Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

You should have waved hi as you passed me!

And I start the new job on Tuesday. Kind of nervous. So, who wants a new car here?

if you can find a loophole that can export a car to finland without import taxes in here.

Not one, but two achievements in a single day! Hooray me.

1: Finished the C25K program! Two months ago, I didn't do any sports and couldn't run for 300m without being out of breath. Today, I ran 5 kilometers without stopping and didn't die - and I intend to repeat this feat a bunch more times in the near future :)

2: Got a confirmation from the Germans that I will be accepted into German citizenship, provided I leave my current Ukrainian one! That's a huge step and I'm glad they accepted my application on first try. Now to get to the second part of the process and exit the Ukrainian citizenship... this might take a while.

Congratulations to all of you above!!

Finally finished my Chartered Accountancy. I'm an ACA now. So now I have exemptions and eligibility for Certified Public Accountant of USA and/or Canada. But I have to be in either of the countries to pass one last UFE exam. Can't decide which one and if I should go for either of them...

Second video interview is up and the editor in chief of the radio station is quite happy with them and is willing to contract me for more (hopefully on a bi-weekly basis), woo!

Sorry about the blurry nature of one angle. I bumped the camera when trying to squeeze past it. Won't happen again, got a field monitor now to double check all the things.

Last edited:
So after balloting for my design studio this semester, I landed my top pick. I will be working on a design proposal for the La Defense in Paris and will be submitting a design to the city of Paris next month. Considering it's one of the most significant central business districts in Europe (and most controversial) this is a pretty massive undertaking for an American that has never been to France nor even speaks French. My design adviser for the semester is French architect Clement Blanchet, notable for formerly being partners with none other than Rem Koolhaas himself and the founder of OMA-France. So it's quite a lot of big things happening. Excited + Anxious.

I got a promotion at my current company.

I have been sort of a super salesperson/F&I guy at one dealership for a little over two years. We have been talking about making me a full manager at another dealership for a couple of months but one person leaving sped up the time table so I start on Wed/Thursday of next week.

Thursday they did the compensation presentation and Friday I made a slight counter offer which they accepted.

It is a sales job which is always heavily dependent on how much you sale and what kind of gross profit you earn but worst case scenario it is a 10 to 15 percent raise. A best case scenario is over 50 percent raise.

Well well where do I begin? I haven't really been on this site for the past year because...

I got married 1 year ago (sept 28th).
Bought a house 2 months ago.
Graduated in May of 2013 with a BS in mechanical engineering and got a job as a design engineer in the orthopedics industry.

Now I'm am finally back a chill point.

neat, congrats :nod:

random thought: every time i see BS, i automatically think "bullshit" o_O that can't possibly be why it's B.Sc. over here, can it?

I got married!

Whole weekend went extremely well. No major snafus, no major issues. Once I got to the rehearsal it was smooth sailing from then on.

I got married!

Whole weekend went extremely well. No major snafus, no major issues. Once I got to the rehearsal it was smooth sailing from then on.

Congratulations!

Married? With 23? Now I feel old.. congrats anyway :D

Also, on my end.. as my job-situation went belly-up within the past 2 weeks (but I am not out of a job), I am looking for something new now...

Today I had a skype-interview, and the result is basically that he will suggest and recommend to hire me. The contract details have yet to be discussed, and mainly I will be told the payment within the next days, as its a new location and they didn't decide on that yet. But we scheduled another skypecall for the end of next week to talk about the final details. He doesn't see an issue with the payment, or the approval of the hire, he'll be going ahead and preparing the papers anyway. :blink:

So best case: I'll have a contract for a new job by the end of next week.
Worst case: Well, I'll keep looking because they won't pay enough.

Either way: I am fucking impatient and the next days will be HELL. Oh and yeah.. this new job would require me moving.. stressful month incoming... :p

Skype interviews are more and more common, I had one for my job as well, but since i was an hour away by flight the final interview was face to face, them being an airline made it easier for a ticket also

Gradually moving from tech support to release engineering with a a sprinkle of product development, big step in a good direction for me considering I don't have a degree yet! (ever?) It's also what was happening around the time I stopped posting, and after the dust settled I just never really got back into it. I'm starting to realize what I missed.