Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

Last year, I scraped by on $28K a year between two jobs. This year, with one new job, I'm poised to nearly quadruple that income. This is shaping up to be my best year in a very, very long time.

It is a nice pic though.

I was just offered a position at a new firm. I'm really stoked - it's at a multinational firm with a good network of offices that I could migrate to. There's a pay bump too.

As a side note; because I've given my notice, I'm no longer allowed to work. So I'm going to Nepal for a week or two to see out the time before I'm allowed to work again.

Congratulations :thumbup:

Cross-posting this from the Aviation Thread:

I am now officially a Commercial Licensed UAS (Unmanned Aerial System, i.e. drone) Pilot. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. :lol: The way it's set up by the FAA is that any current Private Pilot License holder can simply take a quick online course then have the application submitted by a flight instructor. After that you're allowed to get paid to fly a UAV up to 55lbs total weight. The whole process took less than two hours and I still have never even touched a UAV. I really have no intention of using my new certification but it's nice to be able to put it on a resume or maybe a job will present itself and I can make some extra cash on the side.

This morning I've passed the exam for the Sportbootf?hrerschein See which is the German version of the International Certificate for Operators of Pleasure Craft (ICC). :)

This is the first of several steps which lead to the German version of the Yachtmaster Coastal cercification with the goal of being able to charter a yacht without the need of a hired skipper.

Sport boot leader chain?

This morning I've passed the exam for the Sportbootf?hrerschein See which is the German version of the International Certificate for Operators of Pleasure Craft (ICC). :)

This is the first of several steps which lead to the German version of the Yachtmaster Coastal cercification with the goal of being able to charter a yacht without the need of a hired skipper.

Nice :thumbup:
You don't expect us to start calling you captain at some point do you?

After spending 3 years as test lab manager in the US, I will be heading back to Germany in July of next year to be the "Head of Customer Testing global". Really looking forward to focus on something different. It seems I get bored with my Job about every 3 years, but the company keeps coming up with good job opportunities for me. So I think I'll stick around a little longer. Let's see when it gets boring the next time ;-)

Survived date 3

I've survived dates 4, 5, and well more.

In other news, I passed Calc class. This is huge for me. I'm so fucking happy.

Reactions: TC