Post your computer desk

how can you stand sitting so closely in front of such a massive TV? way too much of moving your head especially for playing shooters o_O also since it will "only" be full HD, won't you actually be able to see the pixels and whatnot? i haven't actually tried it, but i can only imagine i'd hate it.

lol no. You only move your eyes, just like with any size monitor.

He thinks that by increasing the screen size he'll actually see more. Silly man. I have more realestate with 2 22" screens than you will with 1 60". And the image is a lot sharper, since the pixels are teeny tiny.

Silly, silly.

Quite the opposite, Im running a 1080p 50". the ideal viewing distance is actually 5 feet 6 inches, Im sitting right at about 5 feet, Its actually the further back you sit, the less resolution you see.
http://carltonbale.com/1080p-does-matter

lol no. You only move your eyes, just like with any size monitor.

Quite the opposite, Im running a 1080p 50". the ideal viewing distance is actually 5 feet 6 inches, Im sitting right at about 5 feet, Its actually the further back you sit, the less resolution you see.
http://carltonbale.com/1080p-does-matter

ah alright, 5 feet is a bit more than your typical desk-situation would give you, i thought you sat closer. i am less than 3 feet away from my screens, at that distance a 50" would annoy you as well i think :p

http://img204.imageshack.**/img204/995/img20110915184405.jpg

My new (literally, I moved the table upstairs today) setup. Only thing missing is the 2.1 Dell/Harmon-Kardon speaker set I got from work. Gotta decide if I'll use it or not.

Yeah L Shaped desks are awesome. :p

Anyway; my new desk here at uni. Essentially when I arrived all that was here was the white desk, which is pathetically small. It was completely gobbled up by my computer, leaving no space to breathe or have paper etc on it for schoolwork. So I found the black desk; second hand but in top notch condition for only ?30. Absolutely perfect now :)

photo.JPG

I have those same shoes.

Also, why is your phone handset not connected?

I have those same shoes.

Also, why is your phone handset not connected?

If I had to guess, part of it is hooked to a headset box.

I can see a picture of you and Ms. Mustang. You two are icky elves, you know that? Always so lovely dovey cute, makes me want to puke. ;)

I 'm kidding. I am happy for you both.

I can see a picture of you and Ms. Mustang. You two are icky elves, you know that? Always so lovely dovey cute, makes me want to puke. ;)

Aww - thank you. :)

P.S. Been wondering if I should change my username to Mustang Girl for some time now. Seems more appropriate. :think:

Reactions: Jay
I would think the picture of black gets quite depressing at times.

Quite the opposite, Im running a 1080p 50"

No, IceBone is completely correct. 1080p is not much screen real-estate at all. Doesn't matter how physically large the screen is, or where you sit, it's still only about 2 million pixels to work with (1920 x 1080, ignoring overscan issues that arise from trying to use a television as a computer display). That's less screen space than my laptop has.

Dual 22" widescreen monitors is 3.5 million pixels of usable space. Heck, even a single 30" monitor (not television) is double the real-estate that your 1080p television is giving you (2560 x 1600 = 4,096,000 pixels)

Last edited:

Agreed, the twitter banter between the two of them is some of the most cute and endearing stuff i've ever seen.

It's to remind me of what my soul will become after working there for too long.
You need to change that to a picture of a TARDIS with Ms Mustang saying "Come Along Clegko"

One of the many desks at work that I sit at. Taken before we open.

jbk32fKv8iZZ37.jpg