Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

Just got an offer for this study at the University of Bath in the UK.

And I applied just 1.5 week ago!!!!!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Last edited:
Finished my first online course... "Introduction to Linux." Should get the grade back today. I think I did well, but it is pretty important as I don't get reimbursed by the company if I didn't...

I already posted it in the Random Thoughts thread but I think it's more appropriate here:

I got my Canadian work permit approval, now I just need to go get it at the border :)

Did CPR for the first time on a full arrest and brought the patient back to life. Beginners luck I guess.

Do you work in a hospital or did you provide first aid to someone?

Either way, that's great! And if the latter is the case, thank you for mustering the courage and confidence to even just try it! :)

Submitted my thesis today. Probably will polish it just the tiniest bit tomorrow, but it's in now. Presentation in two weeks, and will have to have all course credits etc by then.

It's weird to think of graduation.

^Big congrats!

I officially got hired as a Moderator-Tech for DePaul DeFrag.

This means I get paid $9/hr to sit in the Console/Computer Gaming Labs here at the Computing and Digital Media Center and check out games and controllers and headphones for people.

Oh, yeah, forgot. When nothing else is going on I can play games.

And I'll be working over winter break, when no one is here.

Therefore, getting paid $9/hr for 6hrs a day to play games.

Win.

Do you work in a hospital or did you provide first aid to someone?

Either way, that's great! And if the latter is the case, thank you for mustering the courage and confidence to even just try it! :)

I'm an EMT in training..I did this on my ride along (riding with an ambulance). It was pretty cool..can't wait till I get a stabbing or gun shot wound. I love the crazy stuff.

Anyways thanks guys.

I finally finished my Masters degree i talked about earlier.

Today i had my final exam in medieval german literature (don't ask me why i ever selected that as my minor, but still...) and i finished with a 2.0 (roughly a B). This includes both in the oral part today and in the written exam i took two weeks ago.

So my final grade for my Magister Artium in Philosophy (it's like a Master) is 1.37, which roughly equals an A-.

On December, 1st, i start my new job as a part-time assistant at the Philosophy Department with the purpose of writing my Ph.D thesis.
(Explanation: as Ph.D programs are generally unpaid and scolarships are rare, most facultys employ people as teaching/scientific/general assistants so they can work on their Ph.D - while in hands-on sciences like Physics that mostly means working for the project you write your thesis on, in social sciences the "work" part can be anything from teaching something more-or-less related to your Ph.D project, working for a comletely unrelated research group to doing public relations or even IT - anyways, you're supposed to spent half the hours you get paid on your Ph.D project, which i will)

Last edited:
After 8 weeks, I'm now officially a brother of the National Society of Pershing Rifles, Company F-8, Syracuse University.

PR%20Shield%202.jpg

Today, nearly a year after my surgery, my physical therapist cleared me to run again.

I have to adjust my stride so I stay on the balls of my feet and at least at first I can't run for long periods of time continuously, but I can get started.

To make sure my gait was okay she had me run on the treadmill. It was only for a total of about 10 minutes and then only in 2 minute increments, but it felt so good to be running again. So liberating. There's nothing in the world like the feeling of your feet hitting the floor as your body finds the rhythm of the run.

Even if I'm barely back in it, I'm absolutely thrilled. I can't wait to get outside and take off. It's sleeting and gray and disgusting today, and I might go out anyway. I've missed running so much.

So happy right now I just can't express it. :D

Heh, I had to go without running (or strenuous physical activity) for over a year back in 7th grade, and tbqh, didn't miss it much. But I'm weird like that.

Congrats on your recovery!

Well, I know some people hate running, but I love it. I've always used it to relieve stress, stay in shape, keep my endorphins up. It's a long way off at this point, but I'd like to run a marathon.

It's funny, because before my surgery I never really considered a marathon. Now that it's harder for me to do it, I really want to. I always love a challenge. :)

Hmph, the most exercise I can churn out is an hour of badminton at the gym.

Got selected by US Army ROTC for a Cultural and Language Program trip to Slovakia on 8 June. All expenses paid for. :D