Post your random dashcam videos thread

Any advice on which dashcam to buy? I was driving and saw just mind blowing stupidity with a car driving across three lanes and slamming into the water barrels. I'm sold on the concept just don't know what I should be looking for.

Any advice on which dashcam to buy? I was driving and saw just mind blowing stupidity with a car driving across three lanes and slamming into the water barrels. I'm sold on the concept just don't know what I should be looking for.

I think the YT channel I use is US Dash Cams.

I like the Blackvue cams. Theyre compact and horizontal and don‘t have unnecessary shiny bits.

1613421910317.png

I like the Blackvue cams. Theyre compact and horizontal and don‘t have unnecessary shiny bits.

Points for not having the unnecessary shiny bits.

Points for not having the unnecessary shiny bits.

Indeed. I had one of these in my last car:

1613422227205.jpeg

It was reliable and had wi-fi which is crucial because it allows you to download clips to your phone easily. I put electrical tape over the shiny ring around the lens and in the Skoda it slipped in neatly behind the mirror so I didn’t even see it from the drivers seat.

However, the Insignia has a plastic panel behind the mirror so I can’t hide a dashcam there. It doesn’t matter where I put it, it’s right in my field of view and makes a huge blind spot. It’s in my big box of electronic junk in the closet and will undoubtedly be thrown out the next time I’m cleaning. If I ever get around to buying another dashcam it’ll be a Blackvue or similar.

What's going on with all those flashing lights in the background of the last clip? Great to see clips of the 2019 roadtrip again too.

What's going on with all those flashing lights in the background of the last clip? Great to see clips of the 2019 roadtrip again too.

Wind Turbines.

Driving home last night from my parents, apparently Chicago got 15 in or 38 cm over night...

Driving home last night from my parents, apparently Chicago got 15 in or 38 cm over night...

Stupid question: do they not salt the roads where you are or is it just not enough for the amount of regular snow you guys are getting?

This is the one I have and it's decent

Stupid question: do they not salt the roads where you are or is it just not enough for the amount of regular snow you guys are getting?

They do, but it was late at night and usually unless it’s really heavy snow, they will wait until it slows down, stops, or getting close to commute times. Late night like this they’ll just plow once or twice.

They do, but it was late at night and usually unless it’s really heavy snow, they will wait until it slows down, stops, or getting close to commute times. Late night like this they’ll just plow once or twice.

I've sat here the last two days watching the plows go by on the road in front of the trophy shop. It seems they are really only good at removing the loose material. Such as slush, or loose snow. The snow that has been compacted/packed onto the roadway they just seem to skip over. Of course the trucks are also throwing out grit/sand/salt as they go by and that seems to have a greater effect on the packed snow as the cars work it in.

I've sat here the last two days watching the plows go by on the road in front of the trophy shop. It seems they are really only good at removing the loose material. Such as slush, or loose snow. The snow that has been compacted/packed onto the roadway they just seem to skip over. Of course the trucks are also throwing out grit/sand/salt as they go by and that seems to have a greater effect on the packed snow as the cars work it in.
Yup, that's what will happen here, They will plow until sparks fly out from the plows, then salt the crap out of the road until the pavement dries to a shade of white from all the salt.

See that's smart. You guys seem to be getting a lot more snow than most other places in the US so I want to learn and understand from yall's procedures. Especially after the mess that happened in Texas.

We do get snow here and its been more regular this season but otherwise its sporadic. They salted the shit out of the roads this morning in anticipation of the 5 inches we're about to get tomorrow (LOL). And they have plows and whatnot at the ready. Theyve become more overprepared in the last several years, esp compared to when I first moved here (and totaled my civic)

MoDOT is pretty well on top of things. They ran the plows all night last night as it snowed to keep the roads decent. This morning they had a little snow on them still, but by this afternoon when the sun came out and the temp got up to 22f/~-7c they cleared off quickly.

See that's smart. You guys seem to be getting a lot more snow than most other places in the US so I want to learn and understand from yall's procedures. Especially after the mess that happened in Texas.

We do get snow here and its been more regular this season but otherwise its sporadic. They salted the shit out of the roads this morning in anticipation of the 5 inches we're about to get tomorrow (LOL). And they have plows and whatnot at the ready. Theyve become more overprepared in the last several years, esp compared to when I first moved here (and totaled my civic)
Yeah and it’s not just salt either. They do a beet juice mix and light gravel, which it’s best to not drive your motorcycle in the spring as the edges of the roads and curves are full of gravel that will cause wipeouts. Lot of cities have gone to a liquid salt beet juice spray that they will put on some heavily traveled surface streets and bridges the day before it snows and it has snowed in days/weeks. I guess it helps slow the snow build up. Seems what we don’t put in road repairs we invest in snow clearing.

Last edited:

Ignore the music, dad grew up on South Indian classical (and I used to sing with him all the time), so he put his new overly repeated song on full blast in the car lol.

Typical Baltimoron Acura TL driver