Post your most cherished childhood toy.

golion1.jpg

Your name makes a lot more sense now.

I would like to show you some pics of my Cabbage Patch Kids, but I can't be bothered. Funnily enough, I'm doing an art project on Toys.

This is Huggy.

Huggy_Bear.jpg

He randomly pops up in different places around the house, or tags along when I go for a drive.
Currently he's somewhere in my bed, with a couple of my Dad's teddy bears.

I collect bears and other cute stuffed animals, and currently have about 50 in the spare room.

I had crash dummies! Sold them all together in a bin in a yard sale :(

I almost forgot this:
KNEX-Serpent-Roller-Coaster.jpg

Can't find the exact one I had but that one's pretty close.

I actually had that exact set, I remember building it just after Christmas the year I got it with my dad, right in front of the front door :lol: My cat absolutely hated that thing, it scared the crap out of her. Sadly I don't have the set anymore, it all got left behind in my mess of a closet when we moved and the evil people who moved in after us let their kids destroy it. :cry:

I also had (and still have, actually) this giant stuffed black dog that I call a variety of names (Velvet/Ginger/Fuzzy to name a few), she's sooo soft and has a pretty crimson neck ribbon :D

And then I had a yellow and white knit blanket that my great grandma made me, I've had that since I was born. Its around the house somewhere, and it smells rather bad but its a hazard to wash so I don't sleep with it anymore. I used to love it though because it would make static electricity arcs at night in the dark :mrgreen:

Last but not least is the blanket I'm cuddled up in right now, its a double sided tye-die blanket that my great aunt made me for Christmas years back. My cousins and I each got one, but I'm the only one of us three that as far as I know still has theirs. :) I love this thing to death and can't sleep without it.

I wish I had pictures, but I lack a camera. :(

About 1000 still boxed older Hot Wheels, 1:18 diecasts, lots of LEGO Model Team sets, Technic and the normal assortment- The space shuttle stuff was sweeeeeeett.

And of course, standard issue blankie and teddy bear, although I don't know where he's hiding. Last time I remember, he was missing an eye and his red heart was fading/scratched... :cry:

And now I have no more credibility :lol:

Favorite childhood toy??

It would have to be the TI-994a, I used it for HOURS every day... I loved this thing!

2180178554_eb2c38028d_b.jpg

Had this beast
[YOUTUBE]MlFEH1cOvCw[/YOUTUBE]
In fact I still have it some where, now thinking of resurrecting it, but may have to make a new battery pack

Also had one of those pedal go karts (well 2, one changed over time because the frame fell apart :p), had a lever that disengaged the drive wheel for some reason. The steering would come loose and chain would pop off, but I learnt how to fix those over time.

Last edited:
Got this in 1996 for my birthday and I've taken very good care of it ever since. Infact, it is sitting right behind me in my room. :cool:

xxp275.jpg

And this lego model team set still completely intact.

5542-1.jpg

About 1000 still boxed older Hot Wheels, 1:18 diecasts, lots of LEGO Model Team sets, Technic and the normal assortment- The space shuttle stuff was sweeeeeeett.

And of course, standard issue blankie and teddy bear, although I don't know where he's hiding. Last time I remember, he was missing an eye and his red heart was fading/scratched... :cry:

And now I have no more credibility :lol:
Pfft. The blankie and teddy bear give you more credibility!

(Pics? :wub:)

My grandparents gave me this teddy bear for christmas when I was 8-9, I have always loved teddy bears and have a lot, but this one is special to me. I still have it in my bedroom today.
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mg/mgkdk/2010/02/05/DSC_0369.JPG

Had this beast
[YOUTUBE]MlFEH1cOvCw[/YOUTUBE]
In fact I still have it some where, now thinking of resurrecting it, but may have to make a new battery pack

Also had one of those pedal go karts (well 2, one changed over time because the frame fell apart :p), had a lever that disengaged the drive wheel for some reason. The steering would come loose and chain would pop off, but I learnt how to fix those over time.

Another thing I forgot! The most epic R/C car ever! I cannot for the life of me remember what it was called or find it online, but it had 8 wheels, 4 on each side, each axle with different size wheels (so the car was a bit of a wedge shape).

The wheels were larger than the rest of the car so it could roll over and keep going.... but because of the shape, it had a different design on each side. If the small wheels went first it looked like a race car, and it was an off-roader on the other side.

The weirdest part was that it could fold in half (double jointed in the middle). The thing was completely indestructible. I launched it full speed down a set of concrete stairs; it tumbled down hilariously and just drove away at the bottom. It was quite fast for what it was, too.

It got it in the late 90s for $40 at Toys 'R Us, and it was probably a Tyco, but I don't remember the name (something like sidewinder) and I can't find it anywhere.

Its probably scary how much time I spent playing with this:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9Rh6K0f0D8&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Another thing I forgot! The most epic R/C car ever! I cannot for the life of me remember what it was called or find it online, but it had 8 wheels, 4 on each side, each axle with different size wheels (so the car was a bit of a wedge shape).

The wheels were larger than the rest of the car so it could roll over and keep going.... but because of the shape, it had a different design on each side. If the small wheels went first it looked like a race car, and it was an off-roader on the other side.

The weirdest part was that it could fold in half (double jointed in the middle). The thing was completely indestructible. I launched it full speed down a set of concrete stairs; it tumbled down hilariously and just drove away at the bottom. It was quite fast for what it was, too.

It got it in the late 90s for $40 at Toys 'R Us, and it was probably a Tyco, but I don't remember the name (something like sidewinder) and I can't find it anywhere.

We (theVictor and I) just spent about 1.5 hours combing the internet with a fine brush looking for this thing. I then proceeded to get distracted and search for the Tyco car I had when I was little. These things are really hard to find if you don't know the exact model name.

The one theVictor390 was talking about is this one
https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/02/05/Capture.PNG

The Wild Sting.

The one I had was the Nitro Dozer.
https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/02/05/Capture_000.PNG
https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/02/05/Capture1_000.PNG

That was a lot of fun. I think I might actually still have mine somewhere at home.

Last edited:

I had that exact same lego set. I had a weird mix, anything from planes and spaceships to those Barbie-style girl beach houses and horse play-sets. All my old lego is out in a box in the garage somewhere. I haven't even looked at it since we moved into the house we are in now six years ago. I just feel like I've left that part of my life completely behind at this stage. :cry:

Anyway, here are my three faves (I couldn't choose just one) of my childhood toys. The blue rabbit in the middle was called 'Ding' (my word for rabbit when I was a wee toddler learning to speak) and he went everywhere with me. I used to carry him by one of his arms and it eventually fell off. So, my mum sewed it back on again. The yellow one is his sister, I never named her, I just decided that she was his sister. I didn't play with her as much. They're both really dirty and faded, and have been in a box under my bed for years.

SpotBunnies.jpg

The yellow dog might be recognised by Aussie members here as Spot the Dog from the children's cartoon and books. While my brother was obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine, I was obsessed with Spot. I still have the old VHS tapes and the Spot books stored safely away. I learnt to read with the books and my mum or dad had to read one of them with me before I'd go to sleep.

..and finally, for some added nostalgia value, I present....ALF! He wasn't played with much, so he's in much better condition than my other toys. I just like him, even though I hardly remember the show. I think I was a little young. He's a sort of puppet, there's holes behind his arms that you can put your fingers in to make his arms move.

ALF.jpg

Last edited:
Nicole:
t4wdw9.jpg

Marley:
2vba5oi.jpg

Morgan:
20s9lrb.jpg

Karla:
300bjp2.jpg

I for one will trouble departing them. I will have to do one day, but not now because a)I'm doing an Art Project on them and b) I love them too much.

We (theVictor and I) just spent about 1.5 hours combing the internet with a fine brush looking for this thing. I then proceeded to get distracted and search for the Tyco car I had when I was little. These things are really hard to find if you don't know the exact model name.

The one theVictor390 was talking about is this one
https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyrussian540/2010/02/05/Capture.PNG

The Wild Sting.

The one I had was the Nitro Dozer.

<more pictures>

That was a lot of fun. I think I might actually still have mine somewhere at home.

Seriously, you won the freaking internet with that one. According to the eBay auction it came out in 1998 and was quickly discontinued.

This little lad here is white Shaun, i got it when i was little and took care of it, so it only looks a bit dirty.
Also, the cars beside him are the first collection i have ever managed to complete

05-02-10_1933.jpg

Last edited:
<snip awesome cabbage patch dolls>

I loved mine too! I had a special one called Lisa Jennifer. They all live on at my parents' house. I expect to have to re-home them here at some point, when my mom gets tired of having them around. They were the coolest!