Post your most cherished childhood toy.

Bunnies! I had a yellow fuzzy bunny that looked a lot like Zesty's, only with black eyes. :wub:

Oh, Barbies. I never played with mine nearly as much as I did my Puffalumps, but I had this awesome huge pink dollhouse that I expanded with a shelf and some other things. Took up the whole corner of my room at one point in time. I still have most of the dolls because I always wanted the special edition and Christmas ones that were awesome. Big sparkly poofy dresses FTW! I think my favorite one was the remake I had of the original 50s doll. It had the coolest hair, make-up, and clothes with it...even had little cat-eye sunglasses!

I loved mine too! I had a special one called Lisa Jennifer. They all live on at my parents' house. I expect to have to re-home them here at some point, when my mom gets tired of having them around. They were the coolest!

Aren't they just the most cuddle friendly toy you could own? Mind you, they're getting bigger.

I have an ALF too! He's not a puppet though.

Ah..bugger it *grabs camera to take some photos!*

This is one of the beds in the "Bears'" room;
SDC15103.jpg

The big pink one is Big Bear. He's the boss of all the bears in the house.

My Great-Grandmother's very expensive piano;
SDC15104.jpg

I have two sets of twins. Buffy and Angel, (the dark brown bears on the top of the piano), and the two white ones Snow Bear and Lady Bear.
My Grandmother had Buffy and Lady Bear, but when she passed away they were given to me to be reunited with their twins.
I also have Officer Bear, who came from the NSW Police Academy, Tigers to comemorate my trip to the Tiger Temple in Bangkok, a giant stuffed German Shephard, teddy bear slippers (which were my Grandmother's), Alf is in there too, and way over in the left corner my old Sega Master System is visible.
It still works, but the pause button is a little temperamental.

And Huggy, with Teddy Edkins and Teddy Koala - my Dad's bears (whom he thought were a bit hot one summer, and tried shaving their fur, knowing full well it wouldn't grow back.) All resting comfortably in my bed.
SDC15105.jpg

I've now made a jumper for Teddy Edkins, who was the worst affected.

Last edited:
^ Old school Legos ftw!

I loved my Lego sets more than any of my other toys (I don't count die-cast cars as toys) and these were my favorites when I was 10-12:

8880 - big car with working 4-speed tranny, 4WD, 4WS
8880.jpg

Damn it! I wanted one of those forever, but they were too freaking expensive in Bulgaria.

I guess my favorite toy was, among hundreds of Matchbox cars, a 1/43 model of a British Racing green Jaguar XJ Series III. It was completely metal...no plastic parts except the wheels. It was a heavy bastard. The only opening part was the trunk.
I had to repaint it with my mom after a couple of years. So it became...brown. Finally when I was 8 or 9 me and my dad disassembled and repainted it in white, with a black chassis and bumpers.

Sorry no pics. I have no idea where it is now.

My favorite little model car was a bright red Porsche 911. One of the 90s? ones before they went to to the melted egg headlamps. It even came with me to college and has a little bunny stuck in the drivers' seat now. The wheels turn, the steering wheel turns the front wheels (a little--it is plastic in there, after all), and the trunk and hood both open.

I have no idea what I want to do when I get out of here, but I do know that I'd like a bigger version of that car that runs! :lol:

I had crash dummies! Sold them all together in a bin in a yard sale :(

I almost forgot this:
KNEX-Serpent-Roller-Coaster.jpg

Can't find the exact one I had but that one's pretty close.

I had that; loved it. Built it and it never worked :lol:

As a kid I loved LEGO, K'Nex and Mechano. All i'd play with then have some serious fun with the stats. Favorite was the Rc car which went down the stairs but hardly lost any bits. It was invincible

5599-1.1167531747.jpg

I had that; loved it. Built it and it never worked :lol:

As a kid I loved LEGO, K'Nex and Mechano. All i'd play with then have some serious fun with the stats. Favorite was the Rc car which went down the stairs but hardly lost any bits. It was invincible

5599-1.1167531747.jpg

OMG i had that exact same car!!!! I loved it :D it was fantastic.

Mine was my Optimus Prime toy, long since lost the box and the back trailer. He's also been damaged from numerous battles with the evil Megatron but still probably the greatest toy i ever owned.
3716945517_5fb1dd49fa.jpg

^ Old school Legos ftw!

I loved my Lego sets more than any of my other toys (I don't count die-cast cars as toys) and these were my favorites when I was 10-12:

8880 - big car with working 4-speed tranny, 4WD, 4WS
8880.jpg

5581 - van + speedboat on a trailer - I built quite a lot of own designs from this and my other non-Technic sets
5581-1.jpg

I still have the complete sets, the completed 8880 car is displayed in my room at my parents' house.

I still have the 1993 catalog where these two exact sets were featured, back when LEGO built real kits instead of licensed crap. These were the two I wanted most. Maybe eventually I'll go buy 8880 Super Car off eBay...

construx.jpeg

Contrux One year for christmas i got 2 of the 1000 piece sets it was probably the best christmas ever. To this day i still randomly find the blue 6 way connectors at my prarents house.

but really my most favorite toys were my imagination and the 150 or so acres of woods that butts up to the back of my parents land.

Speaking of Technic, I had this one

8850-1.jpg

Which I broke by crash testing the jeep too many times, and this one

8841-1.jpg

I was given a couple of older ones as well, including

0313-2.jpg

and a yellow double storey house I can't find a picture of. All the sets unfortunately did not stay in mint condition, with most of the bus' windows being shot out with a BB gun.

Mindstorms_Box.jpg

I still have mine, but I need to get an old computer running Win 98 or below to use the software again <_<

Ah man, my neighbor had that set. They got it for free because they were homeschooled and it counted as an educational toy.