Post your random dashcam videos thread

Mistook this BMW 4 series gran coupe for a 5 series when I filmed this--anyway, it clearly went over 150 mph. Probably only the factory-installed speed limiter holding him back.

you don't have to slam on the brakes, you have to move over!
there was loads of space behind that kuga...

In my country, the law specifically says that you shouldn’t move over and create a mess on the freeway. It’s the driver on the onramp that needs to learn how to merge.

There are plenty of obliviots (good word!) around these parts that think joining a 120km/h freeway at 75 is the correct thing to do, and that whoever is in your way has to make room for you.

there are 2 options:
  • stick to your lane, honk, get frustrated with the obliviot and express your disdain on the internet
  • move over, overtake him and continue with your life
i choose the 2nd option...

Last edited:
there are 2 options:
  • stick to your lane, honk, get frustrated with the obliviot and express your disdain on the internet
  • move over, overtake him and continue with your life
i choose the 2nd option...

In most places over here, if you exercise option 2 and are hit from behind by a faster moving vehicle, you are responsible for the collision. Not the guy that you tried to avoid.

IIRC, LeVeL's local law is that traffic entering the highway must yield and therefore any collision would be the merging driver's fault; this is common in the US. Texas law is similar, so similar conditions would apply here; the merging driver is responsible for avoiding collision and it is their duty to slow or stop as necessary until they can safely enter the lane. Per a Texas ambulance chaser attorney's web site:

Section 545.061 of the Texas Transportation Code states that a driver must yield to traffic on his/her left when entering a lane from the right, on a roadway divided into three or more lanes for one-way traffic. Put simply, this means drivers entering a Texas highway or freeway must legally yield to vehicles already driving. This is the common sense solution – otherwise, the vehicle entering the highway would collide with moving traffic or force traffic to come to a halt, creating a dangerous roadblock.

If drivers yield the right-of-way to vehicles entering the highway, this is courtesy and not a legal requirement. Drivers may yield to avoid an unnecessary collision, but it is the merging driver’s duty to slow or come to a stop until it is safe to merge onto the highway. This statute also applies to vehicles changing lanes on the freeway. The vehicle doing the merging must yield to vehicles already driving in the lane.

Edit: The specific offense you would be charged with if someone hit you because you unsafely entered a lane is classed as Failure To Yield and is punishable by points on your license as well as:
  • Fines of no less than $500 and up to $2,000, if the other driver received bodily injury.
  • Fines of no less than $1,000 and up to $4,000, if the other driver received a serious bodily injury.
There may also be mandatory insurance surcharges in additional to the inevitable rate hikes the insurance company will hit you with for your stupidity. Severe cases of FTY are charged as felony Reckless Driving. Option 2 keeps looking worse and worse.

Of course, if you can't brake in time and you have a large and sturdy enough vehicle (say, truck with rock rails), you might be best served to let the idiot hit you.

Last edited:
I had a job recently in Michigan and on the drive back had to drive on this awesome section of I94.

Then theres this weirdo beeping at me.

This morning I spaced out or the traffic stopped suddenly. Either way, Forward Collision Warning with braking proved to be a Good Idea to have on my company car.

Well, you were doing 40-45 in a 25. Obviously saw you were speeding A LOT.

My neighbor is losing it. If you think that’s his yard he’s in that he entered via my driveway, it isn’t. He’s one house off and should be on his driveway that’s the 2 story white/yellow-ish looking house.

And not the first time this has happened that you posted a video of it, wondering WTF was going on.

So, yes?

forgive me father.

a5430bbe3da35719571d93208dfcd9b2.png

I’m not up for a fight, I’ve worked in this office complex for almost 9 years now and never has anybody honked at me for speeding. Usually when I’m behind somebody, they’re doing 35-40mph as well so it’s just habit. Is it wrong? Yes, dangerous? That I disagree with.

i agree. it is safer to go with the flow, than to stubbornly stick to a number

but some people are so obsessed with sticking to the letter of law they rather be an asshole and keep up traffic than to adapt to the situation

Take me home, floody roads! I was so disappointed that my dashcam didn't record yesterday when I drove through some big floods I had to go out today and find some more in Bugsy...

First with a bit of AC/DC which I turned off later.

Everyone should own a V8 at some point in their life. I might be selling mine and I'm going to miss it. I was listening to Jodie Whittaker, that song really has its hooks in me.

Afterwards I was following this eejit, by the car and driving I'm assuming old person, maybe drunk. Classic Pendulum playing this time.

Bonus points for the observant people, you'll know when you are them.

Oh deer!

Hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting photos....

Shredded tire in the road, annoying, but not unheard of since they're usually semi-truck re-treads that come apart.
Webp.net-compress-imagee2e3518f977cf804.jpg

OH SHIT.
Webpnet-compress-image1ec1a0c0053d63514.jpg