Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

Got myself an internship working with a Chicago area entrepreneur helping him develop his new ventures. 1 year internship. I'm pretty excited

Graduated from 4.5 years of full-time University and landed a job within two weeks of doing so. Now working as a Product Development Engineer at a global automotive accessories company. Best part is, it's a 2 minute drive to work! :D

Got me a 5 on the AP American History Exam. For those who don't know, it's the highest grade. 740s on SAT2 History and Hebrew too. I just hope those could translate in to a 740i for my driveway....

Graduated from 4.5 years of full-time University and landed a job within two weeks of doing so. Now working as a Product Development Engineer at a global automotive accessories company. Best part is, it's a 2 minute drive to work! :D

GRATS!

Got me a 5 on the AP American History Exam. For those who don't know, it's the highest grade. 740s on SAT2 History and Hebrew too. I just hope those could translate in to a 740i for my driveway....

WOO! \o/

No.

There are settings to make your own fuel blends tho D:

Diesel + V Power 99 = :hmm:

I know someone who did that, in the tank of a fire engine, on the day of the annual 'fire party', he said he did it so people would have something to talk about :lol:

I got a raise yesterday. That was the first time I had ever tried for one and the guy I talked to about it isn't really known for his kind demeanour and abundant understanding.

In retrospect, I've learned a lot from that under pretty good circumstances and my strategy has worked rather better than expected. Phew!

That sounds dead cool. Congratulations!

Thanks! After applying to 5 jobs a day for almost 4 months and hearing almost nothing (4 total replies) It's pretty nice to get something that I can actually enjoy doing.

Maybe a Volvo 740 :p. Nice job!

So, over a year since I started filming...

...I finally have all of my footage for the LeMons movie uploaded!

I found a few tapes that I hadn't gotten to yet in the box with my project in it, remembered "oh yeah, I ran out of time with this at the end of school," got back into Baylor's editing lab for a day and finished it up.

Now I just need somewhere to work with said footage, but hey, it's a start to have it all off of tapes and on a hard drive! :) Yessss!!!

Congratulations everyone. Well done. :d

Finished all my required deliveries for my Obstetrics rotation!

Also, life is a very messy affair, starting from birth.

Have now completed my Toyota Hybrid training. Im now a certified hybrid tech. Also did a 2 day course on the Toyota way and Kaizan.

Have now completed my Toyota Hybrid training. Im now a certified hybrid tech. Also did a 2 day course on the Toyota way and Kaizan.

Sweet as! So you can fix/modify hybrids now?

I'd imagine there'd be a ton of electronics behind those.

The course I did wa the 2nd of 2 stages of training. The first part was basicly a you-can-service-hybrids-but-don't-touch-the-orange-cables course. The one I just finished was diagnostics and repair of the hybrid system. The battery, converter-inverter and electric motor/planetry gearset part is quite simple, but its the ecu and multiplex comunication network that takes time to figure out.

me, several months ago: "You know you've made it when someone else is paying you to be travelling on a plane."

someone else speaking to me last Thursday: "Welcome to your flight courier training session." I guess it pays to refuse to give up.

long version: I have long since wanted to work in aviation, in some way. Having sent in my application for pilot training with LH at possibly the worst point in recent aviation history, I got rejected. In retrospect, I think it would have been much more boring than my starry-eyed younger self used to think. Fast forward several years and I was back applying for two rather mundane full-time entry-level jobs. No luck with that either - probably for the better, too.
After that, I noticed an LH subsidiary's call for applications for flight couriers, a part-time job that can be combined with studying. Thinking to myself "can't lose anything if I try" I sent in my application and heard nothing for months. Then I got a call asking me whether I was still interested - I was indeed - and if I could come round in the near future for a first interview. Sure, let's make that next week. I jumped through all the remaining hoops and voil?, they are willing to entrust me with nothing less than transports of life-saving medical goods. If I don't mess up the trial run, that is.