Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

So I got a new job with the same company I have been working for for the last couple of years, as of Monday I am officially their automotive test driver.
"This car is not a pickup truck and therefore rubbish"? ;)

Basicly.....my first assignment is testing a new transmission for a 'mayor French automotive group' as I'm obligated to say.

I just need to figure out a way to politely say: "It's crap, but that's ok, it's going into a crap car", in a meeting :p

Basicly.....my first assignment is testing a new transmission for a 'mayor French automotive group' as I'm obligated to say.

I just need to figure out a way to politely say: "It's crap, but that's ok, it's going into a crap car", in a meeting :p

"The transmission operated in some unexpected ways for a daily runabout."

"The product is working and lasting as expected within the clients expected parameters" sounds slightly better then "it's gonna go bang after 50k kilometers but nobody is expecting any better from a french POS"

For the first time ever, I've done a certification for my job. I am now an "iSAQB Certified Professional for Software Architecture - Foundation Level".
So, a little less than two years later... I'm now an "iSAQB Certified Professional for Software Architecture - Advanced Level". :)

This was much harder than the previous certification, so I am very relieved that it's over now. And also a bit happy that I was actually successful. :D

I don't understand any of what you just said, but Yay!!
He's a builder, but like, with bits of electricity instead of bricks.......also : computers.

Aced the probationary period in my new job! Yay!

So uhhhhhhh ya boi's got a new job! :D

Just finished my first week and I love it. It's full remote, I'm specializing in Apple stuff like I've wanted since taking on administration of that platform at my previous job, the benefits are great and the pay.....i couldn't say no to it, it's a major upgrade from what I was making working at the school district.

First thing I'm doing with the extra income is paying down debt and building a emergency fund. Then I'm figuring out where the fuck I'm going to move to.

Maybe in a year or two Ringmeet will be a possibility for me..who knows?

Oh right, I was supposed to bump this thread as well..

From the start of this year I've had a steady day job, for the first time in my life. A slight change to random project work and side jobs. And like Rick, the pay has gone up as well, as I'm doing regular work, rather than what I need, or feel like. But that was my own choice before.

Fucking finally to both of you! Good times.

This evening I finally finished the Dutch novel I bought. I only rarely found the energy to read it, and took it one chapter at a time, that's why it took very long - I don't even know when I started reading it. Also I'm very not used to reading anything longer than a few paragraphs at a time anyway, thanks Internet.

Reading a book in a language you basically only know from Duolingo is exhausting. But although I didn't understand everything - far from it - I generally got the gist. :)

Did an interview for a Biology teaching job. First impressions are good. Will possibly get a second interview, now with the actual school instead of the hiring company.

Welp, I just handed in my notice at my current employer after I signed a contract at another company beginning February 1st. It feels weird, the last time I handed in my notice it has been about 5 1/2 years ago, but I have to change something, currently I'm stuck and hope I'll get more motivation at a new company...

Fingers crossed!
This... to both of you I guess :)

Also: is it me or is that a very short period of notice, for a German company? I've never worked anywhere that had anything other than 3 months (except during probation).

Also: is it me or is that a very short period of notice, for a German company? I've never worked anywhere that had anything other than 3 months (except during probation).
Generally here you don’t want employers in the US to know before you give them a 2 week notice. It avoids them having a chance to let you go first, and possibly short change you…

The legal period of notice for an employer to terminate an employee depends on how long the employee has been employed, for an employee to hand in his/her notice it's generally four weeks to the mid or end of a month (https://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/bgb/__622.html) except something else is written in the contract.

Generally here you don’t want employers in the US to know before you give them a 2 week notice. It avoids them having a chance to let you go first, and possibly short change you…
For me it always depends on how the employer has treated you. Since I am good with my employer and (not to brag about, but it's important for context...) I'm their most valuable IT technician I already let them know that I was searching for a new job a couple of weeks ago. It would make no sense for them to fire me.