Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

Well..it looks like I made it past "2nd interview" with the job I wanted. I'm trying to put all the pieces together...hopefully it'll work out with school if I do take the position.

I guess this goes here: I hired my first employee. So far I've been working alone but now I had to get some help. First job interview ever on this side of the table, I was probably more nervous doing the interview than ever being interviewed. :D

But you didn't hire rick by accident? :D

Unless Rick is Finnish 24-year-old woman, nope. :D

1901306_10202660152960571_1373641294_n.jpg

Glad that's finally over with...

Got the mark today which is a very firm 2:1 and cements my average enough that my degree is pretty much certainly a 2:1.

:D

Looks like Syberjet, the small airplane startup here in Cedar City that I am doing a paid internship for this summer, wants to send me to San Antonio for further training in NX with their engineers, all expenses paid. I leave on the 28th, and come back in august. This pretty much completely blindsided me, but holy shit am I excited. :mrgreen:

Moved to Texas in August 2013, signed up with a temp agency in December 2013, was assigned a gig to a company in January 2014 as Administrative Assistant, and that position was filled by February 2014 by a previous co-worker of the Director. End of February, I was specifically asked by the same company to come back and fill in for a position that had opened right after I had left; June 2014 I worked up the courage to talk to the Director about having the position I was filling become a permanent position for me. She said yes. She also listed many positive comments that everyone had been giving her about my working there and apparently a few had lamented that I wasn't an actual employee yet.

Friday, June 13, will be my official start date :) I'm so happy to finally have a job, in an office, that is salaried with fantastic benefits. Not a large salary, but it's definitely my first job that hasn't been hourly or contracted work. Hooray!

It also feels fantastic to have people acknowledge how good I am; after not having a job for ~1.5 years, those compliments mean the world to me :3

Reactions: TC
Good for you!

I used to hate being congratulated for my work but, the project manager has been praising me for my work for the past two months. It's been really nice.

Moved to Texas in August 2013, signed up with a temp agency in December 2013, was assigned a gig to a company in January 2014 as Administrative Assistant, and that position was filled by February 2014 by a previous co-worker of the Director. End of February, I was specifically asked by the same company to come back and fill in for a position that had opened right after I had left; June 2014 I worked up the courage to talk to the Director about having the position I was filling become a permanent position for me. She said yes. She also listed many positive comments that everyone had been giving her about my working there and apparently a few had lamented that I wasn't an actual employee yet.

Friday, June 13, will be my official start date :) I'm so happy to finally have a job, in an office, that is salaried with fantastic benefits. Not a large salary, but it's definitely my first job that hasn't been hourly or contracted work. Hooray!

It also feels fantastic to have people acknowledge how good I am; after not having a job for ~1.5 years, those compliments mean the world to me :3
W00t! That's great news! Congrats!

Finished my first year of grad school yesterday....whew! It wasn't too bad as I mostly took undergraduate classes to bring my programming skills up to speed. However, I did have to take a graduate level computer architecture course that was a real grind, as I knew nothing about computer architecture going into it, so I had a lot to learn. The class was tough but I managed to survive.

This is my first post in this thread, so here goes...

My higher education consists of a bachelor degree in law and management from Buskerud University college in Norway, took most of my management classes as an exchange student at the BA-faculty at Texas Tech University in 2008. In addition to this I have an unfinished degree in Privacy, data protection, and freedom of speech from the University of Oslo, as I quit this to study law full time. I now have only my master thesis left of my master degree in law. Right now I'm working as an apprentice associate lawyer at a small law firm in Oslo, dealing mostly with criminal law and immigration law.

Well I have a job, on July 7 I will be an employee of the largest printing company in the world. I interviewed for it three weeks ago and had sent thank you emails with no response, none of my references have been contacted, and I was completely surprised to get the phone call yesterday. Now I am waiting for a UPS package to arrive with all my hiring information. The only problem is I have two weeks to find a place to live 200 miles away and get my current house ready to put up for sale or rent out.

Nice work. What're you studying? CS?

Thank you! I'm doing CE w/ an emphasis in Robotics. Next school year I'm taking a mechatronics course, a control systems series, and various supporting classes.

1-year review is going, let's call it, well