Post your most cherished childhood toy.

Mindstorms_Box.jpg

I still have mine, but I need to get an old computer running Win 98 or below to use the software again <_<

I've got one of those. I need to post up my 4x4 dual motor truck with gear reduction boxes that I made from that set.

That mindstorm set was probably partly responsible for me taking up engineering :lol:

We had a robotics project in 2nd year uni, and having the kit was uber-handy.

Here's my token "huge pile of stuffed animals" pic. My roommate did this in the living room of our apartment while I was away, so haha.

n904680710_1570704_276.jpg

(Since then, the bigger blue bunny has now gone to live in one of my professors' offices, where it sits on a shelf and pretends to smoke a hookah that prof brought back from somewhere in the Middle East. The yellow bunny with the egg went to live with the lady I used to work for. I have more 'lumps, but the other half of the collection is at home.)

Last edited:
These are my boys:

Picture018.jpg

I named them Penguin and Seal. I was a very unoriginal kid.

I think I got them around the age of 2 or 3, my late grandfather who lived with us for 12 years bought them for me. I carried them everywhere and I slept with them until I was 15 years old. I used to take them on holidays as well, I remember losing Penguin once and was absolutely hysterical, luckily we retraced our steps and a nice shop assistant had Penguin sitting on a counter waiting for me.

They were the very first things I packed when our house was hit by a bushfire back in 2002, even before I packed clothes. They were cuddled through a lot of tearful nights (especially in my teenage years) and still feel so warm and comfortable even today.

Picture019.jpg

Last edited:
Classic lego , I had alot of town sets from the 80's-early 90's, the pic is from a 1984 catologue , the year witch for me was lego's absolute highpoint, I actualy had every set you see there I think .

1984ned_pg06.JPG

My daughter won a Lego-building contest today, which rather surprised me because she doesn't really play with Lego. Made me think of you guys in this thread :) . She built a model of the Miami skyline (she's never been- she did a research project for her gifted class). She's only 7 years old, so I'm extremely proud of her. She won a huge K'nex roller coaster set, so now we get to play with that. Yay!

Man, I remember those Lego cataloges.. I loved those things.. I transcribed a shitload of product numbers onto a wishlist. I had the police station and firestation from the page up there.

Apart from Legos, my most cherished toy was a stuffed bear which I named Oliver [got that from the label].

One the subject of blankies...here's something I just noticed from the "pic of yourself" thread:

n9200715_3106069_7930.jpg

...the white thing covering the bed I'm sitting on is Fowie Bankie (pronounced like that, because I apparently had an aversion to the letter "L" when I was little...maybe this explains all the sushi takeout now?).

It's still on my bed because giving up your super-soft baby blanket is for losers, man.

Last edited:
Classic lego , I had alot of town sets from the 80's-early 90's, the pic is from a 1984 catologue , the year witch for me was lego's absolute highpoint, I actualy had every set you see there I think .

1984ned_pg06.JPG

They made that helicopter for a longass time. Pretty sure I had one. Most of my sets I built once, then broke them down after a couple days and assimilated them into the huge bin. :lol:

I did the same thing with my Legos, than I would build something awesome over the winter.

One of my favourite toys from later on though was one of these: Crash Dummies!

ctd4.png

only mine was black.

this thing was cool, everything was spring loaded so you'd crash it and the doors would fly off, the roof gone, bonnet would crumple, wheels would fire off. it was hysterical!

I had those too. I hated the fact that the little plastic widgets attaching the limbs to the torso broke off, and I actually wrote the company/importer complaining about the figures and got new ones for free :lol:

Obviously this:
750px-C64c_system.jpg

:D

My daughter won a Lego-building contest today, which rather surprised me because she doesn't really play with Lego. Made me think of you guys in this thread :) . She built a model of the Miami skyline (she's never been- she did a research project for her gifted class). She's only 7 years old, so I'm extremely proud of her. She won a huge K'nex roller coaster set, so now we get to play with that. Yay!

Smart kids use Lego. That girl is going places!

Oh my gawd! I had completely forgotten about the existence of that. This is probably the first time I've seen or thought about it since childhood. Shit was cash!