Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

Raheel

Photoshop Mod
Car(s)
BMW E46 318 CI
In the recent years I have been a member here, i have seen many topics being made about members' achievements. I thought it would be better if we had a single topic where everyone posted their achievements...

So go ahead and share your immense happiness which you would like to express to others... :D

Here I go...

I have been selected as a Brand Manager for Shell at City University. It is a programme which was first started in Paris. Now it has opened in 8 universities in London, each uni has two reps...

And I am one of the two rep :D ...

There is no pay but other rewards are priceless which include experience of working at Shell and also training programmes. We will also have fasttrack job applications i.e. direct interview if we decide to work there as a Graduate.

I am alive despite all the drugs I took as a youth, all the street racing I did and somehow managed to live while I watched my friends get killed, that I stayed out of prison unlike my friends, one of which is in prison for manslaughter, that I found the love of my life and did the correct thing and married her. I guess for me my greatest achievement is that I managed to survive.

<shrug>

I got a co-op term at a bank in Toronto. Banks are REALLY corporate. I learned 83 new acronyms today.

I got to see a bunch of the crazy server rooms with diesel backup power and like 10 air conditioning vents.

I also get national admin power for some stuff (#2 admin baby). :mrgreen:

jayhawk said:
I am alive despite all the drugs I took as a youth, all the street racing I did and somehow managed to live while I watched my friends get killed, that I stayed out of prison unlike my friends, one of which is in prison for manslaughter, that I found the love of my life and did the correct thing and married her. I guess for me my greatest achievement is that I managed to survive.
:cheers:

Er...I'm in Syracuse University. Mechanical Engineering. I'm a black belt in Shaolin Kempo Karate, and I recently became an Eagle Scout. Hey, I think I'm bragging, but it's fun! :mouse:

BlaRo said:
:cheers:

Er...I'm in Syracuse University. Mechanical Engineering. I'm a black belt in Shaolin Kempo Karate, and I recently became an Eagle Scout. Hey, I think I'm bragging, but it's fun! :mouse:

I wish I stayed in scouts. My dad was even a scoutmaster, and was a scoutmaster for my older brother.

I'm at the University of Melbourne doing Bachelor of Information Systems... black belt in taekwando. Thats all that I have now AFAIK... will edit post if I think of more :D

jayhawk said:

<shrug>

Wow. Can't say anything to that.

jayhawk, that by far is the best achievement in life..There is no price for Love and happiness.... Your post made me :cry:

Uhm... I suppose my best achievement recently was migrating one of the software applications (of the company I work for) from the old development environment to a current version, and eliminating an extensively used third party library in the process.
I have only been working with that application for less than a year.
All in all I modified over half (3000+) source code files of the application, and after a few months of testing, the testing department only found 2 bugs. :twisted:

I did a few weeks of "overtime" to accomplish this (worked 90+ hours in one week at one point), and they gave me a very nice bonus. :)

Also since I hardly used any PTO time so far this year, I have enough left to be able to take every Monday and Friday off in November and December, plus the days between x-mas and new-year. :banana:

I'm about 3 months away from finishing my PhD in Mechanical Engineering. I have had four papers accepted for publication so far, and I'm currently halfway through my fifth (last :woot: ).

Braggin is fun:

I got a 97 on my history of 20th century final exam and I only went to the very first class (and studied a few hours before the exam). I also did the same thing (94%) in Macro Economics while only going to the first class. 8)

ESPNSTI - those are crazy work hours.

Ultra_Kool_Dude said:
Braggin is fun:

I got a 97 on my history of 20th century final exam and I only went to the very first class (and studied a few hours before the exam). I also did the same thing (94%) in Macro Economics while only going to the first class. 8)

ESPNSTI - those are crazy work hours.

damn you UKD... I actually need to study to keep between H2 and H1 for microeconomics :(

Im doing what i have always wanted, working in Advertising so im happy everytime i drive to work and that is probably my biggest achievement. I have been working towards it most of my life, doing unpaied work when i was younger and getting a proper education. Im living my childhood dream (Kinda) and its a great feeling.

I recently graduated as an Informationmanager, and since September 1st I'm employed as a Business/Information Analyst at a major IT service company. That day they gave me a car (temporary vehicle, until my choice is approved, ordered and delivered) and a new laptop. :D So I'm pretty happy right now.

Wow... After reading all ur posts i feel umm i guess honoured to be around or atleast know you guys. Its crazy what some people have went thru. Makes me feel like im not the only one. jayjaya29 ur story is similar to mine. However i didnt get into any drugs but all the friends that i had at one point went to jail for killing some guy. Most of them are still in there dont have an idea when theyre getting out, dont even no if they'll remember me. I thought i found the love of my life. I still love her but things happen along the way.

I have just started university. yesterday was my first ever lecture. Big day for me - it was microeconomics, the class. Im still nervous yet i just want to get university over with get a job and start living my life. im good at hockey have alot of trophies but those things dont satisfy me. not that im selfish or anything it just doesnt make me feel comfortable or it doesnt tell me that i have dont something in life that i should be proud of. all the guys i ever called friends or my "Boys" either move away or something happens that moves us further apart. so at this point im not really proud of anything ive done.

But theres just one thing that makes me feel good inside, and that is when my parents donated some money to a charity. two weeks later, we get a call from this lady, who told us that half of the money went to help a blind girl recover from her illness and the other half went to a family of 4 kids who didnt have a father, so that helped them out with their rent, food, etc. For some of you guys its pretty lame. but for me outta all the things ive ever done for anyone or myself. i think this deed is my greatest achievement. Hopefully one day i'll be rich, if not well-off but watever the case i will help those who struggle in life.

-Mojo-

mojo_786 said:
Wow... After reading all ur posts i feel umm i guess honoured to be around or atleast know you guys. Its crazy what some people have went thru. Makes me feel like im not the only one. jayjaya29 ur story is similar to mine. However i didnt get into any drugs but all the friends that i had at one point went to jail for killing some guy. Most of them are still in there dont have an idea when theyre getting out, dont even no if they'll remember me. I thought i found the love of my life. I still love her but things happen along the way.

-Mojo-

Not me, that was Jayhawk's story.

ioynerien said:
I recently graduated as an Informationmanager, and since September 1st I'm employed as a Business/Information Analyst at a major IT service company. That day they gave me a car (temporary vehicle, until my choice is approved, ordered and delivered) and a new laptop. :D So I'm pretty happy right now.

so did you do Information Systems as well?