Post your most cherished childhood toy.

Austere

Car(s)
Mercedes-Benz 280S
Mine is a monkey called Mr. Monkey. He's a monkey. He's older than I am but he's never left the house. He's a bit of shut-in. He smells old. He kind of smells like my parents old Beatles LP's.

Here he is laying in the cut:

Obviously I don't sleep with him anymore because I'm a grown-ass man. He lives in the cupboard and only comes out on extremely rare occasions, like when he wants to recline on my money-green leather sofa. Sometimes when I have an anxiety attack I like to hold him but don't tell anyone that, please, it'll ruin my credibility here.

I guess I'm not entirely sure why I've kept him all these years... I'm sure a lot of people threw theirs away when they got to that age where they wanted to be all 'adulty' and they were bucking anything juvenile. I still remember when I pulled down my Ninja Turtle posters and put up a picture of a girl in her underpants... but I always kept Mr. Monkey.

Now post yours so that I don't look like a complete schmuck here!:D

Last edited:
my friends...

my parents build a house in a fresh residential zone, so everybody build their house at the same time, and everyone had kids at the same time.

so in every house, there is someone around my age. and since it's a dead end road, no traffic, and we were always all playing on the streets, climbing trees, ... those are the memories i have from my childhood, can't say there are many toys i remember though

and i've never had a teddybear...they are for girls :p

PS: maybe my meccano. i played a lot with that. but ruined it cutting up parts to build a pc into a briefcase for my brother

Last edited:
Huh? Teddy bears aren't for girls. Every guy I've ever known had one. I'm really sorry you never gone one bone. You should pick one up, just to have. Everyone deserves a teddy bear.

Anyway, this is old Suzi bear and new Suzi bear.
100_3764.jpg

I found new Suzi randomly one day back in college and bought her since the old one is rather ratty. Old Suzi lives on the top shelf in my closet and new Suzi lives in the bottom drawer of my nightstand, you know, just in case. :) My Miss Dolly and Tenderheart bear (smaller, much more worn version of this) from when I was very little are still at my parents' house as well as my special blanket with my name on it.

ArsenalGreenRoofDirt.jpg

:p

I had one of these in blue, it is the hindustan ambassador (Morris Oxford III ) .
3881844976_7481f75063.jpg
The wheels and the lights have come off, I fitted new wheels which came off a tape deck,( the small rubber wheel that pulls the tape). It is lying at home, back in my country, I would like to carry it, but fear losing it during my travels.

And a set of screwdrivers, I have opened almost all the electronic devices in the house with those.

http://img29.imageshack.**/img29/9299/majorettegiulietta.jpg

The Majorette-made Alfa Romeo Giulietta, I guess. Mine had lost most of its paint the last time I saw it.

Yeah, having nothing but cold steel to play with as a small child will ensure that you turn into a real man.

Anyway, this is old Suzi bear and new Suzi bear.
100_3764.jpg
They look cute and snuggly.:D

I found new Suzi randomly one day back in college and bought her since the old one is rather ratty. Old Suzi lives on the top shelf in my closet and new Suzi lives in the bottom drawer of my nightstand, you know, just in case. :) My Miss Dolly and Tenderheart bear (smaller, much more worn version of this) from when I was very little are still at my parents' house as well as my special blanket with my name on it.
As I was saying before, I've only seen one other monkey like mine. I was strolling through the mall one day and some kid in a pram cruised by with his arm around one but it was a larger size than mine.

Monkey was pretty much the only thing I really couldn't be without and had to sleep with when I was really little. I never had a blanky but my older sister did. She'd drag it around all the time until it was just a strand and then it just kind of whithered away completely.

Also, I had tons of Matchbox cars and Hot Wheels when I was a kid. Tons! And I loved them all and played with them all the time. But over the years I smashed them all with a claw hammer or squished them in a vice for fun. Sometimes I'd use a ball peen hammer. I don't have any of the original ones left. I bought a few more recently but they don't count.

Last edited:
Ohhh, I'm gonna have to dig through old pics for this. :wub:

Um, mine's...

< Her! (The bunny...not me.)

Her name is Coco Bunny. I <3 this bunny so much that she tends to be my screenname for places. Most of all, though, she's soft, cuddly, and adorable. (Even though she's got a large hole in her head now.)

poochie.jpg

This is Poochie. I've had him since I was about 5 years old. He used to belong to my cousin, but she was going away to school and gave him to me, so I estimate him at about 30 years old. He's a Shar Pei dog, and he's had a rough life. His missing ear tip was an act of terrorism perpetrated by my older sister, his crooked nose the result of being chewed by my aunt's pit bull, and he has a shabby coat because one year my family took a trip to Las Vegas and I thought he'd be hot without a haircut. I tried to do the cool parent thing and give him to my daughter, but she has a favorite toy (a red monkey) and I thought Poochie needed better looking after, so he still sleeps in my bed. My husband hates that.

Lego Galactic Mediator

6984-1.jpg

Got it on 7th birthday. Simply the best Lego set of all time. By now i think I've lost 95% of the pieces.

^ Old school Legos ftw!

I loved my Lego sets more than any of my other toys (I don't count die-cast cars as toys) and these were my favorites when I was 10-12:

8880 - big car with working 4-speed tranny, 4WD, 4WS
8880.jpg

5581 - van + speedboat on a trailer - I built quite a lot of own designs from this and my other non-Technic sets
5581-1.jpg

I still have the complete sets, the completed 8880 car is displayed in my room at my parents' house.

I'd say Lego. My mother obviously never understood the point, she always complained how the models made by the instructions were taken down and were built to something completely different and way more awesome. Tecnic Lego and motor = all kinds of awesome things.

Also, I had tons of Matchbox cars and Hot Wheels when I was a kid. Tons! And I loved them all and played with them all the time. But over the years I smashed them all with a claw hammer or squished them in a vice for fun. Sometimes I'd use a ball peen hammer. I don't have any of the original ones left. I bought a few more recently but they don't count.

I had literally thousands. Tried to count once. Until recently they still filled a very large bin in the closet but I gave them away to a young cousin.

I also had a bit of a Thomas the Tank Engine binge, and had a pretty cool wooden track setup at one point.

But the only thing I still have from that long ago is my copy of Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins. And the battery save still works!

I'd have to post it in the NSFW forum.

Apple II
appleii-system.jpg

Actually, it wasn't an Apple II, but a clone that was labeled "Plato".
Used it since the early eighties, and I mostly played games such as Wolfenstein, Karateka, Star Trek and a F1 Monaco GP racing game (I think it was maybe Night Driver).
I also messed around with it a lot, poking around in the system ROM, changing the default beep sound, and trying to boot it in to graphics mode, etc...

Lot of LEGO lovers around here! Glad to see I'm not alone. I think my most cherished set would be:

6339-1.jpg

I have many fond memories of my dad and I building this together. We even rigged up power functions so the tower would automatically raise the shuttle to the launch pad.

jamesons.gif

I never got the Lego Seaport I always asked for :cry:

I had a blue big-wheel trike since I was about 4. I used it so much, and did so many burnouts, that the front wheel got worn through. I have no idea what happened to it. I don't think we got rid of it, it might still be hanging around in the loft somewhere.

Behind that probably Legos. Still got a box of 'em. My first set ever was a racing car.

Last edited:
'k, pics found. Coco Bunny = my favorite toy of all time...ever. She's a purple Puffalump bunny and yes, I still sleep with her.

Coco back in the day:
n9200715_31035876_1610.jpg

far left here:
n9200715_31955559_3968.jpg

Coco now:
n9200715_36013566_6336.jpg

She has a pretty sizable hole in her head, so my grandma and I made her a hat. The purple bunny on the far right of this picture the closest lookalike I've been able to find to Coco. Fisher-Price made the same lilac Easter bunny with two different kinds of lace. Fluffy Bunny, Eater of Souls (far left of pic), is essentially the same bunny as Coco but with the other kind of lace:
19341_470229700710_904680710_11117943_4470376_n.jpg

Coco had to have a hair "transplant" my freshman year because I gave her a haircut when I was little. One of my friends did that and sewed up the head hole into the smaller, less "OMG GIANT FACE HOLE!" one that's there now. (I pretty much fail at sewing.)

< knows entirely too much about Puffalumps and their epic awesomeness

Last edited: