Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

Finally getting my academic life back in shape... on to college! Pretty stoked about my scores too. :D

img-20130521-121753.jpg

img-20130521-121531.jpg

Finally getting my academic life back in shape... on to college! Pretty stoked about my scores too. :D

img-20130521-121753.jpg

img-20130521-121531.jpg

Congrats! Which schools are you considering?

Congrats! Which schools are you considering?

Stanford, Berkeley, MIT... LOL

I'll start with community college and we'll see what happens. I'll get a transfer degree to leave my options open while still getting an Associate's just in case I decide not to go for a 4-year.

I'll start with community college and we'll see what happens. I'll get a transfer degree to leave my options open while still getting an Associate's just in case I decide not to go for a 4-year.

Lol. Smart plan, wish I would have stuck with community college longer, would have saved a shedload of money.

24 hours from interview to response, that's a record so far. :lol: I'm getting called back to talk to the head of software development of the company in question, I guess that's a sign they want to make me an employment offer.

Just remember career advice is like car buying advice.

Taking any from rickhamilton is a baaaaaad move.

Just remember career advice is like car buying advice.

Taking any from rickhamilton is a baaaaaad move.

:lol: um wut? Generally it is advised to do what he's doing (and what I didn't do but wish I did) by going to community college for 2 years and transferring to a university to finish up the next 2 years. He'll save heaps of money by doing that.

Bids came in on the my first project I've seen all the way to bid! Wasn't involved in the concept phase (because I'd have done things differently) but I saw the actual design through all the way through to the end and I'm looking forward to it being built.

Also, our cost estimate was pretty decent. Engineer's estimate was third and roughly in the middle. That's good news because otherwise I'd probably be spending the summer building a culvert and installing a lot of storm and sanitary sewer...

Bids came in on the my first project I've seen all the way to bid! Wasn't involved in the concept phase (because I'd have done things differently) but I saw the actual design through all the way through to the end and I'm looking forward to it being built.

Also, our cost estimate was pretty decent. Engineer's estimate was third and roughly in the middle. That's good news because otherwise I'd probably be spending the summer building a culvert and installing a lot of storm and sanitary sewer...

Congratulations!

It's always nice to have a job that you've been responsible for bidding on come in. I had a similar situation last year in which an investigation I did for the client lead to them asking me to design a system to overcome the found problems, only have them come back to me and ask that I cost the job. Then they asked me to source, install and commission. Talk about a warm fuzzy feeling.

Helped that it smashed my budget for that year as well! :)

Third interview this morning - guy was speaking as if I already had the job "Here's what we will be doing, what you'll be learning, blah blah".

He said he's onboard and thinks I'm good for the position. That's a successful interview with all 3.

Waiting for a followup interview with the Company's VP (who is in charge of hiring).

Texas, here I come.

Third interview this morning - guy was speaking as if I already had the job "Here's what we will be doing, what you'll be learning, blah blah".

He said he's onboard and thinks I'm good for the position. That's a successful interview with all 3.

Waiting for a followup interview with the Company's VP (who is in charge of hiring).

Texas, here I come.

Awesome, sounds like it's in the bag.

24 hours from interview to response, that's a record so far. :lol: I'm getting called back to talk to the head of software development of the company in question, I guess that's a sign they want to make me an employment offer.

BOOYAH! Got an offer today, should start in two months' time. :D

Congrats man!