Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

My latest achievement...

Airborne%2Bwings2.jpg

It says he is certified to jump out of airplanes.

In the event of a plane going down are the flight attendants going to be checking for certification before they let you get out?

Yes. You'll need 2 forms of govt. issued picture ID, a copy of your DD-285-4, 6, and 7, DA-Form 33 filled out to block 13, a copy of your jump log UP TO DATE AND CLEARED OUT BY A JUMPMASTER, 2 copies each of your orders, parachute and jump status certifications, and 3 letters of recommendation from a field grade officer or above. They will then give you your DA-69 "Emergency Aircraft Exit Jump Form". After you finish reading the safety considerations and Hazardous Activity Risk Assesment and Consent forms, you will need to print, sign, and date those sheets and hand them back to the attendants (make and keep at least 2 copies for yourself, trust me). You will then attend the safety, medical, finance, and transportation (even if you won't be utilizing a personally owned vehicle) briefings. After they stamp your checklist turn in the form with a copy of your DD-285-4, 6, and 7, DA-Form 33 filled out to block 13, a copy of your jump log, 2 copies each of your orders, parachute and jump status certifications, and 3 letters of recommendation from a field grade officer or above in addition to your SGLI form and all accumulated dd-214s. You will then receive your final safety briefing, DA Form 443 and be cleared to exit the aircraft. HAPPY LANDINGS! AIRBORNE!!

/military bureaucracy

Last edited:
Do you still have to do all that shit if the plane you are in is already on fire and heading for Arizona vertically at 600mph?

So, when do you get qualified to land? The jumping part is the easier bit, I would imagine. :p

But :clap: :woot: and congratulations!

I start an internship at DTE on Tuesday doing web development. I'm pretty excited but also nervous since it'll be my first "real" job (previous exp is part time in retail/fast food).

Not really an accomplishment but...

Just submitted my first conference paper, and registered to attend another conference as well. Grad school just got real, yo!

Getting an amazing girlfriend. She got me this for Christmas (just came in the mail today, not posting late :p):

Aim29c8CMAICZmb.jpg

Was promoted on Friday to a Project Manager, 25% raise, and now I run a 435 million dollar construction project.

Won best presentation in the undergraduate category in the 50th International AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting :D

I FOUND A JOB!

OMG. OMG. OMG! OMGGGGG!!!!!

So, I'm moving to Austin. I'd go ahead and offer my couch for the US GP, but eew, I need a new couch. Oh, and an apartment. I need one of those, too. Tee hee hee. But OMG. YAY!

So, I'm moving to Austin. I'd go ahead and offer my couch for the US GP, but eew, I need a new couch. Oh, and an apartment. I need one of those, too. Tee hee hee. But OMG. YAY!

Don't offer your couch. Sell it. For tickets to the GP. :p And drag the rest of the Texan FG contingent along.

Don't offer your couch. Sell it. For tickets to the GP.
tongue.gif
And drag the rest of the Texan FG contingent along.
I like how you think! Tickets for couch space...anyone? Anyone? (I hope I have a nicer couch by November!)

Congrats coco! What is it, if you dare to share it with us?
Marketing stuff at a software company. :) Apparently there's quite a few car nerds in the office, too, so hooray!

Last edited: