Post your computer desk

Doesn't really matter which desktop, they all have the same problem of hardware support.

If you check your hardware, or buy it from a manufacture who preloads Linux it isn't a problem. Anyway, I think I sent things a bit too off topic in this thread. If you want to continue I'll take part in a new thread.

Nope and nope. Landline audio quality is firmly stuck in the 19th century.

Unless it is ISDN.

Nope and nope. Landline audio quality is firmly stuck in the 19th century.
Still, it sounds clearer in almost every case in my personal experience. My guess is, however, that's because the mobile phones have shitty microphones and speakers, not because of the transmission.

A coworker had her son call her through FaceTime(facetime, audio only) and she couldn't believe how clear the audio is. It's not the phones.

You mentioned Facetime so I'm not trying to start anything but I might suspect Apple pays more attention to audio quality than other makers.

Still, it sounds clearer in almost every case in my personal experience. My guess is, however, that's because the mobile phones have shitty microphones and speakers, not because of the transmission.

The phone has to support it, and the network on both sides. But when you have stuff that supports it, the quality is ridiculously good. When I call my wife when we both have 4G reception, it's literally like she's standing next to me. The limiting dfactor here is motly cheap phones, and cheap phone providers unwilling to invest in their networks (which afaik Germany has an abundance of).

Bitch, your 17-inch 4:3 screen looks ridiculous...

20150216_135803.jpg

I have voive over IP ever since I upraded to V-DSL and I cannot complain about the sound quality. No single glitch so far.

Working in a company that contains several service centers, though, I can asure you that the quality of mobile phones is still lightyears behind landlines. Sometimes a customer has to call us back from home again because his mobile phone is just too crappy. Sometimes it's so bad that they sound like Stephen Hawking. I have had better calls into former Eastern Germany in the 1970's, than some of the calls from mobile phones these days. And I'm talking about wearing a headset with brilliant sound quality.

I have no idea about the technical reasons for it, mind you. I am just telling from experience.

That novelty HDD mouse looks really uncomfortable to use. :p

One question about your Logitech G25, are your buttons on the wheel both still working 100% fine? Mine sometimes won't work, or only when I press them very hard... a friend of mine has that problem too, we both own it now four roughly 6 years. A bit annoying, sometimes it makes me wanna go and grab a G27. :|

Well, i had to clean right button, since it had a burst of pepsi there (don't ask) So when my shiftercable collapsed, i disassembled whole thing (also sawn-off plastic under the steeringshaft so cover could be lifted without detaching the whole wheel again) and cleaned/greased it with molyspray.

Left button still works perfectly fine, no repairings whatsoever.

Shifter had it's bending wires (the ones, conected to resistors on the lever's bottom) replaced, due to wear (yeh, them geurz didn't want to engage, just like in real cars, lol)

Pedals are indestructable, compared with ACT-labs system.

Also, no resistors been flicking yet. (Which is very cool, cause it's been like... over 7 years of "Grind, cluck and stomp!")

Last edited:
Oh, don't get me started on flickering... <_< I use like 50% of my throttle (25% deadzone, 50% active, 25% deadzone) because it flickers A LOT. I hate it...

Hmh... your mileage must be like... ten times more than mine :p

[oh yeah!, and...]

It's Logitech, so they all are optical. Try to dismount them and clean sensors.

Last edited:
It's Logitech, so they all are optical. Try to dismount them and clean sensors.

I already did, only helps for a short amount of time. :( It comes back quickly, gonna have to buy a new potentiometer.

So what do you do with a vacuum cleaner....

Sh-shh! It's a guard bot. After the curfew it drives outa it's place and anihilates everything that moves in the corridors.

While looking innocent, thoose things aren't to be fooled with :blink:

I already did, only helps for a short amount of time. :( It comes back quickly, gonna have to buy a new potentiometer.

Dang, i ran out of ideas. :|

My desk at work:
NyC7tgZ.jpg

Tech from left to right: iPad Mini, Samsung Chromebook, Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E430

This office does not have a dedicated imaging rack so I have 2 extra eithernet cables and power cords for both laptops and desktops so I can image 2 machines at once.

My desk is actually in the middle school's server room/tech storage side of the office. Behind me is a door to another section where our network admin and SIS admin work.

One of these days I'm going to get a under desk heater as it gets cold in the office due to the AC always being on.

My fellow building techs are across campus in our admin building. While their office is a bit smaller than ours, they have a imaging rack and can image like 8 laptops simultaneously.

Last edited:
Imagine the possibilities!