No 56k: Post Your Desktop!

cool

New one as I just saw the Mustang GT-R. :D

(Clicky for fullsize)

too rice, im an ashamed american. :(

What is with people saying it looks rice? So having a spoiler automatically makes it rice? So now all race cars that have spoilers and aerodynamic improvements are rice? That would make F1 cars rice..

My point is that ricers are a shiity attempt at copying a race car and you can't really blame a race car for being similar to copy cats.

So does that make this a ricer too?

(I will ban you if you say yes...)

dodge_viper_srt-10_cc_1.jpg

Anyway, how could it be rice with balls as big as these? :twisted:

gtrconcept28.jpg

As long as the look reflects the perormance it's not rice.

From looking at that engine bay, there isn't an ounce of rice on that car! :p Furthermore, with a car like that, it probably needs the massive wing for downforce... definetly not rice.

Ah, thank you. Smart man. :)

I figured I had to say that to make up for my bad-mouthing the inefficency of SRT-10 based trucks\bikes etc. in the Vancouver Auto Show thread. :p

zenon said:
I figured I had to say that to make up for my bad-mouthing the inefficency of SRT-10 based trucks\bikes etc. in the Vancouver Auto Show thread. :p
:lol: There is more to life than fuel efficient cars and trucks you know. :p

You can have balls and a big V8 and still be rice..

rice is tasteless modification with shitty parts or just too many of them or stickerz...

The viper isn't rice but the stang well... it's borderline

having a black hood and orange body color and ridiculously unnecessary spoiler counts as rice. they spoiled the new mustang and thats why i said it was rice.

so what if it has balls or can perform, im talkin about looks, comon ppl, you dont see brabus , AMG or RUF ruining cars by making them look rice, Gemballa, Lorinser,and Hamann count as rice modifiers, in my book.

Althought I can't justify the paint, it's probably a black hood becuase it's carbon fibre... and a race tuned car with 500hp would require a large spoiler to have adequate downforce.

While I really like the fact that Ford is returning to some of the styling characteristics of their earlier Mustangs, does anyone else think the new Mustang is really starting to look like a Nissan Skyline GTR R34?

The similarities are even more obvious with this GTR tuned Mustang:
GTR-to-GTR.jpg

Looks mighty similar to me. :p

That's... what's her face.

And I linkified it 'cause it's so wide. ;)

justin syder said:
having a black hood and orange body color and ridiculously unnecessary spoiler counts as rice. they spoiled the new mustang and thats why i said it was rice.

so what if it has balls or can perform, im talkin about looks, comon ppl, you dont see brabus , AMG or RUF ruining cars by making them look rice, Gemballa, Lorinser,and Hamann count as rice modifiers, in my book.

Ditto on the hood probably being carbon fibre (which I think is overkill - not a big fan of CF hoods, personally). Yes, the wing is a little big, but Ford has somewhat of an excuse for it - the car does need some downforce. As far as the colour, I don't mind it, but I'd probably choose a different one if I could afford it.

I think we agree on what Renesis said first about tasteless modification. I like the body styling of the new 'Stang, but that one, well, I dunno. Not my cup of tea.

Carbon fiber is cool:

gtrconcept12.jpg

Even on a Viper:

srt10acr.jpg

srt10acr22.jpg

Viper007Bond said:
Carbon fiber is cool

Even better than cool, carbon fibre is light!

A carbon fibre hood is a pretty good way to cut some uneeded extra pounds. Even though it's not going to be a signficant weight drop, with a car that is as race-oriented as the Mustang GT-R, they'd be past the point of cutting out pounds and on to cutting out grams. Every bit counts.