Post your Achievements - New Jobs, Academic......

i graduated as graduate bachelor in informatics (programming as they say) and although i hardly attended 1/4th of the lessons in college, i never had to double a year, pretty proud about that myself to be honest 8) (passing rates were around 50%)

but once i was finished school, i couldn't stand programming anymore, and am now driving around in a car, from home to home, installing adsl and voip telephones, but in the near future that'll change to installing alarm installations

i guess i should get some evening classes or sth...

Some amazing answers! Helps to explain the maturity of the regulars here.

For me, a few small things, but one thing in particular, there was one mate who managed to hit a real low during Uni, who was close to failing. Helped him work through it, and the two of us graduated June 2005. I am proud of him, and keep in touch with him whenever I can now. He's now in a good job and seems quite happy with life.

Myself, I had trouble getting employment, but then stumbled on an Aerospace production job (I'm an Aerospace Engineer) about 7 months ago. That job is actually why I've never been on here. I averaged 70 hour weeks, and 12 hours of commuting each week. It was really hard work, but really really worth it. I changed a few procedures there (I was a contractor, so had no problems raising my voice and getting things done at times! :twisted: ) and was pretty instrumental in taking them out of their large deficit in the 6 months I was there. Close to the end they offered me a well paid management job. (I'd ended up doing some managing stuff at that company...)

Unfortunately (for them, fortunate for me) I'd already accepted a position at the Uni I'm now at (Cranfield Uni in England) for a PhD in Aerospace (CFD). Only a few weeks into it, but wondering already if I made the right choice, but then I think that I'm not sure I want to move to management just yet...

So yeah, I guess that's my achievements so far. Oh, and I've already got one of my dream cars, a Mk1 MR2. :)

:shock: Aerospace Engineer, wow that's impressive.
My cousin is an aerospace engineer too, I think he did work for Boing and Fokker.

Never noticed this thread before...

Well 3 weeks ago i got a new job working for the largest ISP here in Greece called OTENET which curently holds 53% of the market share here. I work in level 2 technical support which includes costumer support (mostly large companies and goverment infastructure) plus technical support for the company's own networks.The hours are a bit long but at least the money is ok so....
The problem is that our department works 24/7, 365 days a year which means we don't get a lot of days off and have to work 2 weekends a month which is not very good because I am also i working on getting my computer engineering degree from my university and it's going to take a little bit more time than i expected but what can you do...

Anyway that's all from me :wave:

There's my degrees (AA, BA), my job, my house, etc. but mainly I'm proud of these:
l39.jpg

Thomas Jr., Emily, and Claire
The girls can be stressful at times, but for the most part they are excellent, well behaved children. :thumbsup:

TechZ said:
Doing my MBA now, started working at a Bank in June, bought a Civic, my first car too. Guess thats about it.

Shoulda bought mine, I would have given you a good deal :p

Oh wait, you're across the big pond...nevermind.

Me - I bought a house, just got married, and am working full time. Nothing special.

No, you fool! Run, run far, far away... :p

neh, i've been wanting this for over 3 years now, but we never had the money or financial security to support a kid

After me, my girlfriend got a long-term job-contract so we can finally go and try to have a baby :D

She gets a long term contract and the first thing she does is go on maturnity leave? Have some work ethic. ;)

I have achieved nothing in my life... sweet salvation when will you come?

Hmm, biggest thing... Dunno. So far I'd say the "physikum" a couple of weeks ago. I had to redo anatomy because the dude who did my exam half a year ago totally fucked me... (telling stuff that wouldn't be in the exam but actually was...)
Now I'm "cand. med. dent. Buba" Well, actually my real name ;-) University is way more fun now... And lots of work. Last week was a rather intense 60 hour week with a couple of hours even on Saturday, this and next are better.
I even got to do the first dental medicine things on a real person (my GF and a colleouge) but it was only checking out the situation in the mouth...

^ Awesome Roman :).