Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

We had a few layoffs at work recently. I got called into my bosses office this afternoon.

She gave me a 9% raise. Could have been worse. :p

Today I finally got the scaled results (don't get my actual paper back until Tuesday week) back for my macro-economics mid-semester (that i was certain I was going to do really badly at)- 24.5 out of 25.

HELL YES!!!!!!!!! :dance:

(considering I hate the lecturer and the subject as a result and really didn't study much for it, I'll take that! :D)

It also now means that I am averaging over 90% for all of my uni subjects, which i am estatic about (given one of them is my first ever second year course and all of them are pretty much so 100% new stuff to me). I'll probably not manage to do that for all of them after final exams, but either way i should hopefully get some good grades this semester across the board! *crosses fingers*

Today I finally got the scaled results (don't get my actual paper back until Tuesday week) back for my macro-economics mid-semester (that i was certain I was going to do really badly at)- 24.5 out of 25.

Overachiever...

Overachiever...

Damn straight! :p

Probably am in actual fact- anything below 80% really pisses me off, but I'm lucky that I can get over that in most cases with what I feel is not a huge amount of effort. To other people though, I might do a lot of study, but I don't really know- going to a selective high school skews your perception of what "slacking off" is! :lol:

:dance:

/me finalized job negotiations :nod: in January, 6 days after my Master's thesis' deadline, I'll head off into the corporate world :lol:

Congrats Narf -- the real world awaits you and in no time you'll be pining for the student life :lol: hopefully the piles of money will make up for it :D

I auditioned for a show called Letters and Numbers, which I personally thought I did crap at, but just got a phone call today asking me to be a backup contestant next week. So they must be pretty desperate :lol: - If I do end up getting on I will have possibly achieved a new personal best in geekdom!

I auditioned for a show called Letters and Numbers, which I personally thought I did crap at, but just got a phone call today asking me to be a backup contestant next week. So they must be pretty desperate :lol: - If I do end up getting on I will have possibly achieved a new personal best in geekdom!

Ooooh, let us know if you're going to air! So cool! Good Luck!

I watched that show a couple of times last week and all I could keep thinking is 'Holy crap I would suck if I went on this show!' :lol:

Anagrams just confuse me - I can't rearrange letters mentally or with the aid of paper very quickly..if at all, I just get stuck. I used to always finish among bottom scores when we did those kinds of activities in primary school English....along with spelling tests. Yet, English was still one of my best VCE subjects, go figure.
NB: International Studies was my top, in fact, I topped-scored in that subject for my school, but where I went that's not much of an achievement....

ATM I'm still waiting for word on the after school care program position I applied for. :Still has fingers crossed:

Last edited:
Not really an achievement, but probably the thing I am most proud of, the birth of our daughter, Soriya, born last Friday:

Minutes after being born:

DSC_1380.JPG

In her mother's arms, 2 days old:

IMG_20101003_163352.jpg

And this afternoon, 1 week old:

DSC_1445.JPG

^ Congratulations Sir! :cheers:

Beautiful. Congratulations!

:cheers:

So after a month of interviews and psychometric and medical tests, I've accepted a job offer with a leading Australian rail corporation. It's a full time role and will see me move to New South Wales for the duration of the 12 month contract (and hopefully I'll be able to get an extention if I do a good enough job and impress the right people).

Good bye friends, girlfriend, family, job, mediocre suburban Adelaide lifestyle and hello unknown future :)

Last edited:
I got a 10 in German (which is not normal because I don't enjoy studying German, but i like the new Swiss teacher :) )
But this is only the first test... there will be many others... and this one was grammar, the tourism tests will be more difficult, but I am really working hard.
I'm studying. A lot. I want to finish school and get out of Jesolo (and maybe get out of Italy). I'm starting to hate this place.

I got a 10 in German (which is not normal because I don't enjoy studying German, but i like the new Swiss teacher :) )
But this is only the first test... there will be many others... and this one was grammar, the tourism tests will be more difficult, but I am really working hard.
I'm studying. A lot. I want to finish school and get out of Jesolo (and maybe get out of Italy). I'm starting to hate this place.

Forgive the stupid American, but what does that mean? We typically refer to grades as a score out of 100 or a letter A-F (with F being fail). Is 10 a perfect score?