Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

Just gave my notice at my current job and about to sign the contract at the new one.

Starting in about a month :)

Congrats man! :cheers:

Got a job offer from a cyber security firm in London yesterday. Get. Fucking. In. There!!!

+4% from next month on the money front, and another chat on the topic already on the horizon for next summer. :)

In 2007 I earned enough money so I could finally do what I wanted to do since the start of my adult life: - Never to work on a Monday again. - I cut my working time from 100% down to 80% = Four days work, three days weekend. Nice.

And now today my business income has risen enough it's possible to go even a step further: I will cut my worktime back to 60% from January 2016 on. = Three days work (Tue-Thu), and four days weekend. :mrgreen:

Semi-retirement at 42. Life is good.

Awesome, lip. Colour me jealous. Only one day left to shave off until you can call yourself President of Boarderland.

Commiserations.

Well it took two or three months of back and forth, but I've cleared up a miscommunication at work over my specific job title. My supervisor and his supervisor both thought I was on a higher level than I actually was on paper, so we had to go through the paperwork and bench testing process to properly move me up to where I should be. For the last year or so I've been working at a level 3 and occasionally level 4 level, but on paper was only a level 1. Well now I've officially been moved up to level 3 and received a retroactive pay raise of just over 12%. Hooray!

Well it took two or three months of back and forth, but I've cleared up a miscommunication at work over my specific job title. My supervisor and his supervisor both thought I was on a higher level than I actually was on paper, so we had to go through the paperwork and bench testing process to properly move me up to where I should be. For the last year or so I've been working at a level 3 and occasionally level 4 level, but on paper was only a level 1. Well now I've officially been moved up to level 3 and received a retroactive pay raise of just over 12%. Hooray!
Damn, well done.

Congrats. Out of curiosity, do you work for a specific watch brand repair shop or a general watch dealer? :)

Congrats. Out of curiosity, do you work for a specific watch brand repair shop or a general watch dealer? :)

I work for Richemont, which owns a good chuck of the high end brands out there. It's a parent company that takes care of the back end for the child companies so they don't have to deal with the infrastructure and such, each company more or less runs themselves independently. Sort of like GM owns Chevrolet, Cadillac, GMC, etc. Where I work Richemont operates a service center where the repairs for most brands are all handled in one building, we all share a workshop but most of the watchmakers are working for a specific brand so we specialize with them.

Specifically though, I'm a watchmaker for Piaget, who are famous for their ultrathin watches and high jewelry. I get to work on everything from vintage pieces up to the modern current production stuff.