No 56k: Post Your Desktop!

Thanks folks!

Those are some mad phot-er painting skills going there Overheat :p

Last edited:
My favourite all female Estonian pop rock band!

wallpaperjuly07.jpg

The two on the left are hot. I think the third one is a dude.

And the one on the right is a conehead. :eek:

untitled.JPG

Yeah, I'm sticking with my Firefly theme. I have a different Firefly/Serenity wallpaper on each of my 3 computers, and one on my phone (with the theme song as a ringtone). You can also tell that I don't like a cluttered desktop - if I could delete the Recycle Bin I would do that too.

Thanks, but I just reformatted and I'm trying to screw with things as little as possible.

It would be nice if Microsoft just let you hide it.

Well, it's a super-light download, available from Microsoft's own website...without it being included with XP, this is as good as your going to get.

Thanks, but I just reformatted and I'm trying to screw with things as little as possible.

It would be nice if Microsoft just let you hide it.
Try right clicking on your desktop, go to "Arrange Icons By" and "unclick Show Desktop Icons". Works for me *shrug*

untitled.JPG

Yeah, I'm sticking with my Firefly theme. I have a different Firefly/Serenity wallpaper on each of my 3 computers, and one on my phone (with the theme song as a ringtone). You can also tell that I don't like a cluttered desktop - if I could delete the Recycle Bin I would do that too.
Easier thing would be to go to customize desktop, and change the icons to blank (there's 4 blank ones in the stock windows icon file) for both empty and full, then rename it to something like "."

I have all the icons on my desktop tucked away into folders, the icons of the folders changed to the blank ones and only little descriptions in place. the one for the bin is "[trash]", etc. Looks a lot more elegant.

http://img180.imageshack.**/img180/6486/screenshoteq9.png

New format...giving ubuntu a shot.
so far...:thumbsup:

Posting the image I'm using since I have no clue how to take a screenshot on XP, and my desktop is loaded with icons.

nightcrawler1024.jpg

Yeah, I'm a VG Cats fan. :razz:

Sorry. You 'don't know how to take a screenshot on XP'? Look at your keyboard. Right above the cluster where the 'Delete' button is, is the 'Prt Scr' button. Press it while on your desktop. Then open Paint. Then hit Ctrl and V. Then save it. Then host it. Then post it.

Sorry. You 'don't know how to take a screenshot on XP'? Look at your keyboard. Right above the cluster where the 'Delete' button is, is the 'Prt Scr' button. Press it while on your desktop. Then open Paint. Then hit Ctrl and V. Then save it. Then host it. Then post it.

Thank you for that.

Be sure you save the file as a .jpg - the default for Paint is .bmp for some unknown reason.