• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

No 56k: Post Your Desktop!

Carbon fiber is ugly. Well it's ok on real race cars but it looks lame on souped up versions of street cars (paint it dammit)

Drag%20Van%20Front.jpg

The whole front end of that Astrovan is carbon fibre. It's definely one of the coolest carbon fibre jobs I've seen - I'm a really big fan of total sleepers or vehicles that by all logic shouldn't be fast, but actually are.

It was done by a guy who has a shop in Surrey (near Vancouver). He's got an absolutey insane MkIII Supra which has been featured in Sport Compact Car. Anyways, check out his site if you are interested, he makes some pretty damn cool stuff: www.carbonfibrefx.com

It would be better if there wasn't tis fugly hoodscoop on it :wink: it's ugly and destroys the sleeper status

Renesis said:
It would be better if there wasn't tis fugly hoodscoop on it :wink: it's ugly and destroys the sleeper status

Ya, I'm not normally a fan of large hoodscoops, but when the vehicle needs the scoop for forced induction (as this van does) then it's more than justified! :mrgreen:

The driver of the van was in a wheelchair, so the van had a large\heavy wheel chair lift and hand controls in it... but, even with all that extra weight I think the van did the 1\4 mile somewhere in the mid 12's.

If a vehicle can churn out results like that it's aloud to have all the oversized hoodscoops and carbon fibre it wants. :p

my current, and one of many favorites, wallpaper.

SL_desktop_-2_small.jpg

8) AMG 8) AMG 8) AMG

zenon said:
Viper007Bond said:
Carbon fiber is cool

Even better than cool, carbon fibre is light!

A carbon fibre hood is a pretty good way to cut some uneeded extra pounds. Even though it's not going to be a signficant weight drop, with a car that is as race-oriented as the Mustang GT-R, they'd be past the point of cutting out pounds and on to cutting out grams. Every bit counts.

There's nothing wrong with carbon fibre itself - most amazing material ever. The Pagani Zonda's body is almost all carbon fibre - and that's a sexy car. I just don't like unpainted CF body parts - especially CF hoods on Honda Civic hatchbacks - looks so incredibly stupid, IMO. If you want a CF hood, at least paint it so it looks nice. The engine bay of that Viper is mad hot, and there CF looks cool. But not on exterior body parts and unpainted. Just my .02

I think it looks cool unpainted when it's actually useful to have CF.

Take for example a Civic - you loose X pounds when you put it on, and yet you still have heavy seats, carpeting, etc. So in that case, it's only for looks and therfore stupid.

I think it looks cool though unpainted on the Mustang 'cause the CF is actually on there to make a true difference. But yes, having it unpainted is just showing it off, but I do like the color contrast it makes on the Stang.

Viper007Bond said:

Take for example a Civic - you loose X pounds when you put it on, and yet you still have heavy seats, carpeting, etc. So in that case, it's only for looks and therfore stupid.

I think it looks cool though unpainted on the Mustang 'cause the CF is actually on there to make a true difference. But yes, having it unpainted is just showing it off, but I do like the color contrast it makes on the Stang.

You have a point there. I think we'll call a truce on this one :mrgreen: :D

Oh, yeah: :vickynice: :D :D

SiR_dude said:
Viper007Bond said:

You have a point there. I think we'll call a truce on this one :mrgreen: :D

Oh, yeah: :vickynice: :D :D

:lol: :lol:

My current desktop:

Click for fullsize.

After reading a very cool thread over at Dieselstation (http://forums.dieselstation.com/index.php?showtopic=3688) I started snooping around on GM and Ford's press media archives. There are some pretty damn hilarious images in their archives - anyone who enjoys high-res retro cheese should definetly check it out. You can find high-res images of just about any GM or Ford product you could possibly think of, from crazy 50s prototypes to 2005 Corvettes.

I really do wish we were driving the cars now that people in the 50s thought we would be driving in 2004. :p

well the panoramic roof and clear class roof is making way into some cars now, there were somewhat correct at predicting how cars would look.

well, except for cheesy "futuristic" looks which thankfully never made it to production.

very nice! where didi u get that or how can i make that??

nice, very dramatic, in ur fuckin face wallpaper. :eek: :lol:

here's my new one just changed from the one at the top of this page.
i love this color and interior color, if i were to get an SLK it would look like this,

all_black2.jpg

very inviting isn't it?! :)

you all have desktops all over the place, i kinda hate it. mine is always a smaller pick centered on screen

why do i post this?