Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

Change the website to not look like every other underfunded startup... in the world!

/freetipsfromanadexec

Change the website to not look like every other underfunded startup... in the world!

/freetipsfromanadexec

There's a very good reason the site looks as it does, but thanks for the tip. ;)

First yearly review since taking my new position at work yesterday. Exceeded my target productivity by 10%, got 7% raise. Whee.

Now that raise is probably going to cover the increase in rent.

Last edited:

So I got a 3 month internship with Daimler NA in Portland for the summer. I'm pretty excited but my gf isn't particularly thrilled. :p

Done with all exams for my dual master's (no more written or oral exams, ever!): check.
Awesome thesis organized with sick diplomacy skillz (basically I got to choose the topic, the time and how I go about it, and I get paid to write it): check.
Raise and guarantee of a full-time position at the company where I'm currently working half-time as a Werkstudent: check.

Last few weeks have definitely gone well.

So I got a 3 month internship with Daimler NA in Portland for the summer. I'm pretty excited but my gf isn't particularly thrilled. :p
Congrats!

This brings me to my last weeks - declined two job offers, one of which would have brought me to Portland on a semi-regular basis, and instead negotiated a 31% raise with my current employer. Sadly, that figure says more about how underpaid I was earlier than about how much I get paid now. But the best thing is that the more attractive, Portland-including of the two offers I got explicitly was left on the table when I declined. Yay for options! But it also feels great to be in such demand, looks like I do something right.

Thank you!

Today I got an email which said this:

Your final award is: Master Of Engineering In Electrical And Electronic Engineering with Second-class honours first division.

...from the University of Bath.

Old-school diploma! :)
Congratulations and best of luck with starting a working life. :)

Edit: And that is my 6000th post, fittingly in the right thread. ;)

Last edited:
Got a job offer in Mountain View a couple month back and I'm moving to Bay Area tomorrow!
Bye Canada :(

Got a job offer in Mountain View a couple month back and I'm moving to Bay Area tomorrow!
Bye Canada :(

Hello, future neighbor!

Ooh, awesome! Congrats everyone!

Altoid - didn't know you were leaving to go up to the Bay Area as well?