Post your computer desk

Just got the stand a couple of days ago, I'll probably figure something out.

Since I've moved back to CA from IL, the desk/workspace I've been using (the widescreen montior is new :) ) :

IMG_1580.JPG

IMG_1581.JPG

I plan on changing the desk in due time (next 6 months or so) but this will work for now. I know it's not the nicest...

So it took a bit longer than 6 months but we finally upgraded the area a bit...

IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2697.jpg

IMG_2698.jpg

For those curious as to which Ikea items I used:
-2x Akerby kitchen countertops ($99 ea.)
-2x Kallax Shelf ($35 ea.)
-1x Alex Drawers ($75 ea.) (My gf insisted on this unit otherwise I would've used another Kallax)

Yes, the stupid red chair is still there but it will be gone soon, just saving some money for the one I want (Steelcase Cobi). I will also add a keyboard/mouse tray at some later date. Ignore the old black Ikea Expedit shelf on the far left, that will be moved, repainted, and utilized elsewhere.

So it took a bit longer than 6 months but we finally upgraded the area a bit...

IMG_2696.jpg

IMG_2697.jpg

IMG_2698.jpg

For those curious as to which Ikea items I used:
-2x Akerby kitchen countertops ($99 ea.)
-2x Kallax Shelf ($35 ea.)
-1x Alex Drawers ($75 ea.) (My gf insisted on this unit otherwise I would've used another Kallax)

Yes, the stupid red chair is still there but it will be gone soon, just saving some money for the one I want (Steelcase Cobi). I will also add a keyboard/mouse tray at some later date. Ignore the old black Ikea Expedit shelf on the far left, that will be moved, repainted, and utilized elsewhere.

I like the red chair there IMO...:)

It does look good but my god is it uncomfortable. It's hard to sit in it for more than 30 minutes.

Update on my work/office desk, now that I have permanently moved down to "The Dungeon"...

img-0003-1-14359.JPG

Picture taken with a potato.

Yeah, it's a mess. I don't care. :p

Home desk still looks pretty much the same, except for a Boss Mustang that has taken residency below my monitors where the clock used to be.

...oh, I also replaced the printer that's under the desk and I have Gojira guarding the tower along with three police cruisers. :lol:
(I'll update when I get home.)

Last edited:
That looks about right for someone who works in IT, some hard disks missing their machine with the dreaded plastic rail things on them that I assume are from HP desktops but look like the ones we have in our Dell boxes, tons of keyboards and laptops and a stray graphics card on there too. :lol:

Anyway I've finally moved my stuff at home upstairs to me new desk, meet Fredde.

2014-12-03 19.28.30.jpg
Server on the left with gigabit switch on top, main machine on the right
2014-12-03 19.29.01.jpg

Funny enough, I recently moved desks again at the office. Don't think I'll post a picture of it since not much has changed...

:p

Wow, this thread still lives...
DSC_2923.jpg

After 4 years of deskless couchlaptopping, I decided to reinstate my desk in one end of the family room/ guest bedroom upstairs. Currently, it is lacking a USB3 docking station that should arrive later this month, and the second monitor it enables.

Wow, this thread still lives...
DSC_2923.jpg

After 4 years of deskless couchlaptopping, I decided to reinstate my desk in one end of the family room/ guest bedroom upstairs. Currently, it is lacking a USB3 docking station that should arrive later this month, and the second monitor it enables.
Where the fuck am I supposed to sleep now?

New Dells, had to rearrange a few things, I need a nicer desk, but then I need a nicer place, so that will have to wait. Comfy layout though, and so nice to finally have at least 2 matching screens. I don't think I can get away with reusing the 22 anywhere at the moment.

cZ5StOO.jpg

I'm not a computer nerd, so... only one PC (about 6 years old) and one monitor :D

16255112732_e355fc81c1_o.jpg

I'm not a computer nerd, so... only one PC (about 6 years old) and one monitor :D

16255112732_e355fc81c1_o.jpg

And Windows Vista. :|

Jk, I recently went back to Vista. It's not bad and gets the job done (I don't use my computer much, my dad does though).

And Windows Vista. :|

Jk, I recently went back to Vista. It's not bad and gets the job done (I don't use my computer much, my dad does though).

what the shit? yes it is and no it doesn't. what have you been smoking? :D

As I said: I am not a computer nerd. That means I once set up the OS to my liking, followed some tips from experts and then left it alone ;)

So Vista works fine with me. It is reliable and steady. Also I'm using the Windows Mail program, which isn't integrated in Windows 7 anymore. We have Windows 7 at work and I really don't like the user interface of it. I know I'm a minority but hey, at least I know I am not alone ;)

I know, though, that with a new PC I will have to use a new OS. I still have my copy of Windows 7 in the shelf here and could install it anytime, if I wanted to. I would do it before I have to use Windows 8, that is for sure. But I hope I can use this PC long enough to wait until Microsoft brings out another good OS again.

Edit: Update! I re-arranged and cleaned all the cable stuff and put it in order. And put the PC on the table for better access. Also: New printer.

16299280531_c41e9a0a3f_o.jpg

Last edited: