Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

I think I can see the old internal border by that statistic alone :blink:

Yeah... some areas may lead you off the actual path, for example at the northern end of the border there's the small green blob that is the city of L?beck, that was West Germany. However, the large green bit to its east was GDR, same colour.
However, regions such as the northern border of Bavaria towards Thuringia are clearly visible, it's a drop of multiple colours along that line. However, one dark purple section is north of the border...

Also, what DanRoM said.

Last edited:
w00t - I gave official notice today and am starting a new job in two weeks. I just reviewed the new workplace's benefit summary - extremely awesome + pension.

Tonight I was awarded SCCA San Francisco Region's Rookie Driver of the Year! In addition to getting 3rd place in my class championship.

My NASA competition license also just came in this morning.

Pic of the trophies:

http://img259.imageshack.**/img259/2472/trophiessm.jpg

Last edited:
I GOT ENGAGED. HOLY SHIT.

beautiful, sexy, smart, thoughtful, funny. very nice tracts of land

She loves Top Gear and videogames. shes a great cook.

and im still wondering how i got so lucky

So I've been working for what seems like an eternity on this new radiotherapy (using x-rays to treat cancer) technique, which has meant a lot of evening and weekend work, has met resistance from a few people because it's 'new' and is 'more work' (it's not, actually, you just have to get out of your comfort zone and stop being a putz) but it does improve patients' treatment so has also got a lot of support from other colleagues and the clinicians. So I've kept pushing and pushing and pushing... and it's being used clinically to treat a patient in the very near future! It's not a technique I've developed, but I have adapted it to our department's local practice and the specific site that's being treated in this case, so I'm feeling pretty damn proud of myself :D

Thank you. I genuinely love my job, and times like this make it even better.

Yesterday I took my Grade 7 AMEB (Australian Music Examinations Board) Harp Exam.
(For those of you unfamiliar with these exams, the highest (numbered) grade you can do is Grade 8, then you do Associate and Licentiate, which is concert soloist level)

I got my results a short while afterwards, and I got an A (Honours)!
(Highest possible result is A+ for outstanding performances)

I am very pleased! :happy:

Got a new job! which is great

and a bonus for 2 days each week I work in Nordural aluminium factory

513813.jpg

small picture

First place in Australian Regional AIAA Student Conference and $500 prize. Going to Nashville for expenses paid International Student Conference.

Got a new job :D

Still for the same employer, and still a technical job (which is what I wanted), but moving away from software dev.

Plenty of job related travel ahead, probably will be going to China in March and then to Toulouse France in April :)

Not yet, but I'll ask when I get the chance (probably next week).

Soguys I got an email, letter and phone call today and they all told me one piece of ridiculous news. I CAN STOP DOING COLLEGE APPLICATIONS BECAUSE I GOT IN TO COLUMBIA. FUCK YEAH!