Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

"You know you've made it when someone else is paying you to be travelling on a plane."
So, you get paid to show up, sit down and don't get your luggage stolen? And while doing that, you can probably study or otherwise read?

.... I have the wrong job.

Congrats!

Congrats!
Thanks!

So, you get paid to show up, sit down and don't get your luggage stolen? And while doing that, you can probably study or otherwise read?

.... I have the wrong job.
:rofl: If this works out as a long-term gig, I'll let you know if it ever comes to nothing more than that. In any case, it's going to require a lot of documentation and bureaucracy (the US healthcare sector is involved...), diplomacy and troubleshooting. The stuff I'll be carrying is essentially a liquid, I must never ever ever ever ever ever lose sight of it and it should under no circumstances be x-rayed. Y hello thar, TSA! :mrgreen:

Achievements, Hmm.

Well, this past January I started a new job that's doing an Apprenticeship program with and I'm sure ze Germans will know of this company called Weishaupt. I'm the first one/guinea pig. I was found by the bosses son because he was looking for somebody and his son told him about me. I have to go to school and travel with the other service techs but I'm getting paid and the schooling is paid for as well. I'm really happy with it so far, 3 1/2 years of school and a contract I had to sign saying I'm not going to duck and run with the knowledge I've obtained(which I won't). Next year I am promised a company car and a raise. My plan is to move out which will be sweet. So at age 20/21, I will have house(fingers crossed), paid school and an awesome job playing with fire, what more could I guy ask for? I mostly want a house so I can park my truck in the garage and work on it slowly building it up. I have my eye on a couple engines from Ford Racing.

haters gonna hate? I hope not. My family already does.

Last edited:
Today, I got an awesome compliment through the phone, on the job that I've been doing since the 19th May: "You seem like you've been doing this for some time." It was all I could do to stop myself saying, "Thank you, and no!" :mrgreen:

1st day of Medical School done. Still the summer term, but a solid 6 hours of lecture. The lecture on Professionalism at Pritzker was actually pretty good, very informative on the vision and values of the institution.

One week in and I can already tell that I love this new job!

The team's great and the current project I'm starting looks really interesting and involving.
Plus, as an added bonus, I work with certified geeks and can pretty much arrange my schedule the way I want it as long as the work is done on time.

I am a really happy Panda right now :)

Just got my final grade in so now I can say I'm graduating from the University of Texas at Dallas with a degree in Political Science. :D

I start my job as an independent petroleum landman on the 22nd.

If I don't mess up the trial run, that is.
Holy guacamole. That was originally going to be a trial run inside Germany, transporting something of little importance to see if I can get the documentation right.

Today, I've talked to the folks who organise the transports about my trial run and they offered me a bone marrow transport from the US to Turkey.
:jawdrop:
I guess I must have given off a good impression. Alas, the timing didn't work out and I'll be transporting the same from the US to just Germany... still, I'll be going all-in right from the start.

Oh, and I got accepted for exactly the course of uni studies that I wanted. :dance:

For the last three days I have been playing my harp and the piano (though not at the same time ;)) in the local Eisteddfod.
For harp I won both my sections and got two awards, and with piano I placed in every class I entered.
Yay!

Oh yeah, I should probably mention?I've been hired by Automotive.com as an Associate Online Editor. I moved to LA (as I've alluded to), and I've just finished my first week. Some of my work can be found here, so far.

Wrote my last exam in the Bachelor today, in a pretty tough subject, but it turned out quite well, I think. Especially considering that I caught a nasty cold last week (hacking coughs, waterfall for a nose, and piercing headache) that really helped me studying...

Also just found out that I passed the subject I failed last semester (the only one I ever failed, in fact) this time 'round. Even though I felt the exam itself was just as terrible as on the first try.

And this morning I got a mail from my boss, telling me that my original three month contract will be extended for another three months until year's end.

So all in all, I'm quite pleased right now. :)

Last edited:
The stuff I'll be carrying is essentially a liquid, I must never ever ever ever ever ever lose sight of it and it should under no circumstances be x-rayed. Y hello thar, TSA! :mrgreen:
I'm on my first such trip, carrying a shipment from Chicago to Germany. None of my nightmares have turned out true because everyone was more than helpful, from hotel and airline staff to TSA. As a result, I made it from my hotel to the gate in half an hour.

If you ever need an adrenaline rush, try my job.

Got an A in my econ exam!
:D

Started new job on August 1st. Just won my first major contract today! Onward and upward! :D

Double post, sorry.

I'm a good - but definitely on the amateur end - photographer. However, I've been asked to take the photos at a retirement party for a very esteemed work colleague and I'm utterly blown away by the honour. Bear in mind that our work place has a photography department, but the person retiring wants me to take the photos because he's seen my work and likes it has just made my day. God I'm bloody terrified though!