Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

My grades are all up. Passed history by a hair.

Should get my diploma in the mail in a few months. :)

I just received confirmation that I successfully validated my last year of IT school :)

I am now an "Expert en Informatique et Syst?mes d'lnfolmation" which means "IT Expert" or something like that :)

^ Congratulations Killpanda.

What are the french words for IT nerd? :p

I get to work with robots, work in my jammies (medical scrubs), drive a forklift, handle cocaine and methadone, and use big machines that I can hit with a hammer.

I do love my job. :)

(I work for a major pharmaceutical company)

I am one of the least domestic, least crafty, least artistic people on the planet. However, when a good friend gave me a book of Day of the Dead crafts for Christmas, something happened to me. I found myself wandering around the craft store for hours, looking for just the right seed beads, just the right charms, just the right wooden box. I bought flower confetti and a hot glue gun. I sculpted and gesso'd and painted and threaded and assembled and managed to not burn my fingers, the cat, or the house with my hot glue gun.

And after four days of work, I, for the first time in my entire life, finished a craft project. I am disproportionately proud of this.

4247480611_fcbdd556a3.jpg

Disregard the aluminum foil. It's just there to protect the kitchen counter while everything dries.

Last edited:
Reactions: 47
^Wow, that is beautiful! Excellent work.

Dunno if you guys remember, but I posted a while back that I was up for a transfer at work. Just found out that I got it!!!! I'm so pleased. :mouse:

Congrats Spicy! Awesome to hear. :)

Another work related note, I just found out that my contract was extended until June 30th at work. Nothing too much, but at least, I have work for the next half year. *Whew*

That?s good to have your contract renewed, well done you too! :thumbup:

Congrats Spicy? as well, no details because it?s confidential or too just technical for a simple post?
:)

No details because they're boring and technical. Boss made the announcement yesterday. A guy from my new dept. said he's happy I'm coming because they'll know all the gossip first rather than last. Apparently I have my ear to the grapevine. :p

I obtained 7 points for my Cambridge GCSE O Levels exams, and that means I'm eligible for one of the best junior colleges in the country, hoorah! :D

After months of delay and procrastination, I finally filed the state incorporation paperwork for my nonprofit. Should be a going concern within three months. *does happy dance of happiness*

I have an interview on Friday. Took my pants to get hemmed today, but I'm in an utter state of PANIC about it all. I want to craw into a hole instead.