Post your animated GIFs thread (56k takes a bus)

hansvonaxion

Car(s)
Legacy GT-B
That is Italian television at its finest, thank you Silvio!

Keep the red blobs coming like it means something!

You've almost convinced me that MMA is gay and sending secret, spite-filled little messages over the internet is the true test of manhood!

Reactions: MWF

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300
Are you trying to alienate and annoy the entire forum? You are acting like a child that is told not to touch something, so you are holding your finger as close as possible while screaming "I'm not touching it! I'm not touching it!"

Jay

the fool on the hill
Dude.

DUDE.

Just put him on ignore and walk away from it. It's the whole battles versus war.

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Where are those from? I mean the player and the match.

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Quite hard?

If that's from yesterday, damn some people are quick.

the Interceptor

I LUV MY PRIUS!!!
Car(s)
VW Diesel of Death
modern torpedos are serious business! :blink:
It's not connected to the age of the torpedo, actually. They just found out that they can do much more damage when they detonate the torpedo not on contact with the ship's hull, but right below it. The hull can not withstand the punctual structural load the expanding explosion below it creates, so the ship gets lifted out of the water momentarily and simply breaks in half.

Krinkov

Car(s)
04 STI, 07 Corvette, 79 911SC, 72 240Z
It's not connected to the age of the torpedo, actually. They just found out that they can do much more damage when they detonate the torpedo not on contact with the ship's hull, but right below it. The hull can not withstand the punctual structural load the expanding explosion below it creates, so the ship gets lifted out of the water momentarily and simply breaks in half.
Oh I know all about it, its a Mk 48 torpedo, explodes right at center keel, ships up to and including carriers break in half under their own weight ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_48_torpedo

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300
The really scary thing about the Mk 48 is the programmable guidance system. You can send the torpedo out on a preset course at slow speed (or tell it to swim in circles) while listening for a specific sound signature at a given depth. So if you think a sub will be passing through a strait in the next hour you can leave a couple patrolling torpedos that will ignore surface traffic and only attack that particular class of sub. Or you can tell it to ignore the fishing boats and only go after the Destroyer.