"Post Your Car" Forum Rules -- PLEASE READ!

Status
Not open for further replies.
you guys know what I drive, a VW 1300 "late looker" (signature).
Prolly building a 1776cc engine with double Dellorto/Webers this winter....

And I almost forgot, I'm buying another car this week:
http://img207.imageshack.**/img207/5429/81pz0.jpg

1985 Golf II, 90hp, 1.6L, almost rustfree. $900 - so it's quite cheap. There is alot left of this car, it'll last a few years I'm sure ... but I'm only buying it cuz I'm putting awau the Beetle for the winter... )Poor "Molly")

haz

That's a VERY interesting wheel arrangement!:D

Then I'd only have to pay like $1000/mo for insurance. :lol:
Yeah, I'd imagine insurance rates are pretty high when you don't even have a license... :lol:

Yeah, I'd imagine insurance rates are pretty high when you don't even have a license... :lol:

Heh. Actually, insurance would be $100/mo for me for a normal car if I got a license. ;)

Jasonchui's R34 comes to mind ..... hahahah....

haz
rofl that was a laugh :lol:

Don't do it!! Unless you seriously don't care about driving manuals.

I know when you're young you'd do anything to get into a car, and would settle for any version. However, after a few weeks the joy melts away and you are left with a second rate car that you end up resenting.

Wait around until the version you want comes around. I was looking for a manual version of my car for six weeks until I found the perfect one in the paper. Now I couldn't be happier.8)

Well, actually, it's been 5.5 years since I bought the car, and I'm getting ready to buy a new one. I can't bear to let this one go though, it's given me nothing but love:p
Yeah recently, I've been wondering about the whole manual thing. I've been driving an auto on my L's and my family don't own any manuals I can use. I might get driving lessons in one and then get my Provisional licence on a manual. From my friends who have gotten cars, I hear it's not too difficult to make the switch to a manual although parking can be difficult...

And my English teacher has a Magna and it's in this limey green colour with different hubcaps (like the car Haz posted). We call it the "Fagna" :p

I know what you mean! It took my dad three months to find a Nissan Maxima (also white) with a manual transmission. He ended up buying it from half-way across the country (which is a long way when the country is Canada :D) because that was pretty much the only one he could find. Don't settle! It may take a while to find just the right car, but it's well worth it!
Yeah definately worth the wait. My parents always factory order their cars as it's virtually impossible to find exactly what they want in stock. It takes a looong time (4-5 months from Germany to Sydney) but it's better in the longrun and can make it easier to sell afterwards.

^SL, it depends on the suburb you take your test in, according to my instructor, if you take your test in some suburb less populated areas, you pretty much own the road and there isn't many places to stop and such so manual and auto is pretty much the same. In where I'm going to take my test, there is heavy traffic, a @(*# load of stop signs and some hill parking which makes manual abit harder, but it still shouldn't be too hard with practice.

That's a VERY interesting wheel arrangement!:D

yes thx to the previous owner... the front rims are quite nice, and for an extra $100 they follow the car.

haz

Yeah recently, I've been wondering about the whole manual thing. I've been driving an auto on my L's and my family don't own any manuals I can use. I might get driving lessons in one and then get my Provisional licence on a manual. From my friends who have gotten cars, I hear it's not too difficult to make the switch to a manual although parking can be difficult...

Yeh im on my L's aswell and ive been learning in my dads auto and my mums manual. Let me tell you, the manual is so much better to drive, you have more feel over what you are doing and i feel more confident in a manual than i do in an auto. Its a bit of a pain in the ass when you first hop in the manual but i got the hang of it quite quickly.

As for doing the test, im planning on doing it on an auto because the area i will be in is hell for a learner in a manual :p

And hopefully ill have my car just after Christmas if all goes to plan. No idea what to look for though :sad: maybe a lambo? hehe :p

Parking? Parking with a manual is no more difficult than with an auto.

And yes, learn to drive manual, you won't regret it.

Yeh im on my L's aswell and ive been learning in my dads auto and my mums manual. Let me tell you, the manual is so much better to drive, you have more feel over what you are doing and i feel more confident in a manual than i do in an auto. Its a bit of a pain in the ass when you first hop in the manual but i got the hang of it quite quickly.

As for doing the test, im planning on doing it on an auto because the area i will be in is hell for a learner in a manual :p

And hopefully ill have my car just after Christmas if all goes to plan. No idea what to look for though :sad: maybe a lambo? hehe :p

I don't know about SA or NSW but I know down here in VIC, if you take the test in an auto, you'll just end up with an Auto license and you won't be able to drive a Manual car, at least for the times you're on your P's

Nah, here you can do the test in either and you will be able to drive a manual.

Unless i was told wrong, i might go check it up..

Last edited:
I don't know about SA or NSW but I know down here in VIC, if you take the test in an auto, you'll just end up with an Auto license and you won't be able to drive a Manual car, at least for the times you're on your P's
That's the same as here...

if u do the test in an auto u can only drive an auto until you are on ure green P's in NSW

I think it'll be good if we ONLY allow YOUR car to be posted...not your parents or families etc etc...

I wish I owned a car :sad: Hopefully by January :D

what if your not old enough to have a car (e.g 14) but your parents do? can you post their car then?

what if your not old enough to have a car (e.g 14) but your parents do? can you post their car then?

I think that's exactly what should not be posted - you should at least be the major driver of a car for posting it in here, hence the title post YOUR car. (People do not only comment the cars by their personal point of view about them but also have specified questions only a driver will be able to answer)

Meh...

If you want to post it - put in brackets [parents car(s)] in the thread title ;) Just because you don't drive, doesn't mean you should be prohibited to post pics of your parents car on this forum aye.

^Make a new thread so we don't clutter this thread ;)

NICE Esprit btw!

Rules updated. See first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.