out of curiosity, which's the topic of the two classes?
It's an introductionary class called "Current callenges for German foreign policy" and one on my area of competence, I think I'd call it "Cyber-threats and national security" or "Cybersecurity, Cybercrime and Cyberwar".

Last edited:
THE PORSCHELUMP RUNS!

I repeat:

THE PORSCHELUMP RUNS!!!

Eh, it was dark when we started it, but there's a clip of the noise in Post Your Car.

It's an introductionary class called "Current callenges for German foreign policy" and one on my area of competence, I think I'd call it "Cyber-threats and national security" or "Cybersecurity, Cybercrime and Cyberwar".

Hopefully it works out for you, I find the cyber issues to be fascinating. I definitely only have a very basic understanding since it's not my area of focus but what can be done in that field blows my mind. You should teach a finalgear class ;)

Wow! Congratulations, that is a great result. I need to get back in shape myself... Mind sharing your diet plan? I usually workout twice a day but my diet is shit, mostly due to laziness but I can't seem to follow a good diet that doesn't leave me feeling like shit after a couple days.

Congrats!

^5, kick ass.