Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

KaJuN;n3545201 said:
After many years and over 300 hours of training I'm now a certified flight instructor!! :dance:

Today I had my first flight with a student. He's well along in his training so it was an easy introduction to my new profession. This job will be challenging but I'm so excited! It's nice finally getting paid to fly!

Congrats!

KaJuN;n3545201 said:
After many years and over 300 hours of training I'm now a certified flight instructor!! :dance:

Today I had my first flight with a student. He's well along in his training so it was an easy introduction to my new profession. This job will be challenging but I'm so excited! It's nice finally getting paid to fly!

Congratulations, and may you feel the envy irradiating from my soul xD

As for myself, having received my first paycheck at my new job today, I can now say I'm a professional software developer. Hurrah!

50% done with my Master's degree. Woo!

For the first time ever, I've done a certification for my job. I am now an "iSAQB Certified Professional for Software Architecture - Foundation Level".

I got a “promotion.”

Since 2012, I’ve been in field service for gas and oil burners. One of our top guys left in January and the office has been scrambling for a person who knows tech for calls, tricky parts search and quoting, RMA processing, and of course my “favorite” contractor training. The previous guy did this and now I’m in charge. Lately I’ve grown tired of traveling across the country every week having no home life except for the weekends. This hopefully is a good change. I’m promised a raise will happen but nothing is written so when it doesn’t happen, I’ll point it out again. If again nothing changes I’ll request to move back into the field because what’s the point of taking on higher responsibility without extra compensation?

This is a new thread to me. Well, I've become a product owner at work as of last month. Sadly, it seems to be a bit like 93Flareside's "promotion" where it's just another hat I wear in the meantime with no monetary compensation, but maybe that'll change when the VC company that bought us takes the freeze off raises.

Oh, and last year this happened:

I guess I'm a bit late on that one.

Just had my 2nd patent granted by the USPTO

My last post in this thread was when I got married. :roflmao:

Lots of achievements happened since then, so I'll summarize:
• Got divorced.
• Moved back to LA.
• Got (back) into motorcycling.
• Got a BRZ.
• Seriously upgraded the job situation.
• Lost 57 lbs in the last 6 months. About halfway done. Not too shabby.

Last edited:
Add to that getting my own apartment again—application just got approved minutes ago. ?

Well done! How'd you manage it?

Keto + calorie deficit + CrossFit + cycling + intermittent fasting (started that recently).

But most importantly: mindset change.

Keto + calorie deficit + CrossFit + cycling + intermittent fasting (started that recently).

But most importantly: mindset change.
I've had great luck with keto but never stuck with it for more than a month.

I've had great luck with keto but never stuck with it for more than a month.

I'm in it for the long haul. Don't expect to stop for at least another 6 months. It's working great, and the progress is more rewarding than any food. :D

Congrats to all above, you deserve it!

And I see that I haven't updated here in a long while either...

Last September, after close to 13 years at my previous employer, I changed jobs. I am now a "Cloud systems engineer" at a company that does hosting, outsourcing and other IT services. In practice it means that I'm one of the lead devs in the Azure team that provides Azure outsourcing to a couple major customers. In less than a year, I feel like I've made more progress in this company than I've done in 13 in my previous one. Feels really good to get opportunities to prove myself, instead of having to fight to even get some. Another great perk of this job is my commute, which amounts to walking from my bedroom to my office on the same floor for 4 days a week, and once a week a train ride to an office (which I don't have to pay myself to get reimbursed later, I just have an expenses paid company train pass)... Sometimes I kinda miss having colleagues close by for just hanging out at the coffee machine, but the one day in the office kinda is enough for that.

I successfully presented the first article of my PhD thesis, in what we call "Quaification".
Think of it as the sub-boss on the way to the Final Boss.
Final thesis D-Fence should be in two months, and then it's GODDAMN DOCTOR ATENCIO TO YOU. :p:LOL:

I successfully presented the first article of my PhD thesis, in what we call "Quaification".
Think of it as the sub-boss on the way to the Final Boss.
Final thesis D-Fence should be in two months, and then it's GODDAMN DOCTOR ATENCIO TO YOU. :p:LOL:

HERR DOKTOR!

• Lost 57 lbs in the last 6 months. About halfway done. Not too shabby.

Make that 65 now, which puts me at my lowest measured weight since high school. And—at 231 lbs (down from 296.2)—dangerously close to 220s, at the end of which is the lovely 100 kg milestone.