Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

'grats from me as well! I'd rep you, but I must spread some work around before working MWF ag... no wait, that's not what I meant at all.

Too early to celebrate, but woooo I got an interview for a post-graduation full time job.

The acid post processing kid from India is now officially allowed to drive! Just passed my exam an hour ago!!

Reactions: MWF
So we had another non-driver here other than Viper? How many more are there? We need to out then harangue them immediately! Membership should be conditional on a driver's license at minimum. The ability to change one's own gears should be mandatory too IMHO.

:woot: So, your first own drive goes where?

My first drive (well, sort of long drive) is gonna be on Saturday evening from Sachsenring back to Kissing where I live. Our company cars are only insured for people over 25 years of age, and I turn 24 in a week. I probably have to butter my boss into changing the policy on atleast one of the cars so I can drive it. Right now there are more cars in the lot than employees :p It's high time though, I've been doing my license since March this year but continuous schedule conflicts between me and my instructor meant I only managed to finish just now. I did have a few sessions of careful hooning at the Boxberg Test Facility though. :)

So we had another non-driver here other than Viper? How many more are there? We need to out then harangue them immediately! Membership should be conditional on a driver's license at minimum. The ability to change one's own gears should be mandatory too IMHO.

Pretty sure Jedd doesn't have a license.

Second achievement unlocked! Just took a Porsche 968 CS for an hour's tour of Augsburg outskirts. Man I have been missing out on this new fad driving thing!

Dear Alexander
I am delighted to inform you that you have been awarded the Bath Engineering Excellence Scholarship by the Faculty of Engineering & Design. This scholarship programme is to reward excellence in academic achievement. Congratulations.

The scholarships will take the value of up to ?2,000 per academic year (not including placement years) and will be awarded on the basis of academic merit. The scholarship will be awarded as a fee waiver. You will retain the award each year of study provided their academic performance remains at the 2.1 level (60 %) or higher.

If you have already paid you fees in full, you will be refunded the corresponding amount in due course.

If you have any queries regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Congratulations once again.

:D

Last edited:
I just got a job for a national retailer, only contracted for 10.5 hours. But allegedly you get constant overtime.

... and remember "It's not insurance, it's 'extracare'" (That's the Comet word, I don't work for Comet but you get the idea.)

:whistle:

The ability to change one's own gears should be mandatory too IMHO.

You're discriminating against us poor Americans in a sea of automagic boxes and no practical access to manuals! Except for that one time my friend let me drive his decade-old Saturn around the high school parking lot for 15 minutes!

I am now helping to plan our first ever black tie fundraiser for the March of Dimes, and I'm in charge of finance!

Eleven months of planning later and we finally pulled it off. We had four companies sponsor us (and an equal number saying they would next year if this year's went well, but we'll see) and raised $1,500 for the March of Dimes.

Pre-dinner.jpg

The event was on campus at the University Club, the school bought it a few years ago and poured millions into renovating it.

Sarah.jpg

March of Dimes gave a speach during the dinner. One of the things they talked about was the size of premature babies- they brought plastic baby feet that were the actual size to give an image of how small they are. They were only just long enough to reach from one end of a quarter to the other.

Cake.jpg

Also, the cake was fantastic.

PlanningTeam.jpg

The planning team- I'm on the right.

Next big achievement! Attended my first instructed track session. Did four laps of Sachsenring yesterday in a new Clio RS with colleague and instructor as the passenger. I drove like a pussy and got overtaken by stock Twingo :(

Gears?

8-8_1.JPG

That means alot of us shouldn't be here....

I just had a client who is court-ordered to therapy ask if they could continue to see me once they are done with the mandated course of treatment.

That. Never. Happens.

Phew!

I've finally found a room in Cologne. The market here is an absolute horror for students like me with a limited budget - or rather already stretched beyond what had previously been the maximum. The solution, however, is pretty decent: a 14m2 room in a small two-bedroom flat which is owned by the parents of my future roommate and in very, very decent shape. ?330 per month including all utilities is pretty steep in general terms, but (unfortunately, you could say) fair for what I'm getting.