Post your most cherished childhood toy.

LEGOS! They are awesome. :cool:

Lot of LEGO lovers around here! Glad to see I'm not alone. I think my most cherished set would be:

http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/images/6339-1.jpg

I have many fond memories of my dad and I building this together. We even rigged up power functions so the tower would automatically raise the shuttle to the launch pad.

I never got that. :mad: I had the one with carrier-plane tough. :)

Yup, I had that one too. Nice set, that one.

I guess I should say "have." I still have all my LEGOs and the direction books for all my sets.

^ Old school Legos ftw!

I loved my Lego sets more than any of my other toys (I don't count die-cast cars as toys) and these were my favorites when I was 10-12:

8880 - big car with working 4-speed tranny, 4WD, 4WS
8880.jpg

I also had this... and modified it in a thousand ways and so on.

Lego were by far my favorite toys :)

Harumph! You weenies with your Lego sets. In *my* day, we didn't have sets - we had to use our imagination and build whatever we could dream up with our Legos!:p

I even made a Lego boat once - it floated, but had a severe list to port. That's how I learned about the principle of ballast.

I built a Lego gun once, by using a spring.
It would shoot straight through relatively thick cardboard if you compressed the spring enough.

Last edited:
My stuffed toy is somewhere in the attic, but this was a long favourite:

288994892_77aa6a4122_o.jpg

Starcom.

https://pic.armedcats.net/m/ma/magnet/2010/02/03/StarcomIndexPic1a.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/ma/magnet/2010/02/03/StarbaseCommandMIB1a.jpg

No batteries, just gears and springs and magnets n shit. Witchcraft I tell ya.

Also, for some reason I loved this Finnish made Stahlberg Toyota Corolla. About 1/20th scale, completely made out of plastic, and all the little plastic bits like the headlights and bumpers came off, so you could make your own bumperless shitbox you sometimes see at the MacDonalds carpark these days.

https://pic.armedcats.net/m/ma/magnet/2010/02/03/Toyota_Corolla_Yellow_bN.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/ma/magnet/2010/02/03/Toyota_Corolla_Yellow_aN.jpg

I had quite a few little toy cars...kinda noticing a theme on this thread. I liked stuffing said Puffalumps into Barbie limos and rolling them around. There was also this awesome little pedal car that I drove the crap out of before I got too big for it. Getting plastic tires to slide around on the driveway FTW!

Pass the Jameson, though--I never got the Power Wheels/go-kart/awesome kid-sized motorized ride-on thing to drive into a tree, flip over, and/or just plain hurt myself with that I really wanted. :cry:

If I was still little, my parents wouldn't hear the end of it re: the little Mustang they have out now. I think I like the little kid version better than the real one!

For me it was Lego and RC cars!
In Lego it was a 6 wheeled technic tow truck with switches which worked with air pressure. Cant remember the number but I loved it.
But a unfortunate mistake I did was attach all the wheels to one long rod and let it roll around. While I wasn't looking it kept rolling to the garage (Which was right out of the front door where I was [playing) and the Lego tires got crushed by my fathers car which was pulling up to the garage :cry: (Still have all the parts)
My cherished Lego box :mrgreen:
Img490rs.png

The blue truck is my latest Lego truck. The rubber tires you see are the remainders of the accident :cry:. Only two of the six survived. (My rod wasn't too long for fitting them)

And for the RC. I had quite a few of them also. (Not nitro or any special ones. Just electric motors)
But the one I loved was a white 959 Porsche. Normally these RC cars I owned never pass the 1 year mark due to the heavy abuse I gave them :p but the 959 worked for such a long time!
ext2000.jpg

Not my photo. But it looks exactly like that. I still have it in some box. Something wrong with the electrics and it doesn't work but I still love it.

i wont be able to get a picture for a while, but i had Owl & Monkey, given to me shortly after birth

Owl was of course an Owl, but you could wear him round your neck and put your hands inside to warm them up! the strap got lots of knots tied in it though so i couldnt do this...i used to wear him when i went to bed and my mum was scared i'd choke myself in the night!

Monkey, a monkey, was almost exactly the same length as me when i was a baby if you exclude the tale. I always like to get him out from time to time and its just surreal to think i was that small. being 6ft 3, monkey bearly makes it to the bottom of my knees

One of my favourite toys from later on though was one of these: Crash Dummies!

ctd4.png

only mine was black.

this thing was cool, everything was spring loaded so you'd crash it and the doors would fly off, the roof gone, bonnet would crumple, wheels would fire off. it was hysterical!

Technic Lego is still one of my favourites and when i was at the lego store in downtown disney this christmas i nearly bought some more!

Last edited:
Lot of LEGO lovers around here! Glad to see I'm not alone. I think my most cherished set would be:

6339-1.jpg

I have many fond memories of my dad and I building this together. We even rigged up power functions so the tower would automatically raise the shuttle to the launch pad.

O
M
F
G
!

i had this!!!, i loved it! one of my favourite non-technics lego sets! this has to be why im an engineer now....i had the mediator space ship thing and that big black car..... though i put one of the diff's in wrong so the engine would only turn when i wheeled it backwards. :(

built the F1 car out of it after a while, then took that apart and put the engine on a plinth with a chain drive and electric motor. span it up using the little controller u got with the lego electric train sets.

I had crash dummies! Sold them all together in a bin in a yard sale :(

I almost forgot this:
KNEX-Serpent-Roller-Coaster.jpg

Can't find the exact one I had but that one's pretty close.

One of my favourite toys from later on though was one of these: Crash Dummies!

ctd4.png

YES!!! These were the coolest! I think my car was blue. I could play for hours running it across the kitchen into the wall and watching the doors fly off, the airbag deploy, and the figures' arms come off. :lol:

I'm also on the Lego bandwagon. We (my brother and I) had a few sets, but mostly we built what we liked. Houses, cars, etc. I've still got them somewhere. Maybe it's time to build again...

We had all Apple IIe at my grade school. Maybe it's why I still use Macs today.

Wow I'm surprised so many people here like Lego. They're also my favourite childhood toy. You could do so much with them. I loved the Johnny Thunder (I think that was his name) sets. I've got most of my pieces somewhere but no instructions. I built tonnes of things, including a Gundam :cool:.

Actually, come to think of it I've got a fully assembled Star Wars hailfire droid and a Sopwith Camel in my closet.

pffffffff legos. I had these:

5114CR981RL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

201114105.jpg

unbranded-ford-gt-camel-yellow-crystal-110-scale-nikko.jpg

Still have the GT fully assembled.

Last edited:
The only Megabloks set I have is the space shuttle. Megabloks really didn't match up in terms of quality, but they were much cheaper. I got the space shuttle on clearance for only $30. Over 2000 pieces, a Lego with that many pieces would've cost well for $150.

Build quality of the blocks was crap, but the Pro Builders designs were fantastic.